Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Military + Marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Weed.Wacker, Jun 25, 2009.

1. A wise man once said, you can't get someone to sell your life to them for a million dollars
    but they will give it up for free for some ribbons and medals

2. dont join man. when i was younger i was going to be in the marines. as i grew older i started to realize what we are all doing. killing people, living things, for stuff that can just be shared. we need to all drop our guns, stop shooting, and have one love and share. peace and love is what the world needs

3. /qfc man when will we learn we need to help our fellow man and not kill him over useless pieces of paper and black liquids (oil)

4. I was in the Marine Corps from 2003-2007 and i had a great time. i was stationed in okinawa, Japan for 2 years and the younger okinawans all had bud leaf clothing and air fresheners on their rear-view mirrors. there was bud out there but it was very, very expensive, like 80 dollars for a gram of some ok weed. my roomate had his girlfriend send him some dank from florida and we blazed it up at the beach a couple times. in japan you didnt get drug tested as much as the states, usually after long weekends. my friend was dating a japanese chick and she would have hash and weed at her house usually.

when i was stationed at camp pendleton after i left japan i was in a infantry unit and we got tested a lot more than in okinawa. a lot of people failed drug tests for all kinds of things from weed to heroin. my unit had a lot of guys that were fucked up from deploying and had PTSD, some not so bad like my roomate who was pretty normal but he said he had bad dreams, to my next door neighbor who killed himself with oxycontin because he was so messed up from what he did out there.

i smoked weed constantly before i decided to join the military and i smoke constantly now that i am out. it really isnt worth it to get caught using anything and lose all the benefits and college money you get for an honorable discharge because you want to blaze it. you just have to be smart and use common sense. i smoked when i was in a few times thats it. mostly when i was on leave and i knew i had time to get clean(because they usually test you when you come back from home).

5. I am currently in the Louisiana National Guard,
    and i think they may ask about it in your security clearance,
    while i thought i'd be getting drug tested constantly,
    I joined in Febuary, left to go to basic and ait in may, been home since mid august and only been drug tested once and thats the day i joined,
    but as some one saud earlier it is illegal under federal law and you will be federal property so i suppose you can't under normal army service, but it may differ under national guard because you are state property and laws will differ,...

6. I used to be in the army until i failed a drug test for weed. The wanted me to sign up for rehab for a year and pay for it out of my pocket. I decided to get my medical card to smoke went back the next month showed it to them they looked at me shocked. One month later i was medically discharged and continue to toke.

7. #87 Jinx2011, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2009
    costofwar.com as of right now almost a trillion

$934,740,977,068

8. You're all ready part of it, there's nothing I could say to even phase you, love. Basically, I'm a pacifist, so the whole idealism of the military absolutely sickens me.

9. Usually that means the person just doesn't have anything to say. Pacifism has nothing to do with my original post. You stated how you felt the guys post was 'silly' so I asked you what makes it silly. Me being apart of the military has nothing to do with that. But of course I wouldn't know anything since i'm brainwashed right?

10. I wonder how many people that could have been used to send to college or how many homes for the homeless it could have built...

11. DAMN! With just 100k, I could pay off my old student loans AND finish with a PHD....and I know MILLIONS could get their BS/BA for under 50k each.:(

Way to much is being spent on "saving the world" from itself, instead of taking care of the people of the USA...:mad:

12. Yes, exactly! I'm a pacifist, so I must be an idiot and have nothing to say,obviously. You all ready have too much pride for the glorious military so it's void either way, and after college I'm moving to Germany so who gives a fuck!

Merry early Christmas America. :wave:

13. If you are a pacifist, then you can guarantee me that you will never hurt/attack/threaten/abuse/harm or take advantage of another person, ever? If you cant guarantee me this, how am i supposed to deal with people who declare they are not "Pacifists" and that they only care about them self, and will do what they can to get what they want.

I am not for the war in Iraq, but I am not completely against it. There are questions I have that will never get answered about 9/11 and the war on Terrorism. I don't blame the government, I dont blame the military, I blame the CARRER Politictions who ignore the states and federal consutition.

I also blame the people who blanitly attack their oppisites, with out reguards to how they expect to be treated.

I joined the Marines on 9/11/01, because I thought the USA was being attacked, I wanted to defend MY rights and everone elses rights.

If you want your "rights" to do what you please, then you must allow others the "right" to do what they please.

Any ways, the orignial Poster asked if he could smoke in the military. No, you are not allowed by federal law to use cannabis for any reason. Since the Military is under federal Juristicion then you have 100% chance of not staying in if you try to hid it. Also since the state national guard is still under the wing of the Federal goverment,(it shouldnt be due to the US Consitution) then you also cant smoke in that service. I woulnt not want to be going to work with guys who are drunk still and have access to ammo and guns, nor would i want to go to work with guys who are high and have access to ammo and guns.

14. very emotional thread. All I have to say is...
    Love your family and friends
    Have fun in life
    Do what you believe in, but today it is difficult to know what to trust
    In the end were all just animals that are born, live, and die. Were just the only animal smart enough to realize that.

and in a reply to the MAIN question, yea judging by the pages ive read on this thread, id say it would be pretty hard to smoke in the army or near impossible lol

15. Your 215 card doesnt help you with state or federal employment or any other employer. If an employer decides to terminate you for drug use, your 215 card will not save you. Yes there is plenty of random drug testing in the military. No one will give a crap you have a 215 card.

My advice would be to NEVER mention it to a recruiter (or if you do never write it down on anything you submit). Stuff like this can haunt you.

Forget about smoking bud if you join the military. You'll have to drink like everyone else. ;)

16. My family has a long Military tradition. My Father was in the Airforce for 22 years and my brother now is an Officer and eventually will rise in the ranks.
    My Uncle, was in the Special Forces in the Army and his daughter is now a Doctor in the Army.
    To get clearances that give higher paying jobs is a huge process. They do background checks, get your finger prints, FBI talks to you, etc (things my Father had to do). They even go to your neighborhood and ask the 6 houses around you what they "think about you and if there has ever been any suspicious activity."
    If you join the Military please understand that there are many tests to keep you in check.
    If you go on Vacation for an extended period of time to South America, Europe etc. expect to have a drug test when you come back.
    Joining one of the branches is a great choice for a lot of people. Just understand that it is very serious and if you do decide to toke up, be very smart about it and discreet.

17. i just got out the army..nice pics

i wouldnt suggest you signing up.
    Get a civi job and just smoke all day.