Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Might have been smoking some grit weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Broden, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Hey everyone. New guy here. After I started to read the apprentice toker guide to bud, I thought I'd register because I might have an issue.

I haven't been toking for very long. Maybe 3 odd years. I get my stuff from my old house mate, who gets it from another mate who gets it from another mate etc, so basically I have no idea where it comes from.

I was reading up on grit weed on that page, and it said to test for it, drag a bud along the shiny side of a CD. I did it, because I noticed that this batch I've been smoking has been real harsh. Dunno if grit weed makes it harsh, but I'd be coughing up lungs after hits from the bong.

Anyway, I did the test, and I saw fairly definite scratch marks. It wasn't as if I just grinded a knife along it, but if you hold it to the light correctly you can definitely see them. It's hard to describe. I might upload pics if requested.

But yeah, that's my dilemma. How else can I check to see if it's contaminated? I'd hate to know if it was. Would mean I wouldn't be able to see my dealer anymore.

I've smoked about 3g of it already.

What else is there to do?

Cheers fellas.

2. dunno man, if its real light then I dont see a massive cause for concern, all kinds of shit can get in your bud at various stages, a single grain of sand from the medium it was grown it or the table it was trimmed on coukd cause a scratch, if it was pro grit weed you would be able to feel it and the cd would be proper scratched, no if or buts kind vibe.

The harshness is more than likely due to poorly grown/dried/cured bud more than anything else.

3. Grit weed... is that bud with glass "dust" on it to make it weigh more?

If so, is it even a problem if you're using some sort of water filtration? :confused_2:

4. Your 100% Correct Havok, Had this before, a dealer i did use was getting his weight up doing this, he only did it for a batch before some of his other customers beat the living crap out of his driver and robbed him. (fair play)

If you start to cough up a little bit of blood (the sand/crushed glass can make little cuts in your throat) its usually because the douchebag of a dealer has added crushed glass or sometimes sand to the bag to add weight.

Also i only found the problem when smoking joints, so if your using a device it would be intresting to know :)

5. Sounds like you need to find a solid connect of your own, or trust in the force Luke. :p

Personally I suggest finding a better connect, but if your buying chain goes that deep I can only assume you may not have a choice and that's why you go through it.

6. Lets see some pics man

7. Definitely don't smoke this without water filtration if you're the least bit worried, which you are. Water filters out the glass. So, smoke it out of the bong/bubbler, and change the water often.
    Meanwhile find a new dealer. The only harmful effect if you are filtering this with water would be that you're not getting the right amount of weed.
    Hope you haven't smoked a blunt of this or anything. I would read up on effects of smoking grit weed, and if you read anything familiar I'd be concerned. Don't get paranoid with what you read and placebo effect yourself though man.

8. Sorry guys MIA for a couple days

Pics here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for bad quality.

9. Unfortunately those pics really don't help... If you tap a nugget over a surface do you see things other than thc from falling off?

10. stop buyin from shady people u cant trust....find someone who gets it directly from a grower or someone that you are cool with and can trust....more peope that shit goes through, the more likely some idiot is trying to make extra cash

11. I guess I can trust him. My old housemate buys off him, and they're really close friends. I'm sure he assumes what is sold to me is being smoked by my house mate, so he probably wouldn't jip me.

That said, he might not know about it either.

12. There's your problem.

13. If it is grit weed, do not freak out THAT MUCH. This sounds scary, but ONE TIME in the spring I got some grit weed... it was a rare thing, but I smoked it, and the next day had horrible pains in my lungs. Every time I breathed in, it would feel like a gunshot to my chest.

The doctor told me that there were small holes in the side of my right lung. I got a chest x-ray later that week, and they told me not to worry because they were healing up.

And I have been completely fine ever since. The doctors didn't even know it was from smoking, they say that it's a common lung problem sometimes for holes to appear.

Just be more careful next time, but I experienced it and recovered from it.,

14. I don't think you are supposed to drag a bud across a CD, you are only supposed to drag the kief across it. Sprinkle some kief onto the CD, and lightly push your finger against it and move it around. If it scratches, it's crushed up glass. You can also take a tiny bit, and lightly touch your tongue with it. It will feel gritty if it is really crushed up glass. I would say there is a 1 in a million chance that you got grit weed.

15. #16 percul8r615, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2011
    You buy from some shitty connects homie, sounds like your " mates" think your stupid enough to buy grit weed

16. Got no other choice unfortunately.

17. #18 ryandoe11, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2011
    [quote name='"percul8r615"']You buy from some shitty connects homie, sounds like your " mates" think your stupid enough to buy grit weed[/quote]

Wow sounds like your a real nice guy, bitch.

