Michigan outdoor grow legal questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ReefCOLA420, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Michigan Law states 'Adults can grow 12 plants...'
    With 2 adults living in the household, can 24 plants be grown either indoor or outdoor?
    Also, if I lease land to an individual who wants to cultivate 12 plants, may I also cultivate my own 12 plants?

2. I seriously doubt the law was written that it could be fked around like that. Just my .02 best of wishes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I don't know if anyone could give you a definite answer on that seeing how there are so many grey areas in the pot laws in Michigan. I think if you don't have access to OP grow you will be legal. I know for a fact that's how it works in the M.M laws. Not sure if the recreational laws are the same.

4. 12 plants per household no matter the number of adults.

BL

• Like Like x 1
  5. I know in MA its 6 plants per household unless 2 or more people over 21 live there and wish to grow, then the max number jumps to 12 per household but caps off at that regardless of anything else. Perhaps Michigan is similar or the same?

6. #6 puffnstuff1960, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    Where did you find this information?
    I've yet to get a definite answer. Medical you can grow 12 for very patient (up to 5 patients) you have plus 12 for yourself. For a total of 72
    And I know from personnel experience you can let anyone grow anywhere on your property as long as the grower is the only one with access to the plants.

7. 333.27955
    Section 5
    B.

MICHIGAN REGULATION AND TAXATION OF MARIHUANA ACT (EXCERPT)
    Initiated Law 1 of 2018

333.27955 Lawful activities by person 21 years of age or older; terms, conditions, limitations, and restrictions; denial of custody or visitation prohibited.
    Sec. 5.

1. Notwithstanding any other law or provision of this act, and except as otherwise provided in section 4 of this act, the following acts by a person 21 years of age or older are not unlawful, are not an offense, are not grounds for seizing or forfeiting property, are not grounds for arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, are not grounds for search or inspection, and are not grounds to deny any other right or privilege:
    (a) except as permitted by subdivision (b), possessing, using or consuming, internally possessing, purchasing, transporting, or processing 2.5 ounces or less of marihuana, except that not more than 15 grams of marihuana may be in the form of marihuana concentrate;
    (b) within the person's residence, possessing, storing, and processing not more than 10 ounces of marihuana and any marihuana produced by marihuana plants cultivated on the premises and cultivating not more than 12 marihuana plants for personal use, provided that no more than 12 marihuana plants are possessed, cultivated, or processed on the premises at once;
    (c) assisting another person who is 21 years of age or older in any of the acts described in this section; and
    (d) giving away or otherwise transferring without remuneration up to 2.5 ounces of marihuana, except that not more than 15 grams of marihuana may be in the form of marihuana concentrate, to a person 21 years of age or older, as long as the transfer is not advertised or promoted to the public.
    2. Notwithstanding any other law or provision of this act, except as otherwise provided in section 4 of this act, the use, manufacture, possession, and purchase of marihuana accessories by a person 21 years of age or older and the distribution or sale of marihuana accessories to a person 21 years of age or older is authorized, is not unlawful, is not an offense, is not grounds for seizing or forfeiting property, is not grounds for arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, and is not grounds to deny any other right or privilege.
    3. A person shall not be denied custody of or visitation with a minor for conduct that is permitted by this act, unless the person's behavior is such that it creates an unreasonable danger to the minor that can be clearly articulated and substantiated.

History: 2018, Initiated Law 1, Eff. Dec. 6, 2018
    Compiler's Notes: This new act was proposed by initiative petition pursuant to Const. 1963, art 2, section 9. The proposed language was certified to the legislature on April 26, 2018 with the 40-day consideration period lapsing on June 5, 2018. The initiative petition was submitted to the voters as proposal 18-1 at the November 6, 2018 general election where it was approved 2,356,422 for and 1,859,675 against.

© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan

Custom controls for logged in users (not always present).
    Bottom
    The Michigan Legislature Website is a free service of the Legislative Service Bureau in cooperation with the Michigan Legislative Council, the Michigan House of Representatives, the Michigan Senate, and the Library of Michigan. The information obtained from this site is not intended to replace official versions of that information and is subject to revision. The Legislature presents this information, without warranties, express or implied, regarding the accuracy of the information, timeliness, or completeness. If you believe the information is inaccurate, out-of-date, or incomplete or if you have problems accessing or reading the information, please send your concerns to the appropriate agency using the online Comment Form in the bar above this text.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Just keep in mind 12 to 24 plants $100.00 civil infraction over 24 FELONY in MI.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. OP never mentioned whether it was recreational or medical grow. Im not familiar with the medical side of thing. Recreational is 12 only per household.

BL

• Like Like x 1
  10. Regarding 'letting anyone grow on your property'...Where did you come across this information? Michigan grower? Does this not defeat the purpose of the '12 per premise' part of the law, for personal use? Does a land/lease contract need to exist?
    I understand the caregiver part. I am personal use only.

11. #11 puffnstuff1960, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    .Where did you come across this information? Personal experience. I helped a friend out for a few years. I got checked by the local narcotics team. They ask about the plants in the other enclosed area I Told them It was a friends and I didn't have access. They never questioned it that's why I say its legal.

Michigan grower? Yes

Does this not defeat the purpose of the '12 per premise' part of the law, for personal use? I can grow 72 plants under the medical Marjuana laws. 12 per patient 12 for myself.

Does a land/lease contract need to exist? No contract exited simple hand shake.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 12 per household. Period. Very generous.