Mick's Coco - K.I.S.S. - Scrog Method

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by MickFoster, Apr 24, 2017.

1. They can take the bloom nutes alot better then strong nitrogen. Lol 20200302_084052.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Hey mick, hope alls well. I’m in the proses of setting up my 5x5x6 grow area and wanted to ask you a few questions if you don’t mind. In your thread you said you have your airpots in a tray that drains into a collection container . My question is how high off the floor of your tent is you tray that drains into your collection container ?if at all. The reason I ask is I have never did the scrog technique and would love to raise my plants off the floor a bit to hopefully get in there to prune, and tuck. Being such a wide area its going to be difficult to reach the plants in the back once the screen is on. I would imagine even the 4x4 screen you use has to be a pain in the ass too no? How are you dealing with that issue? Or does the sides of your tent zip up?. I started to build a stand alone net 2’x2’ so I could pull that one plant out to get to the ones in the back that would be under a stationary net ( shaped in an “L” that would complete the full 5x5sq . I Was only going to have 4 plants to have more space to work . Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks bud

3. correction **** the pull out screen is2.5x2.5 ‘ to complete the 5’ screen. What’s the over all hight of you plants when finished with a 5 week veg and scrog?

4. I built an incline platform out of pvc and a piece of plywood......it's high enough so a plastic one gallon milk container fits under the drain. You don't raise the pots.......they sit in the elevated drain table.......it won't give you more room to work under the net. My tent opens on three sides so I have access.

Working a scrog in a 5x5 tent will be a challenge unless you have really long arms. I prefer doing lst instead of a scrog.

Hope that helps.

5. Thanksman , that’s what I did in dwc , lots of lst. I Really like the idea of the net that’s for sure though.What I was trying to say in so many words was how how high off the tent floor is your tray the pots sit on. You answered it though when you told me you collection container was 1gal milk container. About 10 inches I’m going to build a mock up of the L shaped scrog net with a individual 2.5x2.5 scrog pull out section to see how it works out . In theory .. my arms should grow lol. What’s the over all height of your plants when finished . I know it’s strain specific but just an over all idea .

6. Hi all, I'm so grateful to Mick for this thread. I live in MA and weed was recently legalized so I decided to buy a 4'x4'x80" tent. I'm going to try to follow Mick's plan with Pineapple Kush, although I've already made a few mistakes. I think I waited too long to top them this past Saturday which ended the third week of veg. I'm starting to think I should be LST'ing those two new tops by now but they've just started growing. I may be a week or two longer in veg than the 5 week plan. I'm learning! Today begins the 4th week from sprout.

As I said I'm trying to follow Mick's directions to the T so I built a platform of PVC with a piece of plywood on top for the Botanica 3X3 drain pan. I installed a 3/4 inch drain bulkhead and ball valve to drain the run-off thinking a smaller one would get clogged up with Perlite. And I also installed a bucket spigot in a 5 gallon pail that I use to mix 4 gallons at a time using MB, Silica Blast and Hydroguard.

Because my tent is in a cellar with a kitty litter box about 20' away, I'm scrubbing the intake with charcoal hooked up to a 6" 340 CFM IPowerfan. My exhaust fan is a 6" Infinity, I forget what the CFM is but I think it's higher than the IPower. Temp and humidity are issues and no matter what I do, I can't get the humidity above 35. I bought a cheap table mister and hung wet towels but it didn't seem to help. I also jerry rigged a small ceramic heater and a 5 gallon pail to pipe heat in, instead of placing the heater in the tent blowing directly on the plants. I'm also using cheap Amazon LED's, I'll start saving now for some good lights.

Thanks again Mick and everyone else who's contributed. I've learned a lot! I'll keep posting pics and filling you in on my progress, they're growing fast now.
    Ralph

Attached Files:

7. It sounds like you have it together brother.
    Good luck with your grow. :thumbsup:

When I lived in Beverly, MA I grew one plant in a closet with a waterfarm and yielded about 12 oz. off that one plant.

8. Mick, thanks for the encouragement. Twelve ounces from one plant, that's incredible. If I can get a couple/three off each, I'll be thrilled. When you mentioned growing up, I couldn't help remember that Acapulco Gold we smoked back then in the early 70's. I grew up in Marlboro.

Anyway, I can't believe how fast these things are growing. I topped them 3 days ago.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. What up mick , hope alls well . Was checking out the NextLight mega that yo have and i must say it looks extremely impressive compared to my older led . Thinking of pulling the trigger on it . I have a question for ya... I know you told me that you don’t have a dimmer on yours and that when you put them into flower under you NextLight you set the light 3’ above your canopy to get them use to the intense light going from your t-5 vegging lamp. Once they adjust to it , how far off the canopy have you found to be ideal 20” or so? Thinking of getting the dimmable option. Thanks bud

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I’m growing in a 5x5x6 so head room is limited . Depending how thin the light is i probably have 5,5 foot over all vertical height

11. The company says 12", but I usually do 16" - 20". One plant got light burn this grow at 16" so I raised it to 20".
    Hope all goes well for you brother.

12. Thanks my man, going to order that bad boy next month. Been getting my room together for fall. To dam hot here in the summer. I think I also solved my problem of scroging in my one entrance room
    [​IMG]
    Don’t mind my dirty floor I still have to paint the room . I’m making 4 individual scrog screens on dolly’s. I’ll simple Roll one out to get to the others for training and feeding. I actually have a 9’.5 x5’ room but i put a partition in making it one 5x5 and a 4x5 veg room. I may totally redesign next year into one big flowering room with 2 next light mega and get a 4x4 tent to veg in under my old xml 650. It’s dimmable with veg and clone settings.
    This is what I’m workin with
    [​IMG]
    Can wait to change from this blurple light . Looking for that 6-8 oz a plant :) looks like a moon landing right now lol
    [​IMG] thanks again for all your help I really appreciate it brother .

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thats awesome!!! I really want to make one once i figure out what this corona craps going to do to the economy. Wanted to stop in and share a few photos. The Maxi is such a blessing, Thanks Mick!!! Next time not so many tops for sure. Or let them grow up a few inches first so i can get in there and move the branches apart. Any advice or just ride it out? 20200313_104500.jpg 20200313_104449.jpg 20200313_104515.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks man! I don’t want to hijack his thread but pm me when your ready and I can send ya all the measurements. Cost me less than 20 bucks to build. What size light you using? Micro grow? You could remove some fan leafs for more light penetration and tie them back to open up the canopy. Mick may have some better ideas. Hope that helps a little Good luck finishing her off!

• Like Like x 1
  15. I pulled her apart a bit. I hope Micks doin ok. The virus has got ppl acting crazy. Might drag camper up north a bit but looks like we have a week till they start shuting things down in the usa. Yeah triming leaves just seems counter productive in ways like the colas i left them on look more full ii kinda did some tests. Because of it my center and one side is about a inch shorter. Leaves make a diffrence but yrah they have to get light and air. Its a biotch. Hit me up Mick i know you have the right info

16. Have you more pictures showing how you drain the water/raise the tub ? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. This is the best pic I have.....hope it helps.
    Incline drip tray.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. Not at all. It's a frame of pvc with a piece of plywood on the top.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Are those hydroton hempys?