Mick's Mainlined Hempy

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by MickFoster, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Man those look really good @MickFoster!! I’m about to let my two hempys drain in the next hour or two and then I’ve got two bubble Gums that just popped above the rapid rooters!! #Stoked

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. I went radical this morning with defoliation. :)
    IMG_1502.JPG
    IMG_1501.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. You know they’ll be just as bushy as they were again in two weeks. Nice job!! I love it when people show the pile. It makes those that don’t beleive in defoliation cringe

4. Yes, I know that. I just wanted to spread the tops out a little more before I go vertical. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. I know you knew that, was just a compliment to you.
    Will you defoliate again after the stretch?

6. I will defoliate and trim as needed to create my 8 colas and not a bush. If I go vertical from here, how long do you think it will be before I should flip?

7. Let them turn up and then give them the flip. Are they stretchers?

8. Not sure if they're stretchers. I was thinking another week of vertical and then flip. What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Here's my mainline timeline, hope it helps. 19 Dec set up training ring as my hight goal. 22 Dec most tops at or near ring, final strip before flip. 24 Dec she's recovered. I flipped to 12/12 on the 26th of Dec.

As of today, my tallest main is 15" above the ring. Unfortunatly, I didn't do a very good job of keeping my tops even. They've broken themselves into 3 hight groups. 2@15" 4@12" and 4@10". I'm not sure how much longer she'll stretch.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks a lot for the info JXA. I like the training ring. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. So I know this may be a stupid question but what are the pros to main lining vs just LST or tying down branches?

13. Mainlining is even plumbing so buds should be qmequally sized throughout

14. So essentially this can increase consistency on yields?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Not a stupid question. I think all methods of training have advantages and disadvantages. I had never done mainlining before so I thought I'd try it. I may or may not do it again but I will always LST and never go au natural.

16. The idea behind a "mainline" manifold is that each arm is at an equal distance/node. So traditionally you grow one main cola with a bunch of smaller secondaries, or with LST/SCROG creating a "more" even distribution of growth between the tops. With a mainline you creat 4, 8 16, etc main colas with little to no side branching. Each of your arms has a "main line" directly to the roots.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Not necessarily. The idea is that the 8 or 16 colas will grow the same and be the same size because of the symmetrical topping. All of the tops are exactly the same distance from the main stem which in theory means they will grow the same.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks :) it's one of the rings from an old tomato cage I had sitting around. I just used a set of bolt cutters to nip it into three separate rings.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Not sure what I did on the earlier post, actually had some input, if you long press it you can see what I said, I was on the pc at work, lol

20. For those defoliation naysayers. :)

Defoliation
    after.JPG

5 days later.
    5 days after defoliation.JPG

• Like Like x 5