Mick's Coco - K.I.S.S. - Scrog Method

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by MickFoster, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Sorry! I have no idea why it posted 3 times!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I don't have to use cal/mag because I use tap water and it provides adequate amounts of calcium and magnesium without having to use a supplement. That being said - I would follow the directions on the bottle. Maybe someone who uses calmag and mb together can chime in. I would flush with a 1/4 strength nute solution, pH'd at 5.5 until the run off gets back to normal - although 6.9 is not horrible. Do you always feed nutes to run off and how often do you feed? Are you not able to use tap water?

• Like Like x 1
  3. The maxi already has quite a bit of cal/mag in it. Adding more can be detrimental. r/o and coco may call for more but I would not add as maintenence unless I see signs of def. A calcium def may be better addressed simply upping the maxi dose if you are not maxed out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi Mick. I feed everyday, once a day, and always to at least 15%-20% runoff. My tap water is so hard it leaves calcium deposits on my faucets. I had issues when I first started using my tap and switched to ro and things got better. I usually ph to 5.8-6.0.

5. #265 roccus, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    I use well water that is fed from an underground stream it is also very hard but I found just 1 tsp of cal mag is never enough so now I just use 2 tsp and do not have the deficiency problem I had with just 1 tsp. but where I seemed to have problems was when I was messing with the ph trying to get it to 5.5... I gave up on that and have not mess with ph for the last 2 grows and all seems well

I am using coco in 3 gal. air pots with mb so my mix per gallon of water is 1 tsp mb, 2 tsp calmag, 1 tsp sm90, 1 tsp silica blast but then when in flower I also add 1/4 tsp kb... I think on this grow I am going to work up to 1/2 tsp of kb then the last 2 weeks of feed drop the mb and go to 1 tsp. of kool bloom

• Like Like x 1
  6. 6/9 is a suggested ratio for like 1000watts with hps I believe.. back off if its too hot. get a PPM meter. test nutes going in, and run off coming out... it will tell you whether to add nutes or dilute nutes

• Like Like x 1
  7. what's the PH going in? ... might have root rot if youre putting 5.8 in and 6.9 is coming out

• Like Like x 1
  8. Usually 5.8-6.0. Last feed was at 5.5 to try to balance root zone ph. I thought root rot was hard to get in coco? I water/feed a half gallon each for 3 plants, drain to waste with at least 15% runoff. Root still come out of the drain holes nice and white, but die off a little when they hit the air.

9. Excellent thread Mick. I'm sure I'll be referring to it often.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. yeah prolly not root rot.. just really odd to get such a contrast in ph going in/coming out

• Like Like x 1
  11. I did a slurry test using one part coco, to 5 parts distilled water. I stirred it around a bit and let it sit about 20 mins and strained it. The ph was 6.1 on two plants and 6.4 on the other. The funny thing is the plant with the higher ph is the greenest one. I used 7 grams of mb to a gallon and and a half of ro water with 3ml of cal/mag added first last night for the first time. Hope that wasn't to much to start with?

12. I wanna read this but dont have the time right now

• Like Like x 1
  13. Great read! Currently just sprouted a Purps#1 and a Franco Lemon Cheese. Will be following this thread. Have had about 4 unsuccessful attempts, hopefully this round will be a go!
    I'm using Biobizz nutes, as I already had them.

• Like Like x 3
  14. I'm at the end, day 60 of flower. My buds aren't fattening at all under the 8. Qb 132's.
    Using maxibloom, and koolbloom. I did have an issue with WPM maybe that stunted them?
    Seems to be under control now. Thoughts?
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  15. The pm issue could have stunted them slightly, but in all honesty they look pretty dense to me. Could just be a strain that doesn't get super fat buds.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. its a strain thing, i agree.

• Like Like x 2
  17. My 3 triple cheese girls. Monday will be 3 weeks since flip. Been using mb for approx 4 weeks now and all seems well. Sorry for crappy pics.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Just gonna tune in and say I'm using your methods again MickFoster
    but this time.. I modified it a lil and used 3-part for veg'n, fed it micro + MB during transition and is now on straight MB.
    Thing is I am feeding 1.5 tsp per 8 liters and today I had to feed her 12 liters until I got adequate runoff.
    I will try 10 Liters tomorrow, but probably 12 is closer to the mark.
    You think I should I just keep feeding it once a day?
    Plant really stretched but she's flowering now. I'm not worried too much about the taller ones in the back.
    To give you an idea of her size, the trellis is 39x39".
    DSCF2390.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nice looking plants - good job brother. If you're using coco you should be feeding at least once a day with plants that size. I feed twice a day in flower and Soil2Coco feeds multiple times a day.

Are you saying you have to feed one plant over 3 gallons to get substantial run off? What size pots?

20. I gave it 2 gallons and nothing came out today so I added a gallon more, but like I said, I will try 10 tomorrow.
    Before you ask, I was patience and waited 30 minutes when I noticed that there was no runoff. I was collecting it today to check its pH...
    I'm actually not sure what size the pot is... 5gal? 7? found an earlier picture.
    DSCF2349.JPG
    Maybe I will need to increase her schedule given her size.

• Like Like x 1