might someone click this link for me (usajobs.gov)

Discussion in 'General' started by Boson-H, Dec 5, 2012.

1. I know that sounds horrible, but I'm using internet on my laptop thats from my WiFi Hotspot on my phone, and certain sites won't load on the hotspot connection (including facebook, yahoo, usajobs and several realty websites). the link is

www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/331996800#

i'm wondering if someone can give me a screenshot of the page or copy and paste all the info on it. please. thank you.

2. It would take about 15 screenshots and that is only for the first tab. You may want to head to the library or Community College. :smoke:

3. can you tell me at least the salary, the locations and the qualifications please. copy/paste maybe?

4. SALARY RANGE:\t$31,315.00 to $67,097.00 / Per Year
    OPEN PERIOD:\tFriday, November 23, 2012 to Thursday, December 06, 2012
    SERIES & GRADE:\tGS-1340-05/09
    POSITION INFORMATION:\tCompetitive: Career/Career-Conditional - Permanent-Full Time
    PROMOTION POTENTIAL:11
    DUTY LOCATIONS:\tmany vacancies in the following location(s):
    Tucson, AZ, USView Map
    San Diego, CA, USView Map
    Goodland, KS, USView Map
    White Lake, MI, USView Map
    Duluth, MN, USView Map
    More Locations (5)
    WHO MAY APPLY:\t* All qualified United States citizens.

Salary Ranges are:

Medford OR, Tuscon AZ, Elko NV, Riverton WY, Duluth MN, Goodland KS, Missoula, MT:

GS-05 $31,315.00 to $40,706.00

GS-07 $38,790.00 to $50,431.00

GS-09 $47,448.00 to $61,678.00

San Diego CA:

GS-05 $34,067.00 to $44,282.00

GS-07 $42,199.00 to $54,862.00

GS-09 $51,617.00 to $67,097.00

Seattle WA:

GS-05 $33,414.00 to $43,434.00

GS-07 $41,390.00 to $53,811.00

GS-09 $50,628.00 to $65,812.00

White Lake, MI:

GS-05 $34,039.00 to $44,247.00

GS-07 $42,165.00 to $54,818.00

GS-09 $51,576.00 to $67,043.00

This position is also being advertised as a Meteorologist Intern, GS-1340-5/7/9 under announcement number NWS-2013-0009 (open to status candidates) and as a Meteorological Technician (HMT) GS-1341-11 under announcement number NWS-2013-0011 (open to current National Weather Service employees and DOC CTAP only). You must apply separately under each announcement to be considered for each announcement. Relocation expenses are NOT authorized. A one year probationary period may be required.

KEY REQUIREMENTS

U.S. Citizen. Suitable for Federal employment.
    Must be able to work weekends/Holidays/rotating shifts.
    Registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
    This is a bargaining unit position.
    Qualification requirements must be met by closing date.

QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
    Qualification requirements in vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on OPM's website at: Qualifications.

BASIC REQUIREMENTS: A. Degree: meteorology, atmospheric science, or other natural science major that included:

1. At least 24 semester (36 quarter) hours of credit in meteorology/atmospheric science including a minimum of:

Six semester hours of atmospheric dynamics and thermodynamics;
    Six semester hours of analysis and prediction of weather systems (synoptic/mesoscale);
    Three semester hours of physical meteorology; and
    Two semester hours of remote sensing of the atmosphere and/or instrumentation. -
    2. Six semester hours of physics, with at least one course that includes laboratory sessions.

3. Three semester hours of ordinary differential equations.

4. At least nine semester hours of course work appropriate for a physical science major in any combination of three or more of the following: physical hydrology, statistics, chemistry, physical oceanography, physical climatology, radiative transfer, aeronomy, advanced thermodynamics, advanced electricity and magnetism, light and optics, and computer science.

**There is a prerequisite or corequisite of calculus for course work in atmospheric dynamics and thermodynamics, physics, and differential equations. Calculus courses must be appropriate for a physical science major.
    OR Combination of education and experience -- course work as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.

THIS ANNOUNCEMENT REQUIRES TRANSCRIPTS.

* You must provide all transcripts from all degrees received (unofficial copies are acceptable) by the closing date of this announcement. Individuals who are selected must be prepared to provide official transcripts.

* If course content cannot be easily identified from the title of the course as listed on your transcript, you must submit an official course description from the college/university that reflects the content at the time the course was taken.

* Applicants currently occupying a GS-1340 series position with the Department of Commerce DO NOT need to submit transcripts. All other applicants MUST submit transcripts as outlined above.

Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience need not have been in the federal government.

For the GS-5 level: Applicants must meet the basic education requirement. There is no specialized experience requirement.

For the GS-7 level: In addition to meeting the basic education requirement, candidates for the GS-07 level must possess at least one year specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-5). Specialized experience is defined as: *Experience assessing the current and forecast state of the atmosphere. *Interpreting effects of surface and upper-air atmospheric conditions and other meteorological phenomena; *Observing and recording atmospheric and hydrological conditions; *Operating meteorological equipment and interrogating data, including radar data;; and *Operating communications systems used to disseminate information.

SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of graduate-level education or superior academic achievement (upper third of the graduating class in the college, university; 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on their official transcript; 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum).

For the GS-09 level: In addition to meeting the basic education requirement, candidates for the GS-9 level must possess at least one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-7). Specialized experience is defined as: *Experience assessing the current state of the atmosphere based upon scientific processes that integrate information from meteorological and hydrological data. *Adapting existing forecast products to localized areas. *Data acquisition and analysis to support forecast and warning development. *Providing weather briefings to partners and customers.; and *Assisting with public outreach activities.

SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Two years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree.

NOTE: Your resume must clearly document specialized experience and support your responses to the vacancy questions.

Well that's pretty much my longest post ever. :p

5. thank ya maam! but fuck, the lack of differential equations courses is going to prevent me from getting this. probably no point in even applying, as i'm sure other applicants have met that requirement. ugh. MO MATH WOOHOO