Might be dumb but..

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Anthonyajm216, Oct 17, 2014.

1. How would you recommend to clean my one hitter? Have had it about 2 months.. way past due for a clean..

Attached Files:

2. The biggest problem with stoner forums... there are tons of threads that go over how to clean any type of bong bowl pipe what ever. No offense by the way just use some rubbing/isopropyl alcohol let it soak for a day in a plastic zip lock bag and it should be clean as a whistle

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Anything to do besides cleaning it to take the resin smell away?

4. toss in a cap of mouth wash with the rubbing alcohol to help with that

5. Yes. Common sense and logic says to throw it away and get a new one. Or a glass piece.

6. Everyone has an opinion..

7. #7 SkunkWoodz, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2014
    just push a toothpick through it.  is this really a problem worthy of a thread?  a monkey could figure this out, sorry op but really, you're smarter than this

Bonus hint since i've done this hundreds of times, heat it up first, only push the toothpick from mouth end towards bowl end to avoid having to clean the mouthpiece and grab it each time using a tissue so you don't get all grimy, use a small pocket knife to scrape the bowl walls, should be pretty dang clean after this

8. what? no, dont do what this guy recommends. you could get it cleaner by wiping it off with a pair of old gym socks then doing that.

iso / rubbing alcohol and a little salt {enough to make the liquid abrasive}, then let it sit for over night. if you use a zip lock baggie you can move the piece around and get every nook and hidden spot clean. then when it is all clean, wash it off in water and dry it with a towel {who wants water spots}. i love smoking out of clean glass. the only thing i choose to smoke out of if clean glass {relatively speaking that is} and if it isn't available, i twist up a spleef.

if you are dumb enough to jam paper towels, cleanex or TP in the goopy, resin infested piece, it will just get all stuck in there and turn nasty. i have used pipe cleaners in the past, however, nothing cleans like alcohol and salt, nothing :metal:

9. Is it made out of metal ? Throw it in a pot of boiling water. Cleans it like new.

10. Go with either of the 2 posts above me. ISO + Salt should work fine but since it is a metal piece you can also boil it.
    Ignore the toothpick + knife method posted above since that involves sharp objects that can shave metal chunks off your bowl and you are likely to inhale those at some point since they are going to be stuck to leftover resin.

11. buy a hundo pack of pipe cleaners

On something that small is iso and salt necessary?  The hits are always crappy and it gets dirty with 1 hit.  I've been using my mini dugout for 8 years thats just the way I clear it out, no point in really cleaning it unless you're travelling with it or something.  I like toothpicks over the pipe cleaners too because the pipe cleaners usually leave a little fuzz behind you need to burn off.

So OP, do listen to me, I know what I'm talking about.  Don't waste your time with anything else than a toothpick and a tissue.

13. lol

14. if you like nasty smelling, tasting pieces then please do just this. i bet you smoke resin still too? i for one hate that taste. so i soak my pieces in alcohol and retrieve the clean piece by morning. you know all of that crap inside the pipe is carcinogenic amongst other things right? no bueno muchacho!!  :metal: 

15. #15 SkunkWoodz, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014

I don't like nasty tasting pieces, but I do like very convenient pieces while on the go.  So get back to me when you figure out how to keep this little bad boy clean after every 5-10 tokes.  And for the record, yeah, I'm not the most fortunate so when I'm dry I do smoke some resin.  I don't see why you have to have a problem with that.  You going to get on me about smoking tobacco too?
    Most people don't want to wait overnight either

[​IMG]

16. lol cus metal one hitters taste fucking amazing ! Annnd you do realize that you are already putting that carcinogenic crap in your lungs when you smoke right?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Back in the day, I just clamped it in a vice (with a cloth around it to protect the finish. Then found a drill bit slightly larger than each opening and drilled them out. It puts a nice sharp edge on the bowl to cut through that sticky dense bud. But that was me 20 years ago. Vaping all the way these days with terpenes still involved.

18. the same carcinogenic crap that is building up in your piece is far more toxic then anything produced when burning flower. it is the concentration of those deadly things i am talking about. smoking a J or a few bong tokes is a risk i am willing to take when i way it against the benefits. we all do that right?

it is so hard to imply how things are said when posting on a forum. i wasn't trying to dbag you or anything, i was just saying it is a bad idea to smoke from really dirt pieces or smoke resin. honestly, i smoke out of clean pieces because i like the taste of premium bud. all of these amazing strains are available to us today and i for one want everyone to enjoy it to the fullest! :metal:

19. This thread made me lol.  Iso that thing and it will be good as new.  Or toss it and buy a new one, they are like $5.(Almost cheaper then iso)

20. nope, you're a big boy and can make your own well informed decisions. i used to be a smoker and was lucky to break the addiction. as far as smoking resin goes, i have been in your shoes many times myself and went ahead and did it. when you get to be my age anything that can give you a horrible ending like cancer can, will cause you to rethink your life choices. i just hope you don't get cancer like i did before you make the choice. if i happen to hurt someones feelings or even make them hate me, it matters not so long as one person gets the message.

but more then that, i like the taste, smell and flavor of top shelf medicinal marijuana. all of the amazing strains i have tasted and enjoyed only to be topped by the giddy child like feeling i get when a new strain i haven't tried shows up at my door. the best way to enjoy bud of that caliber is with clean glass / vaping. i vape as well but to get the best taste you just have to burn that flower in a glass bong, clean, with just enough flower in the bowl to fill your lungs comfortably. that way every hit is a yummy green one. just my point of view. i respect yours so i hope you respect mine. :metal: