Military

Discussion in 'General' started by AimedForDeath, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ars, I can tell who ever I want off. I\'m in a REALLY pissed off mood right now, and your just adding to it. You tell me I\'m a disgrace? You know what Ars, you better pray to got I don\'t EVER meet up with you one day because you know that .50cal round you said I might run into? That is whats going to run into your brain. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I\'m getting the fuck off this forum for a while. Your just an ignorant son of a bitch.
    [COLOR=\"Red\"]

What the fuck!!! This is not cool and I\'m surprised and disappointed by it! *RMJL[/COLOR]

2. Bro you really need to take a few deep breaths and chill out. I can easily relate to you because I too, have a nasty temper and when I get pissed it takes me a LONG time to cool down. But you\'ve got to relax man, because no one here means bad for you.

3. AFD, I like you and all but you need to chill man

4. I didn\'t think it was free from venom at all... I have only been able to come on this board for a few minutes at a time, and because of that I haven\'t been posting, but when I read his post to Aimed it made me mad, and I wanted to respond to it. I have first ahnd knowledge of the military seeing as my husband seperated from the Air Force a year ago after 8 years of service. I have a best friend over in Afganistan right now, and my husband\'s best friend just got out of the army with Medical disabilities because of his time in Iraq. Now I understand that maybe his opinion might not be what Aimed wanted to hear, and that\'s fine, but what isn\'t fine is that he blatently called him names, and insulted him, and then tried to hide behind \"hey, you wanted an opinion\"

You can tell someone how you feel in a manner that is not derogatory and insulting, and still get your point across, it\'s called diplomacy. Now maybe Aim\'s reasons for joining aren\'t as sound as what you may deem neccesary for that kind of choice, and he did ask for opinions, but I don\'t like the fact that you took that opportunity to try to bash on him, instead of remaining tactful and respectful. I can understand why Aimed took it the way he did, because I took it the same way and it wasn\'t even directed at me.

NOW, TO THE TOPIC:

Aimed, I think that what you really need to do is take some time to yourself, and explore who you are, and what you want out of life, not just the immediate future, but long term as well... where do you want to be in 20, 30, 40 years? What are the things you want to accomplish in your life? What are you willing to sacrafice for those accomplishments? When you start to think about going to war keep in mind that dieing is the easy part... what if you don\'t die? What if you have to shoot a 5 year old little girl who\'s walking up to your troop with a gernade in her hand? What if you have to hold your friends head in your lap while he struggles to catch his last dieing breaths? These are the real questions you have to ask. Are you able to handle THAT part, because going in head first guns a blazin to your honorable death is easy, it\'s living afterwards that proves to be the hardest part. Consider all of that, and if you still feel the saem then maybe the miltary is the right choice, but if you change your mind, that\'s ok too...

~ Terpsichore

5. Jesus you can\'t handle disrespect coming from an internet forum and you want to be put into a combat zone?

You realize that when you\'re in the military you\'re not there just for your own little thrills but that your fellow soldiers\' lives actually depend on your ability to keep a cool head in dangerous situations? You don\'t get dropped into Bagdad just to be a tough guy, you actually have a purpose and a mission that can be put in jeapordy by some hothead who loses his rationale.

Concerning your topic though, here\'s some friendly advice:

There are better things in life to be experienced than pain. I understand that you have a temper and that you\'re at a phase in your life where you feel confused and frustrated (I\'ve been there), but that\'s all the more reason to take it slow, to reflect and to learn.

Your life, no matter how shitty you think it is, is a very precious thing. It should be a lifelong goal to put it to use for others, and I really respect that you want to protect your country, but so long as your head is still clouded by all this rage you should withold any rash decisions.

6. I would have to say Afd is too head strong he thinks he\'s like a mod or something by the threats about getting banned in the previous posts. its ridiculous especially since you\'ve been preaching about immaturity lately bro you make no sense. And honestly if you think your gonna join the militarity and go all rambo on people cause u arent scared of death you got another thing coming buddy. Everyone except me and my dad(the 2 stoners:D) have joined the military in my family and they didnt ever want to go back when they went in. If i were you i would just be like every other kid. Get a job and get your own apartment and deal with life.

7. Man you need to practice what you preach. you\'ve been telling off other people for posts that have had no meaning or negative energy towards the gc forums but you\'re acting real immature and now you\'re threatening the life of a member Ars Moriendi? that\'s really a punk move dude. you need to learn how to cope with differing opinions because you\'re only 18 and you got a long way to go in life and let me tell you, not everyone is going to agree with you, and some people you WILL butt heads with, and if your going to act the way your acting in the real world...YOU WILL NOT GO FAR. you may not respect others opinions but you need to learn to deal with them. my .02

8. Now i\'m starting to get a little bit angry. Where the fuck do you get off on this shit? He asked for opinions on joining the military BECAUSE HE WANTS TO END HIS LIFE.

People are trying to twist my words like i\'m shitting on the military or something.

He doesn\'t know a fucking thing about the military, hell I doubt he knew what the fucking ASVAB was. I\'m sorry but he hasn\'t researched his choice well enough yet, and that\'s what i\'m telling him. I even gave him a damn link (well not direct) to forums where they could answer all his recruiting questions in an unbiased fashion.

