Micro Grow In Gun Safe. (first Grow)(need help)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by refermadness420, Mar 15, 2012.

1. im subbed, looking good so far!

2. #62 refermadness420, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    So i am going to give it some water when i wake up tomorrow. it will be at day 5 above ground anyone have any idea how much water to use. its in a 3gal pot but i dont want to drown it.(i might wait longer to water i heard its good for roots i just dont want to stress my seedling) Also i might be changing the lights here soon to 4 40watt daylight for veg. and for flower i am gonna run two 40watt 2700k and two 40watt daylight that wattage and my 3gal pot size should help us get the max yield out of this little lady. ill post growth pictures in the am.

3. #63 refermadness420, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    Okay so this is the day 5 update i gave her about 4-5cups of water. This was just a guess because im not sure what she needs yet so im just going to play with it till im spot on. I know how to not over water and i know signs of under water so im gonna keep it in the middle. The plant is growing it seems like it is resting from it "first big burst" or growth the second true leaves have formed ridges and have began to grow out. The first set of true leaves is much bigger than the last picture posted i think the plant is growing them trying to get ready for its "second big burst" from what i see in autoflowers the second burst last until it goes into flower so in the next 5days are so it should be growing slowly then "take off" again. i notice some small yellowing spots on the first true leaves. i think that is a small over abundance of nutes building up in the leaves. i am using all organic soil made from cow compost and i have orgainc bone meal as bloom nutes(haven't fed her yet.) but yeah i think the soil its just a little to rich in nutes for the seedling. Or it might be it is to basic with not enough so what should i do. i am hoping these are just her growing pains and she grows right out of it. please if you have any tips on what it could be let me know.

Attached Files:

4. as far as watering id say the best thing is to make sure you have plenty of drainage in your pot. When you water it you should pour water until the water starts to drain out the bottom. Make sure you dont keep watering once you see some runoff because theres more that will be draining out. And make sure to have the water not disturb the soil too much and puddle up before soaking in the soil (I poke holes in a water bottle top and squeeze it lightly)

Once you've watered your baby try to take notice on how heavy she is when watered and that will help you judge when she needs some more. it may seem pretty basic but a lot of people follow this method.

Oh and I wouldnt worry too much about yellowing or anything on the leaves unless it gets pretty bad. Seedlings are pretty fragile at this point and I notice that some of my seedlings that have yellowing on the leaves are fine once the new sets start coming in.

5. thanks landeye! i gave her four cups today so i am gonna wait a few days before doing the run off method. yeah i wasnt to worried i figured she looked pretty good and i know from reading it happens to some seedlings i just wanted to make sure

6. my yellowing is similar, I cant figure out what it is man! looks good though, and yeah for mine started to really blast after the second set fully came in and the roots got well established. When I say blast i mean BLAST.

7. well im pretty sure its just a slight abundance in the small seedling leaves. nothing major to worry about. yours seems to be a bit more harsh i was just looking at your thread. maybe your nute concentration is to high?? idk about chemical nutes im going all orgainc with every grow. yours seems to be growing rapidly!

8. They havent had any nutes yet thats the thing I have them in hydroton clayballs that are suspended in reg tap water. I'm puzzled, hopefully a pro pops in to help me out before its to late. I just dont see how it happened to one and not the other they share a resevoir, it seems strange.

9. But your little gal should explode at about 9 0r 10 days in!

10. well i think yours is going to be fine. let it grow it out a little bit. plus i think it could just be bad genetics you know? some seeds have problems lets hope we didnt get two of those haha

11. damn rights some seeds have problems, i had one stay on the root, had a dead root bound plant at day 3, also have a mutant, first leaves look like wee little braids

12. yeah they cant promise every seed is the best. i am sure if you contacted them about it they might send you another one i am not sure how that would work thought i am sure they would want a picture or something. My next 3 grows are going to be autos as well. nani already bought the seeds the line up is : Auto blue mystic, Pakistan Ryder, Sweet coffee Ryder and i hope the two free seeds will be auto seeds that would make me really happy.

so its day 6 on Hercules it seems as thought it grows by the second. The first leaves are much bigger than they looked yesterday and the second set(smaller new ones) are growing at a very fast rate. Its so fun to watch babies grow up!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      172.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
  13. Yeah thats a high possibility considering this other NL seed i had sprouted and rooted through the cube but wouldnt get leaves

14. well maybe you should email attitude or who ever you bought it from im sure they can help

15. yeah possibly, hopefully she just grows out of her awkward stage

16. I want to be part of thus thread!

17. So its day7 and shes looking really nice! i am glad we took the time to make the set for her just right because she is really thriving in her home!:D There are no new signs of yellowing or and issues to report. We do plan on getting more watts in there at some point. We are going to see what it does to the temps. At the bare min we plan on replacing the two outer bulbs with 40watt 2700k when she starts to flower. We are hoping for nice think heavy buds! here are a few pictures feel free to ask questions or leave your options about the grow

Attached Files:

18. she is lookin good

for denser buds you will def want more wattage, i have read that CFLs dont give very dense buds, everytime i added even just 23W i noticed a massive difference in rate of growth.

my girl has had over 200W of cfl most of her life, but the temps were definately hard to control. i had 50CFMs in a 18cF space(extreme overkill) and temps at canopy were still nearing 100, even in my closet it gets hot

19. yeah i was only planning on having 160watts 2(40watt 6500k. and 2(40watt 2700k) for flower i just dont know what it will do to my temps. i can always add another 4in outtake fan up top behind the lights idk still just thoughts right now. me and nani will figure it out. i know if i have the idea she can make it happen so lets just hope we can figure it out

20. yup, thats what i have done just kept figuring it out.. lol. its the best all of us can do on our first couple grows