Militant Atheism is retarded

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by gaba, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #21 garrison68, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009

There is a difference between scientific "fact" and scientific theory. Most Atheists know this.

You said, "I have nothing against Atheism or any religion." I have plenty of reasons for being against religion, and I have very little respect for anybody, Atheist or whatever, who does not.

2. What if I told you gravity wasn't real. You would simply show me the effects of it. Religious people have the same argument. But its in relation to their personal lives. Nobody right now can explain the fundamentals of god or gravity. There will always be questions.

While I agree with your point of religious people being delusional, I personally have had dreams come true. And I will never be able to offer you any proof but my word. Having these things happen to me proves that there is a connection between spirituality and reality.

It takes an irrational mind to decipher an irrational world. Scientist should start trying to prove there is a "god". Religious people have the minds to experience what they think god is. Scientist have the minds to prove if there is something bigger. As I stated before, Those who truly believe they have all the answers are the real problem.

3. #23 Androgenicx, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
    No, that is the scientific approach. Rationality is purely objectively following logic and coming to a conclusion that is arrived upon after objective logic is fully followed. Objectivity cannot exist in humans, because we are always looking at everything, even when we think we are being objective, through the lens of our perception, which is personal and very different and is created by our emotional biases, intelligence, experiences in our lives so far, etc.

How is it rational to believe ANYTHING is the truth when there is no proof of any kind of any sort? "To the best of our knowledge of reality" is not objective rationality, it is just sitting in the safety of what we think we know and assuming that it is correct. Any assumption one way or the other is irrational.

Religious extremists and nutjobs are on the other end of the scale, but the average vehement atheist is as into his own irrational story about existence as any other person is, in his own way.

It is not rational to believe in life after death or miracles, for they are not fully experienced and/or proveable. It is not rational to proclaim disbelief in it either and claim allegiance to "truth" as the face of whatever is physically evident because it is not disprovable either.

Fighting for a belief and fighting against beliefs is irrational from either side. To me, rational belief and living is in the experiencing.

4. Here's a little something on the fundamentals of gravity...:rolleyes: I think we're making some headway on understanding them.
    http://www.astro.washington.edu/users/larson/Astro150b/Lectures/Gravity/gravity.html

It's the fundamentals of god we have trouble with, because its like constructing a building on a quicksand foundation, its doomed to fail, if it has no solid core of supportable truth.

Militant Atheism is no more retarded than singing "Onward, Christian Soldiers".

And its far less offensive than a so called man of god, proclaiming natural disasters to be divine retribution for lifestyles they know nothing about, as if nature was a weapon trained against the people of Earth by a spoiled petulant dictator.

5. After a quick glance through I see alot of the effects of gravity. What I don't see is what gravity is. Even if that answer is out there there is always the why that will never have an answer. It will just boil down to more laws that we cannot explain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.