Military...

Discussion in 'General' started by davidp0326, Feb 24, 2013.

1. I gave it a ton of thought and have gotten support from everyone around me. And joined the Army. I was going for Marines but got denied because of my tattoos. Current situation is I'm about to turn 21 and am a full time student at CU Boulder. I love it but I just want to better myself in a way I can't get here. I leave for basic at Fort Benning on March 18th. Anyone have any advice stories of their military careers? I'd love to hear them.

2. Once you're in American army you will never get out. I promise you this, be it alive or dead heh.

3. Do u ever wonder why huge majority of homeless people these days are Vietnam veterans? They don't give a shit about u, they sugar coat your future to get u to enroll then use you as a chess piece to get what they want then throw u away if u don't die in the process.

4. Are you sure you're not getting America mixed up with North Korea or something

I know quite a few people that were in the army and aren't anymore

5. I completely agree. Government doesn't care, sorry...

6. There are success stories in the military.. My mother has been in the army since she was 18.. Before she had me.. N is still in it.. N im 24.. She is just about to retire.. Been put in her 20 years.. But if it wasnt for my mom havin a good ass job makin money (my moms a major Sargent now).. We wouldnt of made it.. After I was 5. My mom was a single mother. But we lived a good life.

7. She would have made it with a crappy job. There are mass woman who take care of their children alone with worse jobs... For every good story there are prob 10 bad stories or none at all because they've died or committed suicide...

Think before "helping" your government...

8. Oh I kno my government very well.. Shit people couldnt even imagine! Some sick shit.. But im just sayin if its money he is after the military is a easy way to go.. But u will be their slave.. They will own u!.. But they will make it seem like ur still in control.. Plus they give u benefits. If ur married thats an extra 1500 in ur pocket.. ur house.. U aint got to pay for.. Matter of fact they pay u a housing fund.. U can make money n live good in the army.. Im just sayin..

9. Well, materialistic things are good but life is the main thing masses should worry about. Sure government can give all this but one bullet to your head and they're off the hook for everything. Good luck to whomever you leave behind, their life won't be so wonderful anymore.

10. Thats true also.. Its definitely will fuck wit ur happiness.. Its a very stressful job.. My mother had a stroke at 45 years old cuz of her job..

11. I wish I could join the army. I have too many tattoos and my record ain't exactly clear

12. I've got friends that were stationed in South Korea who absolutely loved it. Said cheap drugs and hookiers all the time.

On the other side, I've got friends who did tours in Afghanistan that are pretty fucked up over what they have seen and done. One said he personally killed more than 20 people and he is just completely fucked in the head now. Has to see a shink like 3 times a week and is on a buffet of pills. Pretty much takes enough pills to make him a vegetable now.

It all depends on your mental stability and what your motivation is. Don't join if it is for any kind of monetary reasons. Join if you want to serve your country and if you feel that you are the right person for the job.

13. Why the hell are they concerned with tattoos?

14. That was said perfect. Exactly true...

15. Don't ask me. I'm kinda covered tho

16. The Marines are very prideful. They focus a lot on appearance, form and show. Much more important to them than to the Army. Also right now the Marines are not hurting for new recruits. When they are desparate they will let things like that slide. But right now they have plenty of recruits so they are happy to turn away people who aren't "perfect" in their eyes.

17. Gang affiliation. One size fits all in the mind of the military. It's called "uniform".

Military can be a good experience, but military is not for everybody.
    I was 17 when I enlisted before I was drafted. And damned if they didn't end the draft shortly after! But I was good with it because I simply didn't have anything else going on.

18. If there's an alien attack you'll have guns while the civilians will run around screaming 'galika'.

19. Wow I've never met anyone this day and age willing to go into service, everyone I know in the army/navy/marines was forced into it by parents or because they could manage college in one form or another and felt they had no choice. That's what's sad about the army, they get recruits that have no other option but to die in wars made up by a handful of rich losers. Hope you don't end up homeless or crazy, if you do you can end up with my friends, I know most of them won't survive outside of the military now.... So sad.

20. From what I've seen as long as you don't owe any money to anyone. And you can explain your tattoos (why you got it what it means is it hang related) they don't really care. Maybe go talk to a recruiter?