Milk

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Borborygmus, Dec 21, 2013.

1. What's your opinion on it? I feel it is marketed as some kind of super juice, and the benefits really aren't as good as people believe. I don't like people telling me I need milk to have strong bones. I have never drank much milk. I grew up playing hockey, a little football, and snowboarding. I have never broken a bone. I don't think I NEED milk. What do you think about milk?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. my son and i drink a gallon in 2 days. it has protein and calcium, 2 essential nutrients. it'd be like growing weed without Nitrogen and Potassium

3. you need fight milk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuI1JCuYbvY

• Like Like x 5
  4. only almond milk

• Like Like x 1
    Do you make it or buy it?

I buy it. too impatient to make it lol. I've made almond butter before though and it's easy as hell 

7. No one knows if this shit is truly good or bad for you but I've personally learned to stay away from it. The only argument people seem to throw at me is the calcium thing and I'm pretty sure (if not entirely sure) that the calcium it offers us isn't worth the rest of the shit it comes with. It simply isn't the amazing source of calcium that the past has led us to believe. Plenty other ways to get it that are way healthier. 

• Like Like x 1
  8. I only drink it with some protein shakes. Other than that, no thank you.Sent from The Gods.

Ok, my sister made some almond milk last Christmas and it was good. I was going to buy a nut bag and try making some but I completely forgot until now haha.

10. [quote name="fancypantsdawg" post="19205319" timestamp="1387652289"]No one knows if this shit is truly good or bad for you but I've personally learned to stay away from it. The only argument people seem to throw at me is the calcium thing and I'm pretty sure (if not entirely sure) that the calcium it offers us isn't worth the rest of the shit it comes with. It simply isn't the amazing source of calcium that the past has led us to believe. Plenty other ways to get it that are way healthier. [/quote]Definitely can get those nutrients elsewhere without milk. For heavy lifters, you can however use milk in addition to your protein shakes - whole milk will increase production of hgh, igh and insulin - all of which will aid in muscle growth from protein synthesis. I personally cannot shake dairy from my diet, and love milk. At the same time, I'm a firm believer that after toddler age, milk is unnecessary for people (how many animals besides cats do you see drinking milk after they mature? )Sent from my SCH-I510 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. I love milk personally, mostly cause it tastes good and goes with chocolate. Also I'm Canadian so it's either milk or vitamin D supplements for me, and I'd rather drink milk. :yummy:

12. I have a few glasses of whole milk every day.  It helps me get the protein and fat I need to get big and strong.

13. From what I have heard, I think that the nutrients that are in milk are added to it, not natural. So the vitamin D or calcium in milk is no different than the vitamin D and calcium in a pill. There is a big ad on the roof of one of the busses I ride on saying that drinking milk helps control bodyweight or something. Right beside that are two smaller ads promoting vegetarianism lol. I chuckle every time I am on that bus.

• Like Like x 1
  14. If you're bulking, go with 1% (limit the fats and keep the protein). If you're cutting, then avoid the milk altogether. 

15. I love the moo juice

16. LOL'd at 1% for bulking

whole vitamin D milf fool

• Like Like x 1
  17. milk.... hmm idk it's milk

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Milk but only almond or coconut.

• Like Like x 1
  20. If you want to dirty bulk, eat and drink whatever the hell you want. If you want to clean bulk, I wouldn't recommend whole milk, as it is loaded in fats, including saturated fats (which you would want to limit on a clean bulk, especially 5 g of saturated fats per 1 cup). 1% milk has the same amount of protein and carbs as whole milk, but 4-5 times less fat (1-1.5 g total saturated fats). So you can call me a "fool" all you want, but the real idiocy lies in you not being able to distinguish a clean and optimal bulking diet from a dirty bulking diet.

You may express a difference in opinion, just try not to call others "fools" in doing so brotha.  :smoke: