milk and eggshells?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Blaze all day, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Source: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/51810/homemade_fertilizer_for_outdoor_plants.html

"Powdered Eggshell Fertilizer

Next time you use an egg, don't throw away the shell. Eggshells provide a rich source of potassium and calcium, and eggshells are fantastic when used in homemade fertilizer. Making powdered eggshell fertilizer is simple. Dry out empty eggshells, and crush them into powder. Work approximately five crushed eggshells into the soil around every plant. Outdoor flowers, fruits, and vegetables will benefit greatly from this homemade fertilizer.

Liquid Eggshell Fertilizer

If you'd rather feed your plants with homemade liquid fertilizer, make a batch with empty eggshells. Simply boil twenty eggshells in a gallon of water for several minutes. Allow the eggshells to steep for eight hours before removing the shells. Store the homemade liquid fertilizer in a covered container, and apply an adequate amount to outdoor plants, fruits, and vegetables once each week.

Milk

Milk is said to do a body good, and milk is also good for plants. Milk contains the nitrogen-building protein that plants require. Give your plants a healthy dose of nutrient-rich milk by mixing one part milk and four parts water. Feed plants approximately one cup of this homemade fertilizer once a week for best results"
    think this would work? Can you think of any homemade nutes?

2. Interesting if true.

3. i am trying this with my plant, i sure hope ur not fucking me!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. #4 cantharis, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    I routinely add crushed eggshell to my mix, as a form of organic lime.
    My research shows that eggshell is 95% CaCO3, does not contain much K at all.

5. Just discovered milk as a fertilizer

Know its an old thread but cool info

6. Hehe how is that workin out for ya? With what happens to milk i have avoided the heck out of it. Smell, mold and allergens i don't really want throughout my soil and growung area =) but totally ignorant on the subject, or just unwilling to test lol.

Are you using pasterized milk, raw milk, powder milk, dehydrated milk or ?

7. Breast milk? For the classiest of the classy...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Havent used it at all, just discovered it.

Figured someone else had, wasnt sure if its a myth or what?

9. Does this work foreal..I might try it!!

10. Eggshells are great for soil. I've never heard the milk thing before but I would be weary of putting anything that rots and grows mold incredibly fast in an indoor plant pot.

The Dank Knight

Egg shells, Yeah good stuff...But milk??? I've used milk in the past for PM, it works as good as many other organics, not too sure about dumping it in the soil. Would be cool if it's true.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Don't put milk in your soil that's really dumb. Egg shells work and so do coffee grounds. Milk will sour and mold

13. Milk will kill your plant, like letter said tho eggshells are great for em tho.

There's actually a good answer from a grade school student on Google how added milk, pop, water, and (something else I don't remember to one) in the soda fed plant it dyed quick as where the milk and other dyed agreement weeks later, only the water fed plant grew without issue or death.

Eggshells, used tea, and used coffee makes for good slow release feed if your into DIY projects, just put some time into finding some good nuts.

14. Doesn't milk use up any oxygen in water, if milk gets in a river the fish all die, I wouldn't.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. What about kraft singles. Cheese slices. That's gotta be even better right

The Dank Knight

17. Too funny