Mimicking nature????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mikkos, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Guys guys guys...calm down. No biggie here.Btw im doing a LED DWC groe anyway lol... Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. "You WANT uneven temperature in your flowering room smart guy"

And there we have it! Lol

J

3. @[member="TSoaDK"]

Depending on one's prospective the roots zone temperature in a soil grow is relative.  Really I'm just reposting Hypoxic's post, but expanding a bit.  

Let's assume the set up is correct in that there is proper ventilation/airflow to keep the canopy temp at optimal temperatures there should be no need to 'cool' the roots.  Heat rises.  Just as it's advisable to take temperatures at the canopy height to give the best representation of where your tolerances should lie, it's relative that the root zone will be a few degrees cooler than that.  Now if you find your root zone temp is too high, assuredly your room temps are too high.  If you need to cool your containers, you need to cool the whole set up IME.  

Proper temperature for mediums/reservoirs is an issue for hydroponic growers, not soil.  

I feel comfortable posting this as I have a bit of indoor and outdoor experience.  No disrespect intended, but you need to provide a bit more scientific information rather than your own observations whilst digging holes.  There's much more important factors I would be considering than what your arguing about.

To everyone something to think about.  A member named Fencewalker posted once about this subject, surely I'll butcher it but here goes:

I'm not trying to imitate nature inside, I'm making something better."

Indoors everyday is sunny and mid 70s to low 80s no rain, clouds, deer, bugs, slugs, etc. Not bashing outdoor growing at all, just pointing out there are good and bad to both.  

ty for saving me the breath.......errrr finger motions.