Mick's Mainlined Hempy

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by MickFoster, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Nicely done. Should I be defoliating all leaves under growth tips? Mine are pretty bushy indicas.

Are you going for 16 tops or staying with 8?

2. Thanks man. According to the Nugbuckets' mainling tutorial - all the growth beneath the node that you topped should be removed - even the leaves attached to the node you topped - the only thing left should be just your new grow tip. If the new tip has very small leaves, you can leave the two leaves temporarily until the tips grow a bit. Hope that makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks man. Looks like I have some leaves to clean up

• Like Like x 3
  4. Here's a pic from the tutorial.
    radical-main-lining-sm.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Update:
    The 2 Blue Dreams are growing slightly faster than the PPP. All the plants are healthy - the older one has bounced back from the last topping and growing well. I don't know how I'm going to suppress it until the other ones catch up - I guess I'll just keep tying it down and keeping it low.
    IMG_1489.JPG

I topped the two Blue Dreams and will probably top the two PPP's in a couple days. The smaller plants are 20 days old.
    Before -
    IMG_1490.JPG

After - I topped at the 4th node, removed all the growth below and temporarily left the attached two leaves until the new tops are established.
    IMG_1492.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  6. @MickFoster
    I’m on the perlite blue Dream Express
    Just need some gravel. Yes you CAN see them exploding once the roots hit that reservoir!! GOOD MORNING

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. [​IMG]
    Then and now 3rd day[​IMG]
    You were correct. Why use dirt, it’s so dirty. White is nice!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. You’ll never use dirt again now man. Next up, DWC buckets?

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've never grown in soil, but this method beats the crap out of coco in my opinion. The growth is just as fast, I only have to feed every other day instead of multiple times a day, and no fungus gnats. Nothing is simpler. Unless I get really bored growing this way - I'll never go back to coco. :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Every other day?

11. Once they reach a certain size or always just once a day. Doesn’t the top layer need feeding after say 6 hrs
    My pot of Perl when I first watered it needed to be watered again after 12 hours.

12. I better hurry
    Old laughing seriously
    Just smoked a bowl of BDA. Darn I’m focused[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yes. You feed daily until the roots reach the res (I like 2 weeks), then you only feed every other day. That would be according to Hempy himself.

It doesn't matter if the top layer is dry as long as the roots reach the res. I ran hempys about 10 years ago using that method and never had a problem - don't know why I quit really.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thanks just waiting for ignition
    Can’t wait to watch her when she hits the res

• Like Like x 1
  15. #75 MickFoster, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Update -
    The youngest ones are 23 days from sprout. The two new tops are big enough to be on their own, so I removed the attached large leaves. I also added the hydro halos and tied down the new tops.

The older one is looking pretty good as well I think. I'm very happy with the FloraNova Grow so far.
    12-19-18.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  16. [​IMG]
    And we have lift off
    Hey brother hemp[​IMG]
    Yawing maxi bloom all the way
    Top feed every 6-7hrs for maybe 2 weeks then not so often

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm trying my best to delay this plant the best I can. I just cut off another set of leaves and grow tips which of course lengthened the branch - they're at the edge of the bucket now - I may have to start circling. It's kind of interesting though - it shows the abuse these plants can take and still be healthy and happy. :)
    IMG_1496.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  18. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. Update:
    The 4 newer ones are 4 weeks from sprout today. I topped the second time at the first node. I will top the 3rd time at the 3rd node of the 4 new grow tips and remove the growth below. That should be about another week or so. I have been feeding 3ml FloraNova Grow per gallon every other day. All the plants are very healthy and growing very fast - love that FloraNova Grow.
    4 weeks 2nd top.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  20. Update:
    Not much has happened since last week. The smaller ones are 5 weeks from sprout and the larger one is 4 weeks older. I wish all the plants were the same age - it's getting more and more difficult to tie down the older plant. I'm waiting for the 3rd node on the 4 grow tips so I can do my last and 3rd top that will give me my 8. The mainline technique will probably add an additional 2 weeks to my normal veg time. Time will tell if it's worth the extra time.

I don't know exactly when to switch to flower. I was hoping someone more familiar with mainlining could help me with that. Also, when I end up with my 8 tops, do I cut off potential lateral branches to prevent the colas from getting too bushy? If I don't, I feel it will defeat the 8 main cola technique. Perhaps someone can help with that as well.

I couldn't be happier :) with the hempy buckets - this is the easiest grow method I have ever done - it would be perfect for beginners. I feed one gallon every other day and the pH coming out is always spot on - growth is very fast. No problems with the FloraNova Grow either - 4ml in tap water and the plants are perfect.

Tap water
    4ml FloraNova Grow
    1ml Silica Blast
    2ml SM90
    5 weeks.JPG

• Like Like x 3