Michigann's First CFL Bagseed Grow - Super Cheap Setup

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Michigann, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Damn bro sorry 2 hear that... I think i had a nightmare close to this :( In any event I would just keep going you never now but I dont c what u c so..... Worst case senario u start fresh n this time youll do twice as good.. Ive been looking into getting my seed from a bank and grow official ;)

2. :eek: sorry for your loss, I truly am. I even give thanks when culling males, the waste of any living marijuana plant saddens me because of the potential benefits that can be had from this plant. Much respect and I'll be looking for Michigann's second grow journal :bongin:

3. :eek:

i guess all isn't too bad guys, I wasn't really too far into the grow, I'll definitely be giving it another shot, i'll be sure to make another journal soon enough. :smoke:

Got some more bagseed on hand, i'll start a germination tonight.

Thanks guys for the encouragement :)

4. Dude, bummer with the plant/sister thing... well look on the bright side... Gives you a chance to try new things right? and Skyrims still pretty sweet... what race are you??

lol

5. How did you know I've been playin skyrim?

lolwut:confused::confused:

I must know you ;P

6. I'm from Michigan as well, and I have been using Cfl's for my third time. Though I'm using a mix of spectrums for this grow. I am currently using 2 200w 3500k Cfl's under a hand crafted hood, and a 150w 3500k clf in a hooded shop light. Right now I'm using MiracleGrow Moisture control soil, and watering with oxygen infused water (basically I stick a fish pump hose in a jug of tap water for 24 hours before I water). I'm Trying to keep my lumen count high for each of my plants But here is a pic of what I'm doing. (And granteded this IS my best plant right now)

Attached Files:

7. #47 timotei, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
    lol your youtube vid, I recognize that BGM anywhere!

question by the way, what brand of cfls did you go with?

8. Hahaha! Damn you're good.

And my 6500k Daylight ones were GE and the Soft white 2500k or whatever ones were the offbrand ones at walmart, i'm not sure though because I don't have the box anymore.

9. Between the soft white and daylight CFLs which one is better? Im just starting my girls indoor till there mature enough for the wilderness

10. I know you didn't ask me but daylight are for veg. and soft white are for flowering. anything higher than 5000K is for veging (i.e. growing) and lower is for flowering.

@Michigann sorry to hear about the plants ;/ If you have some spare time check out my thread here. That's to my current (round two) grow but the first post has a link to my first attempt. It was as cheap as I could get so might give you some good insight on what you can get away with and what you really need. I would check out the lighting rig I made (i linked the guide), doesn't take too much effort to make one and it was actually pretty cheap to make. I'm growing in a small space also so I use the lighting rig to also hold one of my fans to keep it cool and it isn't taking up any extra space.

I like the video idea to show the setup so I'm prolly gonna do that myself ;p Anyhow good luck on the next batch, look forward to seeing what you get! :smoke:

11. [quote name='"Thunderstruck"']

I know you didn't ask me but daylight are for veg. and soft white are for flowering. anything higher than 5000K is for veging (i.e. growing) and lower is for flowering.

@Michigann sorry to hear about the plants ;/ If you have some spare time check out my thread here. That's to my current (round two) grow but the first post has a link to my first attempt. It was as cheap as I could get so might give you some good insight on what you can get away with and what you really need. I would check out the lighting rig I made (i linked the guide), doesn't take too much effort to make one and it was actually pretty cheap to make. I'm growing in a small space also so I use the lighting rig to also hold one of my fans to keep it cool and it isn't taking up any extra space.

I like the video idea to show the setup so I'm prolly gonna do that myself ;p Anyhow good luck on the next batch, look forward to seeing what you get! :smoke:[/quote]

Thanks man! That was extremely helpful and my question was aimed at anybody who could help me out.

12. Hey man, we're on the same level, lol. except, my light set up doesn't look quite as nice. where do you get those light sockets that just plug directly in to an outlet like that?!..and how much are they?

13. I just made a little set up for 40 bucks including two lights from menards, it is in fact ghetto, but it gets the job done... Now heat is another issue. My chamber is at an avarage from 78 open, and upward of 90+ when closed off... Not sure if that's an issue or not, but I don't think my plants like it.

14. this is a big problem with all small grows. Because it's such a small area you have to move air through faster than if it was a bigger tent (or you can move a larger amount of air). Mine is the same as you described where if I close it all up I'm close to 100F. I'm currently on a 18/6 schedule so it kinda works out leaving it open because the dark time is when it's naturally dark (and I am sleeping). I've read that they are ok anywhere in the range of 70-90 with ideal being 75-80.

15. Yeah, my pants are def feeling the heat. I'm abou to head to the hardware store to try and re vamp this set up for more air flow. I can't make it wider or deeper, but I can make it about a foot taller. Hopefully that helps.

And yeah, I'm kind of ccurious about the plug in sockets as well...

16. If you have a home Depot near you they should have them. They'll be in the electrical section though rather than the lighting.

17. Hey guys, I haven't really been on the forums lately, been partying and what not :bongin: but also just disappointed that my grow was stopped before it really was even started lol.

Still haven't germed any seeds, really haven't came by any since I haven't picked up any mids or schwag I havent had any bags with seed in it, but i'll go pick up some bagseed from a friend who saves his today later and begin germing tonight, that's a promise :smoke::smoke:

18. [quote name='"Michigann"']Hey guys, I haven't really been on the forums lately, been partying and what not :bongin: but also just disappointed that my grow was stopped before it really was even started lol.

Still haven't germed any seeds, really haven't came by any since I haven't picked up any mids or schwag I havent had any bags with seed in it, but i'll go pick up some bagseed from a friend who saves his today later and begin germing tonight, that's a promise :smoke::smoke:[/quote]

Did you germ some seeds dude.

19. W00t! for a michigan grower if thats what your name means :)

Im about to upload my first grow log today! Deleted pics from sprout :/ buuut, there doing awesome and looking really good so far! subbed!

20. Guyz im a lil late for this but if you jus use a 13watt cfl to grow the lil ladies a clamplamp from Home Depot to place it close they wont BURN.... Ive grown outside for years and Now im On this CFL Kick 3 warm/soft 23=300watt warm 4Daylight 23=400 in a 4.5x3 sq ft Box 24/0 for 5wks then to 18/6 for 5weeks and 12/12 until Gold... but my vegg and clone box is a rubbermaid 8gal the lights a 13watt cfl and a 10watt tube flo... 24/0 ive also have a 18gal rubbermaid no lights this for the ladies whom sho early signs of readiness.....So i say lets get us sum HQ smokeables and prove the Non cfl belivers wrong...