@midnight

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by travilanche, Oct 29, 2014.

1. I love @midnight on comedy central. It is my favorite show on TV and I haven't missed a single episode since it started last year. My favorite guest has to be Ron Funches. That dude is fucking hilarious.

Who else watches this show and who is your favorite character?

2. I've watched a few episodes, maybe i just don't get it, i don't find anything funny.

3. I suppose it's not for everyone. And just like any other nightly comedy show, not every episode can be good. But I would say most are good and some are hilarious.

Tonight for example was an all Broken Lizard panel. It was a pretty good episode.

Next week is all New York comics. Especially looking forward to Thursday night with Jim Norton, Artie Lange and Kurt Metzger.

4. hm well ill check out more episodes.  

5. You can watch some of them from the Comedy Central website. Or on Hulu. Just find one that has people you like on it. You might enjoy it.

6. Tonight should be a good one. Jim Norton, Artie Lange, and Kurt Metzger! Been looking forward to this one for a couple weeks.

7. I've seen a few episodes, and it's literally 3 not very famous people laughing at how funny they are. The whole thing is pretentious to me. 

8. You are obviously not into stand up then if that's what the show is to you. Most of the guests are pretty famous standup comedians.

I'm actually am a huge stand up addict. Going through their episode list, I realize you are correct. Most of these people are pretty famous and well known comics. I guess the 3 or 4 episodes I've seen just happened to not have people I know on them. The episodes I did see did nothing for me though. Maybe if I watch one with stand ups I like, I'll be more open to the concept. 

10. Yeah they are definitely not all hits. But when you do 4 shows a week that's just how it is gonna be. There are some comedians that are definitely better at this than others. My favorites include:

Ron Funches, Doug Benson, Nikki Glaser, Steve Agee, Mike Lawrence, tom Lennon, jen Kirkman, Moshe Kasher, Grace Helbig, Pete Holmes, Rich Fulcher, Jim Jeffries...and others of course. But those people are always good.

You can always check out upcoming guests for the coming weeks from cc.com to see who is gonna be on that you like.

11. #11 travilanche, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    Thursday night was great! It was a Reno 911 special with Dangle, Weigel, and Travis Jr. all in character. You can watch it at www.cc.com if you are interested.

12. #12 Bavles, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
    i have watched quite few episodes since you corrected me on what it was, it's pretty good at times but it's still hit or miss for me. The Broken Lizard one was great.

13. Yeah that one was great. Tonight should be good. Keegan Michael key, Paul Scheer, and Rob Huebel.

14. So tonight was a rerun, but it was an epic one. Steve Agee, Ron Funches, and TJ Miller. It was the 4/20 episode. If you haven't watched it yet, check it out at www.cc.com.

15. Tonight should be a good one. Jim Norton, Artie Lange, and Kurt Metzger! Been looking forward to this one for a couple weeks.\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t