Michganman2018

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by michganman, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Oh yea, i knew its just been so long i forgot haha

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Holy shit! I dont know how it happened but when i was sexing my 100 regular seeds for this grow, i somehow passed a male into my grow. I was watering this morning and was looking at this one plant like hmmmmm, thats some odd looking pistils...ahhh! Thankfully i went over that thing good and didnt find a single open pollen sack, and then chopped that bastard down. No harm Im pretty sure.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Whoa nice save!
    Honestly though I'm curious how the seeded stuff smokes. Back when I was smoking the brick I smoked a ton of seeded weed.
    I've heard it can be extra potent. Is that true in your experience MM?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

4. Some of the best weed ive smoked had a few seeds actually...not a ton, but a few

• Like Like x 2
  5. Next year I'll probably mess with some pollen chucking, actually got a few reg beans from a cool cat hanging here in the GC neighborhood!
    I was curious MM - since you do a lot of volume, and weed gods willing I'll have some good volume this year, what you use to cure/store all those buds after the hang dry? Dunno if I wanna mess with jars - that'd be a PITA. Looking into airtight food grade containers (pet food ones are cheap) For curing and storing. Maybe turkey bags for cure?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well the best thing imo for long term storage is storing with leaf on. You would be surprised how long the bud will retain moisture and be protected by the leaf. You just have to bag it at the right time. I hang dry, store in totes for a week or so, then store in double bagged freezer bags. This will keep you going for 6 months. You can trim as you go. Thats if you dont have trimmers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. And no loss of potency, taste or smell from a dry trim like that, in fact i think its better

• Like Like x 2
  8. I use large steel galvanized steel trash can for cure. It acts as a large jar. I put em in paper bags.

I second the dry trimming. Slows down the drying process to where most of the chlorophyll breaks down while hanging. It is best if you can prolong dry times to at least two weeks. Hell I left this haze x kali china hang for 2 months without overdrying lol. Thanks summer humidity and procrastination!

I think you'd like the haze x kc poiboy. It turns purple in cooler outdoor weather. Good sweet hashy incense perfume taste and haze aroma.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Hey sacredsoil! Trash can cure - I like it! That's a huge container! Nice idea....I might use that.

This year is looking better for the dry - I may have a temperature controlled room indoors my disposal - spoiling me!
    So I was thinking I might just do what I've always done - I hang dry on the branches until the bend and snap on the little branches, then I group together big groups of branches/buds of similar in size and pull a big garbage or leaf litter bag up over them and tie the top loosely. I feel through the bag for when they rehydrate, then take the bag on and off that way until they are ready to put into final containers - no burp.
    This year I am for sure going to make some Malawi-Style Cobs! Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure - Fermented Cannabis

The problem is stashing all this weed. I'm thinking of getting the 5 Gallon food grade buckets with gamma lids (airtight). Keep the jars as headstash. Maybe use vacuum seal bags somwhere.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I was thinking of something else but I'm afraid to experiment. There's been times in the peak of flower where a budworm ruins one of my buds and it dies on the branch - and the bud is all dry and smelling awesome!! I'm sure you guys have noticed this. So you know how we have Christmas trees where we cut them and have them sitting in water? What if cut the main stem and shoved the cut end back in the soil and brought the pot indoors away from the sun still lightly watering and just let the plant slowly die there until the buds were perfect? Like I said, I'd be scared but it sounds like how they use to process Colombian Gold by girdling the main stem slowly killing the plant.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I had a buddy who was growing a plant in his back yard and went to the hospital during late flower. When he came back his plant was completely dead. Smoothest smoke ever. Ive never tried it, but if you guys are interested ill try it this year. I got a lil baby thats about 4 ft i don't mind sacrificing. Maybe ill cover the soil so it cant get water or something and just keep plucking leaves off until its dead. I girdled a pine tree 3 years ago at my grow spot and finally just cut it down this year because it refused to die.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hell yeah MM! Sacrifice her in the name of science!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Experiment and tell us how it goes! Tangwea is a great grower. Interested to hear how the cob goes. Is it really any different than jar curing without opening? I'm guessing moisture from cob makes it cure in 65-70 range instead? Would it be possible to jar cob without openin? Makes me wonder lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. For sure, im always down for a little expierment. Thats the only way we learn for ourselves. I can read something but its not going to stick unless i put it into practice.

Trying something new tonight. I have had this bucket sitting outside with water and some 3-6-4 npk organic dry nutrients i picked up for a super low price. I have 20lbs here ill spread between the plants tonight. I just want to see if this sludge breaks down better and releases quicker to the plants. Usually i just throw some handfuls down dry.

20180819_165936.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Im trying this again with a 4 hour brine like you reccomended. Except this time instead of beer i used a can of cherry coke(found recipe on the net), and used a flavor injector with butter, garlic, and poultry seasoning. 20180819_172030.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. Sounds amazing, I use cherry coke or dr pepper with ribs when I have time to let them soak for a day.

• Like Like x 2
  17. The thread at Icmag is hilarious. Nice romantic writing style over there...They talk about their plants like they are lovers. I kinda get swept up lol.
    The technique is to leave buds drying for a day or two then wrap in fresh corn husk and wrap tightly with twine. Vacuum seal in a bag and sweat it. After the temperature controlled sweat, if it's overly wet - dry the outside, then reseal and ferment for a week or so then take out and dry the outside - reseal and let cure for months. They mold danger is minimized by the anaerobic environment. I like the idea of it. Dudes say it's a way different high - lots of them chew a piece of cob for 15 minutes - really salivating then swallow or spit out if it's too much....read real trip stories! I want! I want!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ok im hooked. Cobs sound amazing. Im not one to care if they look like shit, it will be personal stash anyway. Wow i have a lot of reading to do.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yo MM we're on railroad tracks bro! - I posted this to the ferments thread the other day - you familiar with Korean Natural Farming yeah?
    "Anyway, I have my worm bin going and the vermicompost isn't all finished but I want to use some as the microorganisms source instead of going out and collecting some IMO.
    I have a culinary background so my thinking is, I want to make a ferment of sorts that I keep around like a mother sourdough culture - a soil mother lol. I think this would make it easy to just take some "mother" and make topdresses, teas, and foliars. Say I take a bit of EWC to seed the bucket and add dry meals (alfalfa,kelp, etc) a bit of water and a sugar source and a breathable cover - will that sustain the active fermentation? Do I need another carbohydrate source? Then when I take some away I would feed the mother by adding some ingredients back.
    Any thoughts?"
    Experiment!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Doing some maintenance and top dressing/watering this morning. Its beautiful out. 20180820_104746.jpg 20180820_105055.jpg 20180820_105222.jpg 20180820_105241.jpg

• Like Like x 2