Mid-Flower Issues

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by mooninite, Jul 13, 2020.

1. #1 mooninite, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Hey guys,

I am 4 weeks into flowering on some ghost train haze and I started getting these spots on my leaves. I keeps ph at 6.0 with no swings and use the heads formula with no changes. My run off is within 400 PPM of the feeding solution so I wouldn’t think nutrient lock out would be an issue. Has anyone in the community run into this yet?

Plants Currently growing
    (1) Ghost Train Haze

Grow Setup:
    3x3 Vivosun grow tent
    x2 300W ViparSpectre LED lights.
    x1 VivoSun exhaust kit with carbon filter
    x1 5 Gal plastic pot with Coco Coir with 40% perlite mix.
    x1 Humidifier tied to a humidity sensor.
    x1 30oz Dehumidifier tied to a humidity sensor.
    Environment
    Temperature: 70°f-75°f
    Relative Humility: 55-65%

Feeding nutrients and schedule
    Heads Formula (6ml of Flora Micro and 9ml of Flora Bloom with 2ml of CalMag which comes out to 850PPM which produces run off at 1050-1100ppm), I buffer PH to 6.0 but sometimes swings to 6.1. I use RO which is around 9PPM.
    I feed/water (5) times a day (high frequency fertigation) with 20% runoff. The first watering is at 6:00 a.m when the plants first wake up then again at 9:30 a.m, 1:00 p.m, 4:30 p.m, and a final feeding at 10:00 p.m (4 hours after lights out).

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. I'm no expert, but those burned tips sure makes me think they want a lower EC/PPM during feeding. Best of luck.

4. Wow! 5 times a day is alot. You can't travel much
    Is your runoff EC allways that high? Sounds to me like you either have salts or certain nutrients building up. Some1 can correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding you should be aiming for same runoff EC or slightly lower, so that you know your plant isn't getting more than it can chew.

Personally I would flush it out and water with a lower EC. 850PPM isnt a whole lot, assuming you are using Hannah scale, but it is still a little more than mine can handle.
    Good luck

5. Yea looks like nute burn on the tips of the leaves I’m not sure about the spots in the middle ... did you spill your feed on em?

6. Everything the blades above me said bro, you runoff should be ideally the same coming out as going in or within 50 ...no more than 100 and I really wouldn’t advise that neither . The 400ppm that you runoff is showing is what hasent been used. 400 is almost half of what your putting in bro... 850 is rippin for not having a Perfect CO2 in Riched environment . Lower the ppm to around 600-650 and run 3 times as much water threw to reset your coco to a much more forgiving number. Good luck bro and remember... less is more ~vape

• Like Like x 1