Micro Grow In Gun Safe. (first Grow)(need help)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by refermadness420, Mar 15, 2012.

1. looks good man! so exciting when they first pop out haha. 84 should be cool anyways man thats not far off if anything that seedling will like the heat

2. im so pumped that it worked out okay. now i just have to make it grow and flower. here comes the real hard part right

3. This is day 3 above ground. If you look closely you can see the second true leaves coming in. I feel like my sprout is doing extremely well. i have seen many on this website some look the same but alot look more yellow and not as healthy i want to know what you blades think about my 3day old baby

Attached Files:

4. right where she should be!

5. its so exciting to see how much she grows every day. I have a question on smell control. When it does start to flower how bad does it smell is every plant different? i have four carbon filters that are for getting rid of trash smells in garbage cans i put 1 on each outtake fan and two others inside the safe. I read many reviews and form what i read it sucks up odors pretty well so i hope those work? i also have a few plug in air fresheners in the room will this be enough to cover one plant.

6. I need Watering advice i dont want to over water or under water please help!

7. this is a 4in desktop fan im using it to blow the hot air off the plant and also to keep the plant strong.
    does anyone know how much i could get from this plant. the breeder description says 55+ grams is that under hps not cfl?? i just saw a post talking about if you use cfl you will only get one small cola??

Attached Files:

8. im using cfl and i will end up with more than one cola. to avoid underwatering, feel the weight of the container when it is dry, dont let it get too much lighter, its better to underwater slightly so the roots try and seek out the water, i usually let mine wilt slightly before watering

9. Have you ever grown an autoflower

10. no, only bagseed, if its autoflower might be best to set up a regular measured schedule.

11. Any good ideas on the amount? and how often? i am not doing nutes until week 3 i got some organic happy frog bone meal how would i feed this to the plant?

12. no clue,like i said i just read what my girls want, i would think to feed that you could make sort of a tea

13. Mostly it has to do with unstable genetics and a lackluster grower. Just don't take short cuts and you'll be just fine.

No, I don't grow auto flowers. They are a good start for people who are just beginning though.

As for growing,

Just be patient and don't over analyze.
    She looks good so far.

As for nutrients it all depends on what you are using throughout the grow, and how big your plant is so I really can't give advice on that.

I subbed in here :):wave:

14. #54 Bongsauce, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
    subbed :)

I've done a few autos and I prefer to do them under 20/4. With less light they seem to stretch more and yield less.

Did you say what kinda soil you're using? I think you might need something other then the bonemeal...usually bonemeal is just high "P" (something like 0-10-0 = N/P/K). You'll need a fertilizer/nutrient more like 10-10-5 or 2-2-1 for veg. In other words, one with nitrogen, phosphorous and a little potassium. A much better happyfrog powder to use is the happy frog (peace of mind) fruit and flower which is 5-8-4...I use to make organic teas out of it and it worked great. A bag of that stuff would last you a year or 2 I bet. It's a very complete nutrient formula..mean is has the right amount of all the essential nutes your plant will need..as opposed to the bonemeal which only has "P"

I think your lighting is fine for that size of an area...if you need any help with light traps and ventilation and stuff just holler. :)

15. i do need help with light traps as of now i have none and i am moving soon so i need to keep it more stealthy

16. looks great so far mate

17. most people use a pvc elbow or 2 to lightproof vents ..it's important to paint it flat black to reduce any light getting through. You can also make 'scrubninja' style light louvers out of plastic angle pieces..I think I have some pics of the building process in my micro cabs thread if yer interested...they're much more low profile then most light traps but they take a little bit more work to put together.

18. Day 4, looking pretty good I think!

Attached Files:

19. nice looking very healthy. Good luck with your grow!

20. thanks! if all goes well it should keep growing like fire for the next few weeks. Have plans to make it light tight soon but at the moment its just a thought