Michigan outdoor grow Critical Mass

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Cannabeyourfriend, Jul 22, 2016.

1. This is my first outdoor grow, using only Heavy 16 Veg/Bud A and B.
    I topped once, after the third set of nodes and tied down the six main branches. The container is 20 gallons and has a 5 inch layer of pea gravel at the bottom for drainage. The soil is Miracle-Gro Nature's Care Organic Potting Mix with Water Conserve, it absorbs water very well and doesn't compact much even after 40 waterings. I gave the plant 118ml of veg a+b in its third week and no more after that. During the first and second week of the stretch, I gave the plant 2 doses (118ml) of bud a+b. The plant gets no less than 7 hours of direct sunlight. Temps are 80-90 in the day and 70-85 at night, humidity is almost always above 60%

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Looking good mate....

the eyes are useless when the mind is blind.....

3. Healthy.... Keep up the good work. It will pay off.. Lol

the eyes are useless when the mind is blind.....

4. Thanks, I hope to get 5 or 6 ounces.

5. Someone stole half my plant, it'll survive, but my yield is gonna be much less. You try to be nice to people and they screw you. At least I know who did it. I'll post pics whenever I feel like looking at my plant again.

6. That totally sucks about a buddy stealing from you...

I don't know what I would do if I were you. Are you planning on doing something?

7. Yeah, real depressing. No, the damage is done, no need to escalate things. I'm getting an alarm with motion detection to attach to my plant and a camera, so that should prevent anyone from harming or stealing my plant. Lesson learned.

8. People are so stupid. Like he made off with anything at all. The plant isn't done. That sucks. Hopefully with things going legal it will cut down on this kind of thing. Robbers used to feel safe because you couldn't go to authorities when they steal illegal things but those days are numbered.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I admire your patience. I'm not sure I could be quite so patient. If I may ask, what good is the motion sensor and camera gonna do if you're not willing to escalate things? I believe you mentioned that you knew who it was. So isn't that what would happen if (knocking on wood here) something happened again? As Tbone pointed out, things may change in the future. But even if it was completely legal, I'm not sure how comfortable I would feel bringing video taped evidence of a theft and alerting the cops about the fact that you grow and location.

Please forgive me if I'm being a jerk here. That isn't my intention.

EDIT-----Any chance you could move them to another location?

10. That's what I didn't understand, I guess he thought he could clone big stalks. The police caught him a bunch, he steals from everyone in the neighborhood, but they just let him go because they like him. The police act as if he's a child that doesn't know right from wrong.

11. The motion sensor with alarm will wake me up so I can kick ass, that is if it doesn't scare them off first, the camera is for deterrence and so I know who tries to steal from me. I will only harm someone that's actively trespassing or running away with my stuff, but after they do the damage violence just gets you into trouble. I have been carrying my 140 pound plant into my bathroom at night so no one takes it, in the daytime i'm home all day so I don't have to worry.

• Like Like x 1
  12. i'd be furious, was it a neighbor, roomate?

13. It was my next door neighbors son.

14. I got spider mites, they were mostly on the lower fan leaves. I removed the infected leaves and sprayed the plant with nicotine water. Hopefully this doesn't become a problem.

15. Spider mites are completely gone, I checked every leaf for mites and eggs. The trichomes are forming now, it has a mild sweet/skunky smell.

16. The buds are getting frosty, I can't wait until the're fully formed. Hopefully this cooler weather brings out some color. I saw one hair with a purple streak, but I can't find it again.

17. I started another indica at the beginning of August, it suffered some root damage because I left it in the sun too long. It's fully recovered now and I transplanted it into a 3 gallon bucket. No vegging nutrients were used, but i'm gonna use heavy 16 for flowering. I uploaded a picture of the second plant.

18. Uploaded better bud pics.

19. I learned how to use a camera, the bud pics are gonna be better from now on.

Attached Files:

20. One way to surprise a thief is to get some electric cattle fence. Just run the line inside the foliage on some wood stakes, it won't cause them serious harm but will surprise the shit out of them. Just remember to unplug it before you work.