Micro Rubbermaid grow questions

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by 4dam4, May 22, 2011.

1. Im growing in a Rubbermaid, i grow with the lid off with 150w hps light hanging above it. plants grown in 1 liter containers with LST. ill have 5-6 in a Rubbermaid. i have some questions...

1. do i need a exhaust fan for the Rubbermaid if i place my fan on top of the box facing down and at a angle?
    2. do i need more light?

I'm also planing on trying one Rubbermaid with the bottom full of soil, same light. i plan to grow SoG. im thinking 8-12 clones strait to flowering when roots are g2g.

3. is this amount of plants realistic?
    4.what kind of problems would come from growing this way in a Rubbermaid?

thanks

2. Your light should be adequate however supplemental CFLs would be nice.

Good plan on plants. You can use small cups (yogurt cups) to grow them in and they will produce single colas around 12-18inches in height, something that might be ideal in your situation.

If your able to have a mother and cloning operation you can throw it into a perpetual where you harvest 5 plants every 2 weeks.

As far as circulation I would create an intake and exhaust because when you use the box it will retain heat within the walls.

3. I definitely second the intake system. I'm doing a stealth rubbermaid right now, and with LEDs and CFLs heat is being an issue. With a setup such as yours, what I might consider would be taking that fan and point it straight UP, and then have one hole on each side of the rubbermaid for a passive intake.

Also, if you can, I'd up the lighting a little bit. While I have no direct experience, I've heard even with HPS it's a good idea to have 100 watts per plant. While I know this doesn't apply directly to microgrows, I agree with Bravo that some supplemental CFLs would help your plants grow to their full potential.