Mick's Coco - K.I.S.S. - Scrog Method

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by MickFoster, Apr 24, 2017.

1. So your putting over 600 W for 2 plants??

2. Yeah doing a Scrog and they are 4 weeks into flower and look amazing better every day

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Very nice I did this my first 7 plants then last one I did I put directly into my pot with coco and in just over 3 days ground was broke

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah I've had success with it in the past but I've also had a lot that didn't crack.
    I soak them and I also have a clever little trick with a match box to make the shell a bit softer lol.

SOUR DIESEL AND STRENGTH HAZE before the gg4 crosses start to go in.
    SOUR DEISEL, STRAWBERRY HAZE first run to test before the gorilla glue #4 go in!

5. It's @MickFoster's birthday. Happy birthday, Mick! We all appreciate your wisdom.

• Like Like x 4
  6. #87 MickFoster, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    Thank you April. Please don't ask how old I am. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Awesome awesome awesome! I couldn't make my mind up of how I wanted to start my grow...this just did so I thank you for posting this and explaining everything so good. I do have a few questions.... Are you saying you put the seed in the rapid rooter and then place the rapid rooter directly into the 1 liter air pot with the 50/50 mix or no? Start it in a smaller container? I was just in about every hydroponics store in my area and I bought the MB, sm 90, silica blast, ph up and down kit with the same test kit you have in the picture and a thermometer/humidity digital reader. I was looking at the coco coir in every store and they are all so different, solid blocks, coco chip blocks, and about a dozen different bagged coco, one that caught my eye said neutralized ph, less salt, cal mag added and all this other stuff, I just don't know what one to get haha all the bags look so animated and crazy. I'm going to buy the same light you have, hopefully 2 if I can swing it. Again thanks for this post!

8. Thanks for the compliment.
    Yes.
    They are quite expensive - there are a lot of good options out there. Good luck. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. Mills DNA with cork is absolutely fabulous and doesn't require perlite I just use 1l in each becausenive got nags of the stuff lying around lol

SOUR DIESEL AND GHOST TRAIN HAZE before the gg4 crosses start to go in.
    SOUR DEISEL, STRAWBERRY HAZE first run to test before the gorilla glue #4 go in!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Am i the only one curious here? Lol whats up with the matchbox

Your friendly neighborhood 187budz

400w hid 5G DWC coco Berry Bomb first indoor grow

11. What ya mean bro? Lol
    I use it to scarify the shell off the seed makes it easier for an to break out I am just a tight bastards and didn't want to buy one when a match box is 18pence lol

SOUR DIESEL AND GHOST TRAIN HAZE before the gg4 crosses start to go in.

12. Hey Mick!
    Thanks for these very nice thoughts about coco! This thread is a real blankfiller!
    I have this one to ask; do you test the ph of your runoff? If so, how? Do you use the drop kit? I also use drops for testing ph, but the runoff is usually too discolored for that. Or is it still possible to test this way? Newbie alert! :wave:
    Thanks,
    K

13. why are you in the kitchen? wheres your wife?.... get your life together bro

• Like Like x 1
  14. I test the pH of the run off maybe once a week and even though there is slight discoloration in the run off - the drops still work fine for me. Thanks for your interest and good luck with your grows. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thank you, i will take a good look at it then. Happy growing to you! :smoke:

16. Yeah I have same problem?.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

17. Which is more important to monitor on PH? PH level going in or PH level coming out? I get my PH to 6.0 going in but it pretty consistently comes out at run off at about 6.5 to 6.7. One thing I have found is I usually mix my nutes 5 gal at a time. When I mix them to PH 6.0 today then test the PH of that same batch a couple days later it goes back up to about 6.5.... 6.5 is what the PH level is that comes out of my faucet

• Like Like x 1