Michigan Reformind Medical Marijuana Laws

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by DigitalDwarf, Jan 20, 2010.

1. According to a local news channel I was watching this fine evening, it is being discussed in Michigan that they should reform the law for Medicinal Marijuana. The anchor woman went on to say that the Senate (I think it was, or some person in office-probably not the senate though) was most likely going to disallow patients from growing their own or having care givers in favor for more a "pharmacutical" approach.

Link:
    Lawmakers consider changes to Michigan medical marijuana law | wzzm13.com | Grand Rapids, MI

Discuss

2. The problem is they cannot change that law without a vote, and the hell if I'm going to vote for any law that restricts the availability to anyone that REALLY needs it.

3. Lol basically they want to build JUST TEN dispensaries and disallow caregivers from providing or letting patients grow their own...we have already 7,000 patients and 3,000 caregivers in less than a year, so good luck with that I guess...

4. For anyone with any specific Civics skills here is the SB's that they are trying to pass.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2009-2010/billanalysis/Senate/pdf/2009-SFA-0616-S.pdf

And I really don't understand how they can change something that was passed by voters, is this country not a democracy? Wasn't this M.M.M.A. Passed by the voters (A landslide victory I might add?)
    We need to get a Decriminalization/Regulation/Taxation Initiative in office before the senate fucks everything up. Be cause I am one to collect the signature and I won't stop until I have 100% of the necessary signatures to have it on the ballot.

5. I think that MI didn't think it was gonna pass. Then when it happened they were like "OH SHIT!!" and the cops used it as an excuse to crack down on all the herb-loving public.

6. I think that MI didn't think it was gonna pass. Then when it happened they were like "OH SHIT!!" and the cops used it as an excuse to crack down on the herb-loving public.

7. They need a super majority to pass any changes to an initiated law. Three fourths of Michigan's congress is not willing to agree on anything. I think we are safe. Plus the state senate comity which discussed it today got an earful from a whole lot of folks opposing their changes.

8. Man I really wish I could have seen this but I was unaware that there where proceedings on this until I came across this post.

9. What were some of the arguements those "folks" had to say?

10. I am so pissed right now. I had no idea this was happening.

11. Isn't Michigan a liberal state? What's up with that?

12. ROFLMMFAOOMGRYS!!!???!?!!!!!!!

Ahem... Sorry... On a serious note, prisons are one of the states biggest industries, as far as I've seen anyways. They manufacture everything from soap, police officer uniforms, I've even heard that they manufacture office furniture in the prisons, and who do they need to run that? Low level, non-violent offenders...

Michigan State Industries - Michigan State Industries

13. I hope you guys are contacting some Senators. I sure am.