Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mild hypertension + Smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Weed I am, May 2, 2012.

1. Hey guys I have a question.
    My blood pressure is 140/70 which is stage 1 hypertension of the high number and the ideal number on the low one. Does smoking weed help the blood pressure or only make it worse over time?

2. not sure about long term, but after you smoke your blood pressure should rise significantly, but i dont think to dangerous levels

3. Your heart beat rises when high so I'd imagine not. But it's sure as hell better then drinking coffee or a god forsaken energy drink.

4. I really wanted to answer your question my best. I did some reading and came up with "Cannabis is known to reduce hypertension to normal levels with REGULAR use and to maintain normal levels with continued use in SOME cases. Because of repeated threats by the federal government, only a few physicians have elected to recommend medical marijuana in cases of severe high blood pressure."
    Marijuana and hypertension studies are still in its infantry. I hope you find your answer.

5. If you have hypertension, smoking should be avoided. But when using Cannabis, it is not yet proven to lower high blood pressure, some say it can but some say it cannot, it is still safe to consult a doctor or physician first or eating vegetable can help.
    medical program