Mick's Coco - K.I.S.S. - Scrog Method

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by MickFoster, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Didn’t realize you had added other supplements into your regimen. I didn’t read the whole thread...just your initial explanation. I’ll just follow your initial recommendations and assume that will give me the results I want since it worked for you in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I've always used silica, but another grower on here convinced me to try the KoolBloom and I like it.
    You can certainly have a very successful grow without it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. How’s it going mick, hope all is well. Just a quick report on that super moist product. I really like it a lot. It really saturates the coco really well, been seeing exceptional growth early on and leaves a very present smell actually. Lemon smelling kinda. It’s super concentrate , 0.5 ml a gal max . Gos a long way aside from the shitty bottles that leak when ya shake them up. I usually put a piece of saran wrap over it before I screw the cap on to Prevent that. Anyway be safe bud ~ vape

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi Mick, I’m on my second, (more prepared) attempt and had a couple quick questions:

My Plants are 2 weeks from sprout in the 1 ltr. Air pots, and working on their 5th leaf set right above the 4th node. This is where im planning to top. My question is, should I top and let recover in the small pot, or transplant ASAP and top after they recover from that? It looks like you transplanted right at 2 weeks from sprout

second question is regarding the scrog. I seem to remember reading on another thread that you ditched the screen and just Topped and LST’d in a scrog fashion. Is the screen worth it?

I’m in a 4x4 tent now so no crazy height restrictions that would make it a necessity.

Thank you!

5. Personally I would transplant first, then top......but that's just me.

I don't use a scrog net anymore.......I prefer topping and lst because it achieves the same goal and you can move your plants around if needed.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
  6. I basically use this same type of system but have the feeding automated. I have a 10 x 11 flower room with 10 plants with 2 rez's - one for nutes and one for water. I feed 2x a day during lights on and water 1x every 24 hours to rinse salts. All drain back to a large tote with a float switch that pumps to drain. Essentially it's the same process. I've been running this for about 4 years and love the ease of it all.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hey Mick, great info. Need clarification on one thing. You like using ph drops. But almost all the ferts offered now a days contain dye, including Maxi Bloom. Doesn't that throw off your readings?

8. Thanks.

The little amount of liquid in the vial is not enough to affect the color. I've even used FloraNova, which looks like mud, and had no problem.

• Like Like x 1