Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mids vs. Dank.....What's the difference?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mofo, May 8, 2009.

1. Ive never smoked anything higher than mids until tonight. Its some purple stuff and me and my friends smoked a few bowls earlier. I really cant tell all that much of a difference. Any input?

2. just because it was purple doesn't mean its dank.

3. #3 Dryice, May 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
    I will say I've never come across anything that was purple that wasn't dank. I suppose it's possible though since purple is, I'm pretty sure, associated with age. Dank is covered in crystals, you can see them glimmering in the light. There's also an extremely pungent smell (if it's truly good shit). I gripped some Afghan Kush earlier in the night... that's some dankity dank. :ey:

4. #4 bigsizzle, May 8, 2009
    thats not even close

5. #5 SovietRed, May 8, 2009
    I've had middies that had purple in it. Many things can contribute to your bud being purple and just because it's purp doesn't mean it's dank. Did it have a strong scent and visible trichs?

What's the point of this post?

6. #6 Dryice, May 8, 2009
    Dumb fuck? Calling me out and not sharing you're all-knowing wisdom just makes you look like a moron. The purple shows up if you harvest late in the flowering stage (age) numb nuts. I've heard low temperature conditions can do it as well, but I've never witnessed that.

7. OSG was saying that people have flushed grape juice through it too in attempts to make it purple. I thought that was funny.

He edited his post.

8. Dank has more THC, in a nutshell..
    If you're talking about how it looks, dank will have alot more trichomes, will smell like god, will usually (depending on how it's dried and cured) be more dense and of course sticky.

9. I don't question OSG, but I've never seen that. Most people's grow-ops I've been around aren't that shady.

10. If you can't tell the difference between dank and mids......then you haven't smoked dank.

11. Purple isn't associated with age. It's just a genetic trait in the case of true purple strains, but 90% of the 'Purple' sold out on the open market has the color induced by witholding water and/or lowering the 'nighttime' temperature to the mid 50's F so the grower can charge more because uninformed customers go 'Ooooh it's Purple! It must be better than that other stuff!'

Purple coloration has nothing to do with potency.

12. theres a great sticky on this actual board that can answer your question here : http://forum.grasscity.com/apprenti...tokers-guide-bud-quality-quantity-pieces.html

As for my own two cents, if you dont open your stash and are immediately overcome with the scent of good weed then you probably aren't smoking true dank.

by Holding your weed up to the light you can see important characteristics of your bud, you can see if its dense, fluffy, or packed. you can also see what it has in the way of hairs and crystals. Although, when you put the fact that the OP has only been smoking for a short time into the mix, its likely to say that you just havent been smoking long enough to really understand and appreciate the high that you're getting from both the mids and the dank. Just give it some time, toke some more, and see if you cant tell the difference between the two a month from now :p