Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Michigan Dispensary list?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by alonewolf, May 15, 2010.

1. If u look at thcfinder.com it will tell u where all of the clubs(dispensaries) are at. peace:smoke::smoke:

2. See how that goes with the feds/dea/local police. Just because there is nothing written about dispensaries, doesn't make them legal either. Marijuana is still illegal everywhere in the states, so to them (dea/local police), its just a building with people dealing weed over the counter. lol I'm just saying be careful who you give information out to, until there are some set laws in the state of michigan about dispensaries.

3. Its going just fine. You need to get the facts because you are clearly operating without them. Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti are my two nearest municipalities and BOTH of them have created laws declaring dispensaries EXPLICITLY LEGAL. Because they are not mentioned in the state law, these laws are not preempted by state law.

In 2008, the US Supreme court refused to review a decision by the California supreme court that declared that state law enforcement had no right to enforce federal marijuana laws in lieu of their own state laws. This means that local law enforcement have no choice but to uphold the laws we put into place... and also that every city that has banned mmj has done so illegally. 4 cities are currently being sued for their bans of mmj and two more are being sued for moratoriums.

As I have clearly laid out for all to see, there are no legal boundaries standing in the way of any Michigan city declaring dispensaries legal. Each one that has done so has done so in full compliance with state law. Local cops have no right to appeal to tougher federal laws according to the supreme court. As much as they hate it, they have to leave dispensaries alone in Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti and anywhere else that dispensaries are allowed by local zoning law.

Only federal authorities can enforce the laws against marijuana and they have been instructed not to do so if the business is in obvious full compliance with local law. So far NO raids have been executed on dispensaries operating in compliance with state and local dispensary zoning law.

So yeah... like I said before... everything is going fine. You need to be careful about this bullshit you're spreading because you don't know what you're talking about.

4. i hear theres one opening in hastings soon, ill let y'all know

5. Yeah, I heard hastings was getting one, but I don't know when.

6. around my neck of the woods eh?

7. Caledonia/Lowell area. You or anyone else?

8. What is the address to theone in Ypsilanti? I heard they have a vapor lounge there... I sure would like to visit. Everywhere I looked it said that the one in ypsilanti is not open anymore.

9. middleville so right below you :hello:

10. Google...

19 North Hamilton
    734-487-5402

11. Rock on Michigan dudes. :smoke:

12. For my birthday this weekend I was treated to a gram of blonde hash, a gram of Strawberry CoughXnorthern lights, and a double dose no bake cookie. Needless to say, I was blazed. lol

13. #93 Big Bulbs, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
    Do they accept out of state patients? I could probably see it from Ohio if I stood on my toes! Google maps shows the sheriff's office down the street. Anybody been here?

14. #94 Do Work, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2011
    I've talked with a couple people that seem to be in the know about MI MMJ laws, and have heard some interesting things. The word I have received is this: Law makers are conflicted on two sides of how they want to handle this. They know they will keep the MMJ laws, but what they want to figure out is how they will handle the distribution.

Some law makers are pushing toward the caretaker only policy. That means that you can ONLY obtain your MMJ from a caretaker - either one that you designate for yourself, or yourself being that caretaker. The reason they want this is because they don't want MMJ public. The thought behind it is if you do it caretaker only, no dispensaries, means less people out and about with pot. The idea is to allow it's use, but keep it as discreet as possible. They feel that the fact that there are about as many dispensaries in California as there are starbucks that's not something people want to see in MI (and I agree). They know that if they allow dispensaries, even if heavily regulated, that will still happen.

However, some law makers are pushing toward the exact opposite. They want it to be dispensaries only, and cut the amount of plants patients can have in half. Knock it down to 5 plants per person max (currently at 12). They feel that this way they can more closely control MMJ use because, while they don't want cops busting down people's door to find out what they are doing, they also don't want people, even if legal growing more than what they are allowed. If people can only go to dispensaries, they can be "monitored" and the state has more of a say about how MMJ distribution takes place.

The word is that the state is leaning more toward the dispensary side. The problem they are having is that the caretakers they have already let operate they don't feel is right to stop them from doing so. There is talk on the inside, that people that have caretaking rights now, will be able to keep them, but NEW caretakers will not be accepted. Forcing people to either grow for themselves, or buy from a dispensary.

The good news is MMJ is not going anywhere in the state of MI. The other good news is that one of the state prosecutors, his wife has leukemia, and is now a MMJ patient. That is amazing news, not that she is sick, but that a politician is openly stating that this has benefits.

My advice is to keep yourself informed, while the laws are slowly becoming more lax, you will still get in trouble if you get caught. Always stay professional, and don't deal with people that aren't.

15. Just a friendly fyi to any future Kalamazoo dispensary patrons; Totally happy customers (THC CC) off of West Main is the only place to go. Best prices in town and the owner is a hell of a nice guy. Plus he hooks his patients up!

16. Oh really, what are the prices, and do you need to pay a member fee to get in the door? do they have lots of strains?

17. He updates his website daily with what strains he has. Usually theres 4-8 depending on how busy things are. Prices are the best Ive seen around, $20/gr. there is a $10 membership free however I went in during the Christmas week and he waived the fee as an Xmas gift. Even with the membership fee its still a great place to check out.

18. Michigan accepts out of state medical marijuana cards... but Ohio doesn't have a program. If you're asking if you could get a michigan medical marijuana card without being a resident... the answer is no.

19. Weedmaps.com - I would think this has been posted already. Has tons of dispensary located in michigan. From up north, to detroit....Some have reviews done and there website with strains they even have at that time.

In MI there are even delivery services to get your medicine. Not all clubs are 20 a gram too. I have seen 75 / 8ths which is insane if you ask me. Any club you go to should have atleast 5 + strains. The only thing that bothers me with the dispensaries so far is how some cut corners just to get money. If your paying 20$ a gram it better be dried, trimmed, and cured to perfection.

20. I live in traverse city and we have 3 dispensaries.i hear that they are trying to make all patient to patient or patient to caregiver sales illegal, basically making the dispensary the only legal way to purchase or sell marijuana.......and their prices are sky high!!!!