Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Microwave

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hello--, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Last night I microwaved my last bit of weed cause I had read somewhere it makes it more potent.

I put it in the microwave for 10 seconds 2 times and when it came out it had much more crystal and hit me much stronger, looked like much better weed and used a lot less :)

Apparently the heat from the microwave converts parts of weed that aren't THC to THC which increases its potency. It worked really good and is a good way to make your not so great weed better and is good to save some of your stash.

I only tried this with my powdered weed so I'm not sure if it's effective with nugs but should be.

2. i dont think that was THC crystals. i think that your dealer put crushed up crack on your weed. cuz thats what would cause something crazy like that!

(sorry, it was funny as hell when i typed it, but im reallllyyyyy high so ill be nice)

idk, i dont think the heat would do anyhting but vape the weed.

3. Nah the weed wasn't really crystaly but still was okay when I put it in the microwave it became drier & more light green and crystally

4. When THC is heated its extracted,
    IE: You wasted THC from your bud,

:D Not trying to be mean

5. Yeah... you shouldn't nuke your bud anymore.

6. lmao. lesson well learned! :smoking:

7. Moral of the story buy regs.

Regs+microwave=Dank shit.

8. Lmaoroflmaoroflmaoohsilmao

9. then dank shit+microwave=Super Dank that when you open the microwave door Rainbows pop out

10. lol that was gonna happen anyways when you put your flame to your weed

DERP DERP

[​IMG]

11. Nah I got a much better high. It didn't get rid of the THC because microwaves are not hot enough to get burn the THC and only because it's 10 seconds.

It's the same concept when you preheat your weed before using it for cooking. As it converts plant material that hasn't developed into THC to THC by using the heat. When you smoke it you burn it so you dont get that extra THC...

12. Heat from the microwave will convert THC into the less psychoactive cannabinoids such as CBD....not only that it will dry your ganja out providing a harsher smoke.

Wrong, a microwave gets hot enough to cook a meal, it definitely gets hot enough to convert chemicles.

13. yeaaahh.....when you heat it for cooking, you're extracting/activating the thc since you cant burn it later once it's in the edibles.

you should really stop microwaving your weed, ignorance is not bliss. :rolleyes:

14. dude megaman is laughing at your ass for microwaving weed. the only time you can microwave weed is to dry it if its too wet, even though this is a kinda last resort thing and It really hurts the taste and quality of the bud.

15. I agree with blaze. Heat from the small amount of moisture can act as a catalyst for converting many chemical compounds. Also, when the microwave excites water molecules, as that is all microwaves do (they produce no actual heat like ovens), they will evaporate and you will have lighter dryer bud. grats.

16. ima try it sept im only gunna put a bowl in

17. Lol i remember me and a friend went to this girls house whos dad grew like the dankest weed ever. Well we'd go over ther and shed cut off a bud and we were so impatient so wed try putting it in the microwave and one time the bud just lit on fire in the microwave it was so funny everyones scrambling trying to put it out and im by the edge of the microwave trying to inhale the smoke. Good times :smoking:

18. "Well to sum it up, once the matter is heated to a higher degree its curing process is quickened/ turning other marijuana molecules into the one that gets you high. You can put a piece of shit weed in the microwave for 15 seconds on high, and you will get a more vibrant smelling/crumbly/ higher potency product when it comes out. You will not lose THC because its boiling point is in the high 390's as a microwave can only go in its high 200's.. So the prebaking will make the marijuana a higher potency, even before including it in the firecrackers making the marijuana even MORE potent cause you are cooking it longer releasing and creating new and improved awesomeness. + rep on the guide though I like it"

very old post, not mine but fuond it aruond gc, where i got the idea, and makes sense.. and i did get much higher off less bud, and i could SEE the difference.... so it wont burn and get rid of the THC... it made it more crumbly and vibrant, good for a bowl. i wouldn't microwave a big amount but i just warmed up some of my crumbns from my last pick up

19. so if microwaving your weed makes it more potent why did you say you wouldn't do it to a larger amount of weed?

you don't know what your talking about