Military information thread (US military)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Viaticus, May 14, 2011.

1. Hmmm, E-1s? That's the bottom of the barrel, wet behind the ears, brand new military folk. Is there an article about this or something? Its got me interest

Ugh bootcamp, what a waste of time. The only thing I missed the most was sleep. I guess it's easier to control tired folk

2. The article is called "real life experience for 3 years living on base as a military spouse"

3. ^ The only "dicks" in the military were "dicks" before they went in. If you know a lot of ex-military that are "dicks" now they were "dicks" when you were hangin' with them on the block. My experience comes from "actually serving" in the military for 11 years and being the son of a retired military and being around it every day for the last 55 years.

4. You just are failing to comprehend what I'm saying. That's another common thing I've noticed amongst military folk: Too many times they say things before thinking them through and don't address the issues at hand. And they tend to bitch a lot and constantly remind people "i have x amount of ACTUAL experience". Yeah, many stupid douchebags in there for sure.

5. Hey dude, you're the one that first mentioned your 3 years experience living on a military base. If you want to know the absolute truth about the military you have to join up. You can't see the truth from the outside.

6. If you look at what you just said as a whole maybe you will realize what you are actually doing in your responses.

I do not think usandthem is not comprehending what you are saying, I think he/she is comprehending what you are saying perfectly as their response of "
    ^ The only "dicks" in the military were "dicks" before they went in. If you know a lot of ex-military that are "dicks" now they were "dicks" when you were hangin' with them on the block. My experience comes from "actually serving" in the military for 11 years and being the son of a retired military and being around it every day for the last 55 years. \t
    " was on point as far as responses go. Take this as you will but you really contradicted yourself in your last post Warriorsoflife. I think Usandthem picked up on it as well as I did, and perhaps since you consider his/her's reply to be off key your not really getting your point across.

by that I mean.. your post of
    You just are failing to comprehend what I'm saying. That's another common thing I've noticed amongst military folk: Too many times they say things before thinking them through and don't address the issues at hand. And they tend to bitch a lot and constantly remind people "i have x amount of ACTUAL experience". Yeah, many stupid douchebags in there for sure. \t
    reflected, instead of directed. You reminded us you have x amount of experience. and inadvertently that x amount was 3, and the experience was indirect being just a spouse to someone who is military personnel, which in the big picture is enough to mean you kind of know what the life is like or what people are like in the military.
    thats just my take on your thoughts on usandthems reply.

What I really want to know is why do you put down people in the military in the fashion you do? It's coming not from extrapolated, forward thought, its from experience, or experiences. I looked up the 3 years as a military spouse and could not find it, that would probably have the answers I'm looking for but as of now I do not see why anyone would put down someone in the military. they're douches but everyone on earth is a douche , they fight for your freedom so you can sit here and put them down on the internet, they give their lives and for what, a small pay check and a high suicide rate? The Military personnel's existence shouldn't cause you this much frustration indirectly. Where did this stem from?

Just curious. I'm not here to push anyone's buttons.

7. Good points, sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

It stems from my ex-wife (she was in the navy) man.... I have very ill feelings towards her, and not the "oh she broke my heart" kind of shit either. I'll just leave it at that. That's the source, take her out of the equation and I would have said none of those negative comments about servicemen. Thank you for serving.

8. No offense taken. i respect the fact that you were honest and straight forward. I don't meant to pry but what was that like? I've seen the affects the military has on a marriage multiple times just growing up in a military family but never experienced it first hand.

9. Well, it was hard, but ultimately a blessing in disguise. The deployments are the big thing, but even the dets (weeks-month long training in other states) were very straining on our relationship. Basically the military "became her" if that makes sense and after awhile we just had nothing in common anymore... I don't blame her though, the military requires a lot from you... What the military does to marriages is weeds out the people who aren't in love and makes the others' relationships much stronger. Had we got married and she didn't join the military we most definitely would've stayed together much longer and probably just get a divorce in 20 years or something...

10. It may be my young mind blinding me but, I always told myself it would be better to get divorced early on than much later down the road, not that divorce is easy or good in any situation. I like your take on what the military does to marriages, I've found that to be true in the marriages I've seen with people who are in the military. The military can be and most of the time is very strenuous on a marriage so do not blame yourself.

These blessings in disguise are, all in all, a blessing. You sound like an educated person with a good head on their shoulders, these set backs only make you stronger. A strong person with a good head on their shoulders, that is the epitome of potential.

11. Haha, thanks man. Well we separated 4 years ago, and yeah, it did turn out to be a blessing in disguise. If I stayed with her I would never have been able to focus in school enough to get all A's like I'm doing. I could only imagine trying to study and have her bitching about this and that..

I do not think marriage is for me though. Who knows though, life is full of surprises maybe some woman will come along and change my mind..

So far, my complex conclusions on this topic are this: Fuck bitches get money;)

12. Your not an American and if you are you should go over to the sandbox and let someone frag you.

Once you enlist you got your 4 years, after that you can go OCS. DO NOT got OCS right away as enlisted will have no respect for you.

When you meet with a recruiter don't listen to them, ask to see the documents. Make sure you get your MOS.

Air Force = maid service
    Navy = travel
    Army = GI Bill abusers
    Marines = badasses that fuck shit up

Remember shit rolls downhill.

13. what is OCS?

14. #55 Swills, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
  15. Well its always been something I have wanted to do as a kid. Don't think that its because of the "kick ass fighting" and all that shit. Because most of the Infrantry units don't even see combat.

16. That's not what marines tell me. Don't listen to recruiters pmsl they lie. Most marines (don't care what your "job" is, because your job is to "kcik ass fighting killing". If I could count how many times a marine has told me that every marines job is a rifleman first.

[​IMG]

I am sure you will find out what that means after a few years in the marine corp. :eek:

Thank you for wanting to serve our military my friend :)

17. ^^Thanks man. Did you serve in the military?