Mighty Wash - real or bs

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Gardenmaster, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Ever since getting a clone from a friend I have been battling spider mites off and on, about 3 years now.

I have used just about everything you could imagine from raising CO levels to 10,000 ppm, azamax, neem, SM90, and just about every other organic pesticide you can think of. I also religiously wipe down everything between grows, but they always seem to come back.

So last time I was in the hydro store my buddy there recommended this stuff Mighty Wash, so I read the container:

"Mighty Wash is a new revolutionary way to solve your spider mite problem in all stages of development from eggs to adults. Mighty Wash is a ready-to-use proprietary formula made up of polarized H2O and a very small amount of wetting agent. It may be used throughout the grow and flower cycle up to and including the day of harvest. Mighty Wash is truly "The cleanest solution to your spider mite problem."

With an education that includes organic chemistry I was thinking this sounded like complete BS, and thought they were selling "snake oil" but thought I would give it a try.

I had some flowering plants that were infested and sprayed them two weeks ago, all of the mites are gone and new growth so no sign of infestation.

I had some clones that were showing the first sign of mites, sprayed them and now two weeks later not a sign.

I am very confused and still not 100% convinced. Anyone else used this product?

2. It works but I have no fucking clue what is really in it. I prefer to soak neem meal and spray that instead.