Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Michigan MMJ Patients...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by iTokeat420, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Just a quick question to all the Michigan MMJ patients. What did you have to get your card? I was at a party two nights ago and the dude had a card, and he got it cause he had bad knees... but he could walk fine as far as I know. I thought it was pretty hard to get one in Michigan :confused_2:

2. Well, it is kind of based on your medical history too. I see several for migraines, but these people's descriptions of a migraine are not much different than the pain I suffer through every single day. I'm sure there are people who found ways to get over on the system.

It will happen, not much you can do.

less

3. I don't have it yet, but I'm hoping to get it for my IBS.

4. Maybe he's like me. I have bad knees. It only acts up when I walk up stairs, run, or when it's cold or stormy. I can walk fine on a normal day. I can't run more than half a mile without extreme pain in my knees. When it's a cold day, it's HELL having to walk on campus (I walk about 1-2 miles everyday in between classes).

5. Wait a second ..

If mmj works and he has his pain reduced, Why would that be some kind of getting over?

That would be something like "if it works for you, you must be running a scam."

The basis of that idea is that mmj doe3sn't really have medical benefit. That it's really only good for getting high.

And that's not the case. It does indeed work for a lot of things.

If you have a condition that causes pain and it keeps coming back, you have a qualifying condition.

6. That's a qualifying condition.

You should be good to go to get a letter and then an ID card.

7. Yep, just got my rec today! :hello:

Now I just have to get proof of my SSI and send my forms into the state.

8. Congrats! I know its not like you won anything, but I still feel like saying something.

I may be legal tomorrow, then we can share a cross-country toke to celebrate no more hiding our stuff from the police. Hopefully it is easier to find medicine out there though. In Oregon we have no dispensaries, no co-ops as far as I can tell, and I know no growers/dealers (actually kinda happy about that last one) so how I'm gonna find it is still up in the air. But the Pacific NW is full of nice people so I'm not too worried.

9. Good luck man. The THCF had pamphlets for finding caregivers, but I don't know if it will be the same for you. My only issue now is that I will no longer be driving while under the influence because I don't want to lose my card. Provided that I am a 20-something bachelor, I drive myself everywhere. Luckily they told me about a way to make pills with the leaves that won't get me high, but should still treat my IBS symptoms.