Might have to quit smoking for good...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BillT-186, Oct 20, 2009.

1. So fairly often and getting more and more frequent, when I smoke I get really light headed and sometimes almost pass out. When I stand up to go blow the smoke out of the window I almost always get really light headed and have passed out several times. Once I broke a glass bowl I bought a week earlier :( and about every time I spill an entire bowl. Now I just set the bowl down before I stand up just in case. What sucks is its completely random and early one day I'll be fine and then at night bam I hit my head on my floor. Which is tile too and I've bleed pretty bad from this once.
    This is scary as shit when I'm stoned too because I'm constantly worried about concussions. And being blazed I can hardly tell if I have one or not. When I pass out sometimes I can sort of fall onto my couch to not hit my head and a minute later I've been fine but when I hit the ground I've been out for almost half an hour before. I've been doing some research and I have some blood pressure problems and low blood sugar which can be causing this. The actual condition is something like orthostatic hypotension and I have seen sources listing marijuana as a short term cause so I'm thinking its partially to blame. When I smoke cigs I'm fine but I'm never holding the smoke in like with bud.

I dont really know what to do because I don't want to quit smoking but its looking like I just might have to. Any advice? Smoke on blades
    :smoking: (I looked but I couldn't find a smiley where the dude passes out)

Although I just realized an upside. When I dont pass out I feel about 20 times as high for a little while. Although that could just be me getting some kind of permanant damage but I don't know I'm not a (Real) doctor. I just play one at kids sporting events and physicals. Wait what?

Sorry for the long post I'm decently blazed now and just hit my head again lol thankfully my room is messy enough to break my fall.

2. damn so u pass out when ever u smoke??

3. Its not every time I smoke. Mainly just when I stand up while I'm smoking and holding it in that it happens. It's getting to the point where I'm somewhat familiar with the warning signs so I know when not to stand up and try my hardest to ghost it.

4. i think ur just holding in ur hits to long, or not taking deep enough breaths...

the only reason u ever pass out is a lack of oxygen to the brain

5. dont hold ur hits in so long and maybe space ur hits outa little

6. i sometimes get this if i stand up to quickly but i never pass out. Sometimes i need to sit back down because i'de be to dizzy. That happens when im not high aswell and has been happening since before i started smoking. Its nothing serious and happens to lots of people. Its something to with the blood rushing to your head or away from your head im not really sure. I don't know if its the same problem as yours but if it is it might be worse because you've held smoke in your lungs or holding your breath in general.

Also I read that 95% of thc is absorbed by your lungs as soon as it you inhale it.

THC Club - Cannabis Users Guide

So there mite not be a need for you to hold it in

hope this helps but if not whatever the problem is i hope you work it out because that would blow if u had to quit

7. something like that happened to me a couple times. whenever i dont drink enough water i get light headed and ive passed out like you do. so maybe your not drinking enough water? thats the only thing i can think of... shit sucks :(

8. eat food first, smoke less, hold in hits less,see what happens.

9. you can always make edibles, a bit of a hassle though if thats your only method of getting lifted.

Have you tried using a vaporizer? I dont really know why it'd be different, but worth a shot.

10. Maybe you should ask a doctor about this, you possibly could have hypotension (low blood pressure). It can lead to dizzyness and lightheadedness or fainting in bad cases like yourself. Cannabis causes vasodilation which means that your blood vessels expand, that just so happens to also be a cause of low blood pressure, then when you combine that with standing up quickly I can see why you would faint. But like I said you should see your doctor.

11. This happens to ME! but read more..

so background.. i like to roll sometimes and the day after rolling(i smoke alot also) sometimes when i get up from sitting down i will get pretty light headed and it hits me kinda hard but its kind of a nice feeling that goes through my body..

So every once in a while(wasnt sure if it was from e or weed or both) when i would sit down smoke, get up fast while holding it in longer, I would become light headed and makes my body feel all tingly.. After this has happened a few times I learned how it was happening and it happens when I do that.. *take a nice hit sitting down, hold it in longer, then stand up.. Well now I can pretty much just do this when i want to, but I LIKE THE FEELING :p so i do it on purpose when I want a different feeling hit =].. i never actually passed out before though

12. Have you ever considered trying a vaporizer or some really potent edibles?

13. DEFINITELY go with the vaporizer! best investment youll make ;)

14. God I want a vaporizer so bad lol I just have nowhere near enough money. If I buy one im getting a volcano cause I'm classy as a motherbitch

15. Couldnt have typed it better myself.

16. lol thanks brahhhh