Mick's Mainlined Hempy

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by MickFoster, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Sorry to hear that brother. I hope mine goes well - I only plan on 8 colas per plant. My goal is to have the 8 colas follow the edge of the pot like a pinwheel - we'll see. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mick (and others),
    Look into CannaMax Potassium Silicate; it is very concentrate and has a syrup consistency. I use about 1/4 dilution and fill up the Silica Blast bottle. It will last me a very long time and cost me $10. Much more ... economical.

• Like Like x 3
  3. :thankyou:

• Like Like x 2
  4. I just did my second top. Cut it at the 3rd node and removed all of the growth below it. Looks healthy.
    2nd Top.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  5. I'm always amazed at the fast growth of these plants even within days of topping - no slowdown at all. This is a pic 3 days after the pic above - the four new tops are growing fast. In a couple days I'll remove those 4 large leaves. :)
    2nd Top -1.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  6. Subbed I’m going hempy for my next experiment. This just makes the most sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  7. Update: The 4 smaller ones are 2 weeks from sprout and the larger one is 6 weeks from sprout. Growth is really good for planting direct into the large pot and the plants are healthy. I've been feeding the four newest ones a gallon a day. That, and combined with growing in perlite - they are getting plenty of fresh nutes and fresh oxygen to the roots.
    2ml FloraNova Grow
    2ml SM90
    1ml Silica Blast
    New Batch 12-10 Fourteen day and 6 weeks.JPG

This is the 6 week old plant. I just topped the 4 tops at the first node for a total of 8 main colas. I left the large leaves on temporarily until the new tops grow a bit - probably about 3 days or so. My feeding schedule is 1 gallon every other day.
    4ml FloraNova Grow
    2ml SM90
    1ml Silica Blast
    3rd Top.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  8. My 8 potential colas are coming along nicely. I removed four of the large leaves and left four until the new tops grow a bit more. Based on their growth so far that will only be a couple days.
    IMG_1487.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  9. Beautiful buddy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thanks brother. I just wish all 5 plants were at this stage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. My Zookies is at just about the same stage. Looking great man!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Can’t wait to get my hempies going. I’m taking clones from some GSC tonight and when they show roots straight into the 3gallon hempies.

Will lucas formula work for hempies?

• Like Like x 2
  13. I don’t see why it wouldn’t

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Like S2C said - no reason why not. I'm off the lucas thing for now - the FloraNova Grow and Bloom is growing some healthy plants and it's a lot simpler.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. I’m going to go back and read your journal again. If there’s an easier way I’d rather do that!

• Like Like x 1
  16. I've got a few journals - two with MaxiBloom, one with Flora series lucas, and this one with FloraNova Grow and Bloom. FloraNova is not the cheapest but it's the easiest and the results so far are great.

17. Can you link me to the flora lucas journal please.

18. Subbed. Doing dwc mainline now. Hempy sounds interesting though

• Like Like x 2
  19. I don't know how to do links but if you go to my profile and click on grow journals - it's Mick's T5 Auto Hempy. Basically you want to use a 1:2 Micro/Bloom ratio - I have never used the suggested Lucas formula strength of 8ml Micro and 16ml Bloom. Hope that helps. :)

20. The next step completed. My 8 mains are lst'd and all remaining leaves removed. It would have been more symmetrical but in order to delay things so the other plants could catch up, my first top was at the 5th node instead of the 3rd, and my second top was at the 3rd node instead of the 1st. That elongated the center of the plant. Still looks good though I think.
    IMG_1488.JPG

• Like Like x 3