Michganman2018

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by michganman, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Right on man thats still pretty solid none the less, you must be a busy boy before and especially after harvest

• Like Like x 2
  2. Oh for sure. The before is straight hard work, i get to slack off in the middle, and the end is just pure anxiety sleepless nights

• Like Like x 1
  3. A week late but yeah soft rock phosphate is great, it just takes awhile to break down, although fungal inoculation helps speed things up. It starts to hit in about 6 weeks and goes for about 3 months before it is spent. I can get it locally from feed store for $15 for 50lbs. I use it and non steamed, with the n in it still 3-15-0, bone meal as my primary P source, I get it for around $40 a bag. Then I use guano 0-12-0 at transition because it hits in days as a quick boost. I then get my K from Alfalfa meal (fast release), kelp meal (fast release), greensand (small amount more of a buffer.), and then also from the fact my soil is heavily wood based (very slow release/buffer). The most expensive item I use is kelp meal at $75ish a bag but it is worth it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Girl down! I hit this plants stalk being careless with a weed wacker and it got a fungal infection that just up and killed it in less than 24 hours. Also i noticed my other plant has the herp?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh fuck! The wound festered and took her down Oregon Trail style....no more drunk gardening when you're armed MM

Geez - I never saw that on weed before (On weed! Lol)....you got an exceptional photo-ho in your backyard

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sorry you lost that plant man, but at least you have a few more

• Like Like x 1
  7. Huh, i googled that plant herpes and found something that looks like it. They are called "galls" they form in responce to egg laying insects damaging the leaf causing a hormone in the plant to be released. Usually its wasps it said. Harmless.

page- Earl May

• Like Like x 1
  8. First time trying to cook a beer can chicken. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have grilled chicken and it isnt dry as shit. Im usually more of a rare medium steak kind of guy. Im wondering if i should cook this low and slow or char the outside first to lock in the juices.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Never tried beer can method but used to smoke game hens all the time and that is pretty low and slow. The trick to keep them from going dry is letting them sit in a brine for half a day and they will stay moist and juicy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Shit! I was so close to making a brine but said screw it. Next time for sure. Thanks for the tip man.

11. I havent updated these plants much, even though they look great. These are my personals im letting get bushy and keeping really short. I was gifted these special seeds by a badass fellow GC member and I'm embarrassed i got them mixed up. Shame on me I know. 20180813_191914.jpg 20180813_191916.jpg 20180813_191930.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Those plants look soo healthy MM!
    How many plants are there? I'm really interested in your headstash lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. I did 5 of these. They are choking each other out like every plant ive grown haha

• Like Like x 2
  14. Damn that chicken turned out good as hell, even without a brine. Very juicy. 20180813_201639.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Damn dude I just ate and I'm hungry again.
    I want that with some rice and beans and plantains. And beer! And some mommy daddy time lol

16. Those sides sound good. I made a crappy package of "just add water and margerine" butter noodles. The wife wasnt home to cook the side while i man the grill. The beers were good though. Not too heavy, something for a summer day with just a little bit of lemon zest to finish it off. Very drinkable compared to what I usually go for. Mommy and daddy time...whats that??? Ive heard of it i think.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dude just telling the gf I want to smoke a beer can chicken looks delicious bro! Them plants look freaking bomber and that cracks me up that's how we do too I man the grill and she makes the sides unless it's something I can also grill lol... Just last night I had made 3 prime sirloins bigger than my face (Med rare is the only way to go) oh and what types of beer do you like cause I'll put money on it we share similar tastes there although lately I've been experimenting with different sours and Gose and they are good at too

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mmm i just ate the last of that chicken on a salad. I put a brazilian steakhouse rub on it and it was spicywhuch i like. As for beers...name it i like it usually haha. The only things I dont like ate the extremely strong beers, like 8-9% and above. They just don't seem smooth to me. I like my Michigan beers, so founders, new holland, keewanaw etc. Id have to say my 3 favs right now are keweenaw widowmaker, founders reds rye, and Saugatuck's bonfire brown ale. I also enjoyed some johnny walker select cast scotch on the rocks this weekend i found excellent. Im not an alcoholic, i just like to party haha

• Like Like x 2
  19. #159 michganman, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Double post

20. Mommy daddy time = what we do away from the kids = makin a baby without actually makin a baby haha

Sorry using inside lingo lol

Yeah sometimes I dig a session beer instead of the usual heavy stuff