--Name calling is not allowed here--

18. #19 catlinm, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
    I have alot of exprience with this topic .. way to long of a story ... but Ive had weed that had almost any and everything in it

If your just REALLY fucked up, not really feeling sick..... Higher than you weed can ever take you ... it`s probably just them trying to hook you .... aka ... a white powder drug ... or bunc weed soaked in PCP (not the safest stuff but probably not gonna kill you in a small amount)

Identifying Sprayed Weed, there are MANY kinds of sprayed weed
    can be sprayed with any chemical ... Sugar, Glass,Lead,Sand,Salt,Metal Shavings ......

Normal Weed the ash will burn to a white or a grey ash...falls off nicely ...........this doesnt nessesairly mean there isnt anything wrong with the weed because .... there is fucked up weed ... that will burn this color ... and when you rub the ash between your fingers it will be Black instead of Grey or White.....
    Some Sprayed weed will burn to a black ash ..... Black ash can also mean it wasnt flushed properly .. however if you rub the ash and it doesnt feel like a normal weed ash would .... makes alot of black off when rubbing between fingers .... and or feels wet ... . its bad shit ... BAD SHIT

sometimes you can straight up see the shit in the weed ... sometimes you need a microscope and if you dont know what proper Tricomes look like it will still be hard to say ...... sometimes just tiny bits of microscopic stuff in the weed ....
    as said by numberous people ... you can lightly rub the weed on a CD .....and if it scraches it..but thats inplossible .. maybe its not something sharp in the weed .. maybe its just sprayed with something nasty .... so basically ... the Best thing to do is the Ash test, You should always preform this ash rubbing test to be sure what your smoking ,.... because normal good shit dont burn black and make lots of black when rubbing... or white or grey ash and rub into lots of black . it means theres something not good in there..... ...

Basically this is something you have to deal with on your own ... Going to a doctor or telling your parents ... is a bad idea .. that is unless your parents smoke weed tooo .......
    Trying to explain this to a doctor will probably get you put into a phsyc Ward for a bit......
    Telling your mom, she will probably take you to a doctor ... which will take you down the same road ... i unno maybe your mom is cool tho

OTHERWISE

here are some
    Things you can Do if you`ve smoked Sprayed Weed
    1-... this one will be hard without actually good weed ... cause it hurts Reefer without the help of Reefer ... ... Try to cough out as much of whatever might be in your lung as possible ... spit you feel something come up
    2- Smoke weed you know is safe .... so you can Reef....and cough up
    anything bad that might have ended up in your lungs and spit it out
    5- Smoking just 1 Cigerette MIGHT help .. ive heard people tell me it helps
    3- Grit Weed makes you Dehydrated...so try to drink some water ......
    4- .... Sleep is the most powerful Medicine (the strongest drug in the word.. bealive it not produces in your head as you sleep ... its called DMT) ... if you can sleep after smoking this stuff ... arent having rank breething problems aka.... .... it will probably help.....
    6- I dont know much about harder drugs as I have not done much of them ... and I really wanna condone anything I dont know about .. but I know psylosybin mushrooms is a organic Drug .... im sure eating mushrooms will
    help you get through any pain you are going threw ... just made sure its through someone you can trust .. not the guy who sold you the fucked up weed ... if you scared a of hallusinating .... dont eat the whole eighth(3.5) of mushrooms at once ... half a eighth of mushrooms wont make you hallusinate ... it should give you a marijuana similar High ........ Coke I wouldnt really know ... I didnt have any ritalin to smoke when this happen ... as I wasnt prescribed anymore

What to do with it .... Try to get your money back ... if you cant get it back ... money lost throw it out .....never get from him again .. find a new hook up .... whatever you do .. dont smoke this with any of your friends .... I was suspisous about the stuff I had .... but someone who I knew, loved, and trusted .. told me it was just bunc weed and to smoke it ... and because I loved to smoke people out .. I ended up smoking it with dozens of people ....not knowing it might make them sick ... I thought I was just getting Sick in general .... you`ll end up only being able to get tampered with weed from the people who you smoked it with... and there friends... because word gets around .... .. because ..... you did it to them ... even if it wasnt on purpose... and you only had good intentions on your mind... ... they feel they need to do it back to you.......... Dont make the same mistakes I did please.

19. Hey man old thread but I've smoked so much grit weed I am in a heavy shit hole