Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Michigan MMP Question

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by bigtg, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Hello i recently went to my physician to apply for my medical marijuana license. I mailed everything to the state and they cashed my check. My question was how long before i can walk into a dispensary?

2. If your check was cashed you are legal in Michigan. Make sure you carry all copies of papers sent to Lansing and your proof of mailing with you. Proof of the cashed check is good to have as well. I'm not sure if dispensaries need to see a card, or if your papers will suffice.

From a MI caregiver, hope it helps.

3. After they cashed the check you are legal im pretty sure. Ever time i went to a dispensary with my paperwork they had to make sure the check was cashed by the state. But remember to always carry your money order or proof of your cashed check plus all your other paperwork with you.

4. No no no no no no no.

the LAW, which you should read, clearly states that you must wait 21 days from the day that your check was cashed.

if a disp or caregiver is operating otherwise, i would be weary of dealing with them.

these questions can be easily answered by a quick google search anyways.

5. Yes, Tomcat is right. Idk what these other ppl are talking about.
    once they receive your paperwork it's 21 days until your legal. but you have to prove that they received your paperwork. so you should try to print off a copy of when the check was cashed. dispensary will go by that date. you'll need copy of all your paperwork to when you go to including the print off of your check clearing.

Congrats, I just got my card about a month ago and I love it. The prices at the dispensarys are pretty standard / a little bit high. But you can't beet the selection. I currently have 8 different strains on me. Going to pick up another 3 tomorrow. I love variety:D:smoke:.

6. yes sorry i was high when i typed that and forgot the 21 day part :( My Baaaadddddd:smoke::smoke::smoke:

7. slightly important, lol

:smoke:

8. OK another thing is that I never got certified mail. Is this bad? I live in apartments so there is a mailing drop-off and I tossed it in there one day. Other than that I have all my paper work and cleared check.

9. Your copy of your cashed check is proof of two things:

You sent it .. they got it.

It's kinda hard to cash a check they never received.

10. there's a 21-day waiting period. coincidentally this is about as long as it will take for the card to come in the mail.

11. My card took around 5 months to arrive. I was good to go 21 days after the packet was received by the state, but didn't get my actual card for a few more months...

12. yeah that was the last thing they told me before i left that it would take around 4 - 5 months. they must be very backed up...

13. #13 maddogmikk, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
    Ok just wondering here. I sent in my stuff the state cashed my check, I have not gotten anything back yet, am I ok to go to the shops? or do i need to wait in till i get me card? and before the card gets here does that state send you anything telling you got the card?

14. The state does not send any correspondence except for sending the card itself and your approval letter. As for going to shops, I'm not so sure... Maybe someone else may be able to answer that.

15. #15 maddogmikk, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
    So the state will send me something saying that I got it. " approval letter". and the packet is what I sent in right? Also 2.5 ounces is the amount you can carry. Does this mean like Carry on you or in your house. And does the 2.5 include oil etc?

16. Just got my actual card in the mail last week. The state will not make any contact, unless there is an issue, before you receive your card. Right now the wait time is approx 5 months from your 21 days. Some dispensaries will accept only your card, but most take the paperwork.