Mick's Mainlined Hempy

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by MickFoster, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Word. I’m planning on doing a couple of 8 tops in those squat pots you showed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Update:
    3 weeks of 12/12. I did my last major defoliation. I still only have to feed every other day with one gallon of nute solution. That's a hell of a lot less than when I was doing multiple feeds a day with coco. :thumbsup:
    3 weeks of flower.JPG
    I didn't have the heart to remove healthy lateral branches that made it to the top, so the plants have more than 8 colas. I had to raise the back two about 4 inches so all the plants are the same height - the other 3 are outstretching them.

I built these to raise my buckets. The 4 verticals are not glued so I can disassemble and replace with taller or shorter ones depending on the height I need. They work great. I love PVC. Haha.
    IMG_1508.JPG
    Things are going smooth - I like the FloraNova Bloom and I definitely love hempys. Nothing simpler.

• Like Like x 8
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Awesome mick!! Going to be a big beautiful harvest for sure!!

4. Are those 3 or 5 gallons Mick?

5. 3-1/2's. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks brother. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Update:
    4 weeks of flower.
    Hopefully they have stopped stretching and producing leaves. I have had to super crop a couple of the colas because they were outgrowing the other ones. I'll have to do one more defoliation I think.

I have started to feed daily because they were drinking more than a gallon every two days. Other than that, no changes. I see no need to do weekly updates anymore unless there is some major change, which I don't anticipate any. I'll be stopping the Liquid KoolBloom in a couple of weeks and starting the dry KoolBloom.
    4 weeks of flower.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  8. Looking good mick!!

9. Thanks man.

10. I’m so glad your thread is here for me to follow. Hempys has been the best choice
    I’ve made so far in regards to medium. So damn easy. I just got some coco ordered nd I’m following your KISS my next photoperiod run.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Looking forward to seing this PPP mick some of photos ive seen of it are very impressive great work BTW like always :D

12. :thankyou:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Is it not wise to use hydrogaurd right off the gate with my Hempy seedlings??

Got 10 hempys going, 9-2gal and 1-1gal all smart pots :) 1.5” Res

75/25 perlite to vermiculite

Silica blast hydrogaurd and CaMa+ and Megacrop 2.0

Any advice?

I feel like my seedlings got a rough start under the ambient light from my QB96’s :/

As of yesterday they were moved to the new T5 closet.

Really need this run to go well, not popping any more seeds after this so I’d love for them all to survive.

Not rly sure what to do w hempys

I’ve been squirting light nute water around them in a circle for the past 2 days. Growth seems very slow. Their 3-4 days above ground :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sry there’s other stuff mixed in there.

Doing a 17 plant run in the 4x4 under quantum Boards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm not sure how doing a hempy with smart pots is going to work - I have never used them. Hempys call for plastic buckets.

I had some difficulties at the beginning of this grow trying different nutes and hydroguard. My difficulties weren't because of the nutes or the hydroguard, but I still decided to use what has always worked for me - FloraNova and SM90. I bought the hydroguard because someone on here told me the SM90 was discontinued.

Your sprouts are fine for 3-4 days. Just feed them light nutes by watering around the sprout several times a day. It will take a week or two for the roots to reach the res. Good luck.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Thx friend :)

I’m actually doing the smart pot Hempys based off @Soil2Coco design, he’s got 6 Deez Nugs hempys That are doing FANTASTIC! Think Hempy + Air pruning benefits :)

I’ve still got res’s for each plant :) just will have to upgrade them down the rd for more depth

So far so good!!

Were you the guy I heard about that put hydroton on the bottoms of your hempys And ended up with PH issues? Asking because I lined the bottoms of mine with hydroton too :/

[​IMG]

16. Yes I'm the guy, but I don't think the hydroton was the issue. Good luck with your grow.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Oh, well that’s good news to hear :)

Your thread was very helpful, excellent read friend. A buddy of mine pointed me over here when I first started these up

• Like Like x 2
  18. Update:
    6 weeks since the 12/12 flip.
    I ran out of FloraNova Bloom so I switched to MaxiBloom because I still have some left from last grow. I'm following the GH feeding chart for drain to waste.
    3/4 tsp MaxiBloom
    2ml Koolbloom liquid
    1ml silica blast
    2ml sm90.
    I'll be switching to Dry KoolBloom sometime this week.

My observations on the various plants.
    The Blue Dreams stretched more and have a much fatter main stem and sturdier stems than the PPP. They are more susceptible to nute burn - I have some minor leaf tip burn on both plants. They also have less leaves in the buds than the PPP- which I prefer. I don't like leafy buds.

The PPP plants have weaker stems - I have to put in some plant stakes today to hold up the heavy colas. The older plant (4weeks older) started to mature faster than the other 4 and it has hermied. I haven't seen any nanners but I do see some seeds forming. All of the PPP's have many orange hairs, and the Blue Dream's are just starting to orange up. I anticipate an early harvest with the PPP's.
    6 weeks of flower..JPG

• Like Like x 5