Next time i\'ll say \"ok - join the military with your fantasy views on what life would be like during your duty. I\'m glad you want to throw your life away!\"

9. I wasnt really gonna add to this thread because most ppl have made all the same points i was gonna raise. I will say one thing tho, i totally agree with terpsichore on the fact how aimed got disrespected in the mannor \'a\' opinion was put forwared and i understand why he feels angry, however everyone makes valid points so far about the military and i do think u need to think long and hard before u make ur fianl decision, and if u chose to go forward with this i will wish u the best, because there is no greater service than to aid ur country and protect the ppl u love!!

PEACE

10. If you think any officer drilling your ass at the crack of dawn is gonna accept \'I\'m in a bad mood\' once you sign up you\'re sadly mistaken bro

If you so much as say a single word against them you can expect to be treated to some back breaking \'fun\' scubbing a bathroom from top to bottom with a toothbrush

11. Okay peeps, lets stop feeding the drama arguement over the forum. :D lets smoke another bowl and we\'ll all chill

AFD, I think you should do whatever you want to do. It\'s your life, you make the choices. I would never stop you or someone from administering drugs into themselves, it\'s their body, it\'s all themselves...they take the risks I do not beleive anyone should be told what they can do to themselves. This here goes along with what i\'m about to present.

It\'s all you on the front lines in battle, it\'s your life...if something goes wrong...it goes wrong. It\'s yourself that goes down, you could bring others...but that could happen to the best of us. Do what you feel is right, I won\'t sway you one way or another...considering I do not even know you personally.

You could be a totally different person in real life, and actually bite your temper better than you do here, but you can let loose anonymously on an internet forum because what real harm will happen to you? Nothing.

12. ^ ingesting drugs in the privacy of ones home (or a friends) locked up and safely away from others is much different then going into the army unprepaired

Him doing it for his own selfish \'I wanna kill I\'m not afraid to die\' reason puts others on the front line at risk not to mention possibly fucking up important missions

It\'s a big deal while someone oding on drugs is completely harmless to others even if friends/family feel bad about their death

13. I think we shud jut leave this thread to rest and all the bad feelings with it, and start afresh another day!!!!!

14. I\'m sure you can cause a little harm on drugs, like that one guy that killed some people while on PCP this winter (420420420 posted about it). Or those drunk people who have murdered others. They can do those drugs, and if they can cause harm it\'s all them.

I was referring that to if they mess up an important mission, it\'s all them.

But I agree with you still, injesting drugs in the privacy of ones home locked up and safely away from others is much different then going into the army unprepared. It\'s the *you bring it on yourself, you did it* type of thing. I can\'t really explain it well, i\'d rather not go deep into this..i\'m rather high. :wave:

AFD most probably will be much prepared in training before he\'s put on the front lines, I think he might be able to put some dedication into military and really train himself to keep his cool. but I don\'t know i\'m just inferring.

15. Yeah, his decision to join the military without researching it will in the end only effect him. I was merely trying to say that he needs to look into it from multiple sources and think on it. If he really wants my recommendation I would tell him to research it, and in the mean time take a year off after HS doing work and or attending community college (assuming he doesn\'t have any choices in college).

It\'s just my opinion that at THIS moment right now he\'s not ready. All I have to go off of was his post so that\'s what I made my judgement on.

I don\'t have any beef with AFD, and like I told him through PM if he wants to chat online he should just hook me up with his AIM SN. I wasn\'t trying to shit on his dreams or anything like that, I just hope he goes into the military prepared because a lot of people just stumble into it and end up hating it.

Here are some links for you AFD: forum to ask all your recruiting questions & guide on joining the military

Good luck with joining up AFD, and the offer to talk still stands.

16. are we all like 8 yrs old here?? christ grow up ppl

17. Well AFD, thats pretty cool that you wanna go into the military. Its alot of hard and boring work sometimes but I have several friends in the marines who say they love it. If you wanna actually see action you would join the marines in infantry, but I wouldn\'t recommend it. I promise you, joining the military opens great opportunities to meet some life long friends. Also helps you decide a career.

Hehe, I liked how you said you support your country, but not its leaders, very well said. Even though I\'m republican and support Bush in some of his things. Hope you decide what you\'re looking for, I know that I had a feeling like that before I started my major in pre-med. For now I work 50hrs a week and go to school woop!

18. This is whats wrong with this country, some one who is apparently so angry at something is going to get a gun and be able to kill people? thats healthy haha.....

In my opinion I wouldn\'t join the military, who the hell wants to give up years of your life for shit money? I think I\'ll go to school, get a nice job, and start a family.

19. I know many people in the military. Many of them needed the military (meaning discipline, finding them self, growing up, and various other positive and negative aspects). I hate the thought of anyone I know, online or not, going to war but at the same time I can\'t disagree with one man\'s choice.

I know people whose lives have been destroyed by military and those who have very successful lives from it… The only advice I could even think about giving is to write down a list of positive and negatives. In doing so maybe you can work through all the different reasons you would join or not. I mean many people have lost limbs and now have to face life that way. Good luck with your decision!

20. It\'s all a matter of perspective. I\'ve certainly thoughts about going into the miltary (not so much in my age)

To you, it may seem stupid, but honestly, living the picket-fence american dream is stupid too. I don\'t want kids, i don\'t want a wife, i don\'t want a mortgage and debt and working 9-5 shuffling paper. Though to other people, that safety, security and routine is the very essence of their existance and can\'t live any other way.

Also, consider that the military *can* (i stress the word can) can offer people some really unqiue experiences, abilites and opportunities. I\'m fundamentally against most forms of armed military conflict, but i can\'t stand the negative stigma that the military gers based on that.

Commiting a war crime and invading a soverign nation = bad
    military in general = good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.