Grasscity - Cyber Monday Sale - up to 70% Discount

Might have to put my dog down on my birthday

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by beatadrum, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Hey blades, just need to vent some crazy emotions going on inside me right now. I found out yesterday my dog is having some sort of intestinal blockage going on and he's been at the vet and ER for the last 24 hours. He's not himself at all. Tigger is usually jumping up and down running as fast as he can, eating everything in sight (probably how he got into this mess), full of love. Now he can't do anything but lay down and be lethargic. He's only 1 and a half years old and I've had him for 7-8 months. Anyway, I'll find out in the next hour or so if surgery is the route we have to take. If it is, I don't think I can afford the surgery to save him.

To top it all off I put a deposit and a pet deposit down with a new property manager for an apartment that allows dogs, and half an hour ago I get a call saying the owner might not approve my dog since he is a pitbull mix. So basically if my dog makes it I'm screwed a place to live and if not then I have an apartment that I chose because I had a dog.

Happy birthday to me.

2. Pics of my boy...

Attached Files:

3. :( That is rough dude, I'm sorry..

Tell your property manager about the situation maybe he will sympathize with you?

Happpyy Birthday!

4. I'm sorry about your dog :(

Happy birthday :)

5. Best of luck with him. I hope everything is alright. He looks like an awesome dog

6. dude that's one of the saddest stories i have read on here while...

hope everything works out for you

7. Sorry to hear about your Bud. Hope he does an amazing turnaround.

8. I feel for you man. My first dog died in my arms when i was 16. Had him since i was in first grade. Nothin like a bond between a dude and his dog.

9. Happy birthday dude, things will turn around.

10. Yeah I'd recommend appealing to the guy personally. Any person with a heart will sympathize with you.

I really, really feel for you man :( my dog died because of my mom's ex husband neglecting her.. :( I hope you, and your awesome dog get through this okay :)

11. i really feel for you man ! i would hate my dog to die, and it's not a fate i'd wish upon my worst enemy. I really hope things work out for you man, i really do, but i have a feeling they will. Positive thoughts man ! when everything works out great, remember to tell us !

12. Beautiful dog. I hope he makes it, so sorry to hear about this.

13. D'aww, your dogs adorable. Hope everything turns out alright man..

Happy Birthday btw

14. Your dog is a muthafuckin' G. Hope you guys get through this

Happy Birthday man!!

15. Humans are evil, the fact that you have to pay money to keep an animal from living or dying. What a bunch of fucking monkeys we are :mad: So sorry about your dog dude good luck.

16. I am so sorry to hear that, your dog is in my prayers. Post an add online maybe craigslist, some vets might do it for a low cost, maybe even free. Worth a shot in my opinion.

17. Damn, fuck that shit man.

Can't replace a great dog man.. All that unconditional love..

Sorry to hear that, hope your dog is alright.

18. I'm sorry man:( I love my dogs too

Life goes on though

19. Guys I have to say after all your comments you guys are the best! This is why I posted up.

On truly amazing news, he went from 90% chance of having to be put down this morning to a 80% chance of survival (these all being percentages of the vets own words). I ended up saying fuck it I'll go broke before I loose this dog even though the vet said the surgery could quickly turn south with any complications, and it ended up being worth it! They found a green rubber band in his intestine (fucking Whole Foods putting green rubber bands around everything!) and were able to successfully remove it. He'll be in their care for another 2-3 days.

I still wish I could have spent these last two days with him in this beautiful weather, but it's nothing to lose compared to hopefully another 10+ years.

20. [quote name='"beatadrum"']Guys I have to say after all your comments you guys are the best! This is why I posted up.

On truly amazing news, he went from 90% chance of having to be put down this morning to a 80% chance of survival (these all being percentages of the vets own words). I ended up saying fuck it I'll go broke before I loose this dog even though the vet said the surgery could quickly turn south with any complications, and it ended up being worth it! They found a green rubber band in his intestine (fucking Whole Foods putting green rubber bands around everything!) and were able to successfully remove it. He'll be in their care for another 2-3 days.

I still wish I could have spent these last two days with him in this beautiful weather, but it's nothing to lose compared to hopefully another 10+ years.[/quote]

best news i have heard on GC in a while!