Milk

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Borborygmus, Dec 21, 2013.

1. i retract the fool statement sorry bra

im more on that powerlifitng ish right now anyways so its whole milk for me bro

2. No sweat man, I did whole milk throughout the summer so I know it's great for stacking on the calories when you need them. What're your goals with powerlifting? 

3. I fucking love milk, its my drink of choice.  Can easily drink 2 gallons a week.  

OP you are a bit misinformed.  Its not the milk that builds strong bones but the calcium, which milk is high in.  I'm sure you are getting your calcium from other sources.  Also strong bones aren't something you need to worry about until you start getting older but you want to start building them up when you are younger.

4. just to up my number thats it

i want to overhead press 225 5x5

bent over row 225 5x5

squat 450 5x5

bench 350 5x5

and deadlift 450 5x5 (my weakest point that why goal is low)

should be there in like >4 months not far off now

wbu bra

5. Those are numbers I won't be reaching any time soon, haha. I just lift to stay fit man, I can barely deadlift 300 lbs, no where near your status. I see your squatting, what're your thoughts on the front squat? I just did them last week for the first time and damn, they are killer. 

6. i think they are an awesome assistance exercise but are on no way a replacement for backsquats

you HAVE to back squat   

7. Agreed. Your knees will blow out if your hammies aren't strong enough when front squatting. 

8. Im bulking right now, well trying to; Although im trying to keep it as clean as possible, im drinking a lot of milk, for its protein and calories. I normally drink hemp, almond, and coconut milks.

9. agree with what others have said, i always felt like front squats are alot more quad dominant so awesome assitance exercise but the back squat will forever be king of lifts to put on size imo

10. All you people bashing milk should look into goat milk.   Its not as inflammatory as cow milk and digests very well with the human body. It also has very similar nutrition content, but its kinda expensive.  Also it tastes great unlike those nasty soy and almond counterparts

I do love goat cheese, never tried goat milk. Agreed on the soy milk but almond is definitely not bad!

12. #32 phiferindia, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2013
    Ya ofcourse, protein shakes or fruit juices mixing with Thick original cow milk is very very healthy for childre and those who body building it cointains calcium power to boost and grew up bones teeth and nails very much strong. And people who looking leen and trying to get fat body. You can have milk one glass daily with some fruits.

13. raw goats milk
    no lactose
    and its medicine 

14. Babies need milk but adults do not!Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

15. I actually ordered a nutbag off amazon so I can try and make almond milkSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I fucking love milk!

17. [quote name="Borborygmus" post="19288800" timestamp="1388987296"]I actually ordered a nutbag off amazon [/quote]Lol

18. "Good for the bones,good for the kids,I pity the fool who doesn't like milk"-Mr.T