Michigan outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by TheJozbo, Apr 16, 2013.

1. This will be my first grow outdoors. I was wondering are there any other outdoor Michigan growers on here?
    When is the best time to put plants outdoors? The weather has been pretty bad lately, rain a little snow. The temps are mostly in the 40's occasionally jumping into the 50's/60's but at night and looking at the forecast I see it dropping into the 30's. Nothing lower than that.
    I am currently starting some Norther Lights clones, I wanted to get them around 6" or so before I put them out there, but with this weather I don't know.
    Anyone have any advice? I don't want to keep them inside since they are going to be taking up too much room.
    Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. I'm subbing to see how you do. I can't grow outdoors yet but really want too. I'm in West Michigan.

3. Hey i'm in the metro detroit area here, i've been planning to grow all winter, but may not be able to because I may be moving out of state. anyways, i'd keep them vegging until may 1, but who knows it could still be snowing lol. rule of thumb is wait 2 weeks after the ground thaws to put them outdoors. but before you put them outside for good make sure you climatize them for the outdoors, otherwise they'll fry.

4. Thanks for the info, but what do you mean by "climatize" them? I get what you mean by it but how woild I do it, sit them outside to get used to the temps?

5. its been a while since i read on how to do it, but essentially you just put them outdoors for 2 hours and then the next day 3 hours and then do this until they've been outdoors for 8 hours

6. jus leave them outside in the shade under a tree or something for a day or two and they'll be str8....it's called "hardening" you can read up on it for yourself.

7. Alright thanks, yea I'll look it up though. Thanks for the info.

8. #8 HipsterDoofus, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2013
    You are growing a warm weather plant. You want to be well past your last frost AND (this is important) your nighttime low temperatures are consistently above 50 degrees Fahrenheit. The nighttime temperature is important. Watch your local weather reports and note the overnight lows. When the overnight lows are consistently above 50 degrees, you are good to go for planting outdoors. I have never hardened off my plants. They always went direct from my tent to planting.

Northern lights is a great choice.

These strains have worked well for me at 42 degrees latitude: Kaya Gold, Wonder Woman, White Widow and Swiss Cheese. Wonder Woman grows tall and strong. The buds are so easy to trim. Swiss Cheese is absolutely delicious. White Widow is potent if you like an indica dominant. Kaya Gold gets you some sativa in a hybrid that finishes on time for my short season.

Master Kush grew beautifully but succumbed to bud rot, as did Blue Mystic. AK-47 could not finish in time and made me anxious from not enough amber in the trichomes.

9. ^^^my Master Kush didn't do so well outdoors

10. im a first time out door grower. I planted my 2" clones on June 29th. I have updated my grow all along on my instagram...@connasour aka frosty the growman. I had a 10' x 13' area. And some shitty clones of great genetics that were not going to make the cut for my indoor grow. So i half ass prepaired the area i had..the best i could. I have watched everyone i know grow outdoor for 8 years. And finally as a legal patient i had the oppertunity to try a few with a very late start

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. smallest is 40" x 40"....largest 3 are each 100" x 100" to 115" x 115" wide and 6' tall.I had a height restriction due to neighbors and being in town. Im quite happy. my favorite is purple mayhem from goosybreeders. Its the brightest purple u ever saw. And it turns the leaves purple as soon as it hits 12/12 and the flowers appear that color purple also in temps of 90º. im nervous for the outside tho. I grew her indoors only. The under side of the leaves turn bright pink and the smell ivery fragrent and smells of deep very sweet Grape Kool Aid. Like a giant stepped on a winery. 20160906_170805.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cool I have fellow Michiganders here! I bet there are so many people doing first time outdoors this year in Michigan. I just realized my plants have been outside since May 26th looking thro google photos