Mick's Coco - K.I.S.S. - Scrog Method

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by MickFoster, Apr 24, 2017.

1. I have one strain of Zeus and two Colorado Cheese seedlings that are going directly to hydroponics. I may place Zeus in the bubbler... I'll consider hempy's maybe next time.

I agree with you, but I imagine limiting Nitrogen using MB may also contribute a little. The strain shown is Super Lemon Skunk Haze (fem'd); its a first for me. Compared to the 18" spurt I had the last time (with Chocolate Lava), this plant didn't hardly stretch at all.

*plant ;) and thank you.

2. You could be correct, but I believe that MB has plenty of nitrogen - the color green of my leaves tells me they're getting enough nitrogen. I've had plants that hardly stretch at all and some that triple in size.

3. #243 trojangrower, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    I know, it rocks ! so easy to use! but its not 'high' considering the overall nute profile, which I should add that KoolBloom drops N to 0 during the final week (someone asked a related question earlier).
    Just a quick comparison, looking at MB's ratio, at 5-15-14, its been a solid performer. Not only is it good during veg, but also during bloom, seedling, and right up to ripen. But looking at other nutes, MegaCrop 9.7-5.5-14, Jack's 5-12-26, or Dynogrow's duo grow (9-3-6) and bloom (3-12-6)... well, Jack's is low like that too...
    anyhow, I like it!

*edit: after doing some fact checking, I discovered Jack's "should be used in combination with the 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate in a two-part system", raising that N value some.

4. Do you guys think adding flower fuel to my mb will be too much?

Still using sm90 & silica blast.

If it's not gonna benefit me I won't bother.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5. May even be three part like the Masterblend 4-18-38 I use. Base mix is

3g magnesium sulfate,
    6g Calcium Nitrate
    6g Masterblend base
    Per 5 gallons of water

I almost went with Jacks but saw nobody using Masterblend so figured, what the hell.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Flower Fuel looks to be 1-34-32, so its kinda similar to MB, but moreso to KoolBloom (2-45-28), which is only used during the last week of flowering, and sparingly at that.
    Whether or not it helps, idk. I was planning on comparing feeding schedules between some clones to answer this, but until then I don't imagine too much of a difference.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #247 Sickomindo, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    I have 6 Hempys under my belt now. Mine version is Coco/perlite Hydroton Bottom fed. I recommend them.
    IMG_3237.JPG IMG_6037.JPG IMG_8404.JPG IMG_8833.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  8. @ Sickomindo,
    sick. lol. I thought hempy's was vermiculute/perlite mix? I am confused now, what makes a 'hempys' grow a hempys grow?
    Also curious as to what light you are using? Any chance of relating the lumens on that show?

Ok, I already plugged the Zeus in the air bubbler with hydropton, she will be fine. Its easy maintained and independent. She is going to have her own 2x3 tent and a couple 302 boards. These are important considerations given that the flower time is ~12 weeks on the strain.

I was going to stick the other two into my net/bucket hydrosystem, but maybe I should look into the hempys thing more. Got a link?

9. A hempy is perlite/vermiculite with a drain hole 2" from the bottom of the pot. According to Hempy - any variation from that is not a hempy. Coco with a 2" hole from the bottom of the pot is not a hempy - even though some people call it that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Im down with that mick. So what should we call it?

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Flower 14. Holy jungle. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  12. I use Mick method very successfully, on the last grow I add 1/4 tsp of cool bloom per gallon to the mix about a week after they flowered and did this all the way to the end till flush time and got the best biggest yield ever....

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Meant to ask Mick uses Nutrilife SM-90 as one of his additives... anyone know what ever happened to it?? Looks like Amazon barred it or something I got to get more running low on it now

14. Was that liquid KB or dry KB? Tbone has convinced me to try both of these on my next grow. :)

15. I'm switching to HydroGuard on my next grow. Someone told me SM-90 is discontinued.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I used kool
    Bloom dry at week 5 through to the end great and I mean heavy dense flowers!!

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  17. I use the dry powder and as said 1/4 tsp to a gallon and I start using it about 2 weeks into flower to the end, the buds exploded.... not only the biggest yeild so far but by far the best smoke as well that was dutch passion auto night queen real tasty great smell and a great buzz.. I have another grow going now Mick using your method this time reg fem grand daddy purple and columbian gold they are a couple days past 3 weeks veg will probably flip in a week or so

• Like Like x 2
  18. Thanks brother. I can't wait to use it. :)

19. Hi Mick. I think I'm going to have to give the mb a go as I'm having to many issues with the heads 6/9 with gh nutes. My question is I'm using ro water, how much cal/mag do you suggest to use per gal when using the mb, and I guess add the cal/mag first then the dissolved mb? Also I checked the runoff on a plant experiencing what from the pics I've seen, is a phosphorus excess, and it was 6.9. I'm in coco. Do you suggest a watering/feeding at say 5.0 ph to get the ph in the root zone closer to what it should be? Thanks in advance for your help. I'll be picking up a bag of mb later today.

20. Hi Mick. I think I'm going to have to give the mb a go as I'm having to many issues with the heads 6/9 with gh nutes. My question is I'm using ro water, how much cal/mag do you suggest to use per gal when using the mb, and I guess add the cal/mag first then the dissolved mb? Also I checked the runoff on a plant experiencing what from the pics I've seen, is a phosphorus excess, and it was 6.9. I'm in coco. Do you suggest a watering/feeding at say 5.0 ph to get the ph in the root zone closer to what it should be? Thanks in advance for your help. I'll be picking up a bag of mb later today.