Micro CFL Box Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smoleboker, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Hi GC, I planned on starting a grass city acount a week or two ago but never did. Finnaly I got around to it. I want to share with you my Indoor Micro CFL grow and hopefully get some helpful information towards growing my girl strong and beautiful.

My girl is now 11 days into veg and I have been running a 24/0 light schedule which seems to be doing fairly well.

Nutrients:  None
    Lights:  3x 2700k CFL bulbs, 14w each 
    Soil:  Sphagnum peat moss
    Water:  Tap water, not PH'ed (Due to lack of pH meter)
    Strain:  Not sure, bagseed
    Container:  1.5 gallon bucket w/ no holes drilled for excess water
    Temps in Grow Box:  83-89f

My girl 11 days in.

View attachment 1256498

Can anyone give me any advice from looking at the picture? I see yellow on the leaves an the leaves seem to curl over like basil leaves.. Help much appreciated

Considering I waited way too long to get a grass city acount and get on here and start my journal, I have a lot of questions.

1. What is the optimum distance between plant and CFL bulbs? 
    2. Can a plant make it all the way to flowering without any added nutrients?
    3. Does my soil need perlite for better drainage or should I drill holes in bottom of bucket?
    4. Why does my plant appear to have a lighter green color rather than a rich dark green color?
    5. Lastly, How do I know how much water to add to my pot? Should the soil be soaked or damp and when do I know to water again?

Sorry If that was all a lot, I'm new to this forum stuff. I will be keeping this updated as best as possible. Thanks GC!

2. hey, can't see the photo so i cant say much... but to answer some questions

1. anywhere from 1 inch to 6 inches is a good growing distance but try to keep it as close as possible all the time.

2. yes i'm doing 100% water too the plant will grow but not as fast with nutrients, nothing to worry about just more grow time.

3. nope, i have pure topsoil and roots have grown very well, make sure your water schedule and amount is correct for good root growth.

4. my guess, the 2700k bulbs that can stretch your plants, i have lighter green plants too it could be strain, lack of a certain nutrient. don't worry about it as long as the leaves are growing, look healthy and are green. if they start turning yellow just let it be till it falls off.

5. i just transplanted my 2 plants into an 8 gallon pot so i don't have a set water amount but I've looked it up and saw 1:3 water/gallon ratio works pretty well so i'd say half a gallon or around 2 liters would be good for you. as for when to water, pick up the pot when you first water it and wait until the top feels dry, when you notice a change in the weight then water it. or you could try every 3 days for a week then every 4 days, then stay at every 5 days. really whatever works the best stick with that and never over water.

that's all i can say, good luck on your grow!