Michganman2018

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by michganman, Jun 17, 2018.

1. I don't have a dehum, my room was 62F / 80%RH. Cracked the door to the house, brought it to 65F / 70%RH. I'll take it!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. That sounds glorious! Getting into the high 30's here tonight and more rain coming. I either need to wait until these plants in the garage are done drying to harvest the rest or fix my drying hoophouse which got destroyed in a windstorm during this past winter.

• Like Like x 2
  3. #303 PoiBoy79, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Yeah it's so sweet this year for me, I almost feel bad, but then I remember I'm broke and outta work lol
    Your environment always throws out the challenges and you always seem to find a way to come through with the flower bro - hat's off

• Like Like x 1
  4. Five days in with the Kali China, and by the feel of it I predict a 14 day dry...it's going slow as fook but there's nice airflow in there, so I'm not worried for mold. I smelled the nugs...they smell bomb. I had to pull some popcorn off to dry on the table for samples...I love harvest time!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks man, I just kind of float my way aimlessly through life but it just seems to work out ok haha. I cant wait to see some finished dried buds of your plants. I like all the strains you chose. I kinda like working with m/f seeds of an unstable genetic lineage like I do because theres so many many phenotypes presented. Ive got such a range of smells right now its great. Congrats on making it through man. Im almost there. I need that $$$ bad too

• Like Like x 3
  6. Thanks brother! Its rough only doing 6 plants, I love variety. Being in Cali, I hear about all the same stuff. Most tastes are so 'commercial', they only know or care about what they read about on leafly haha. I love growing unique headstash strains. These cobs I'm going to make are gonna trip people out!
    I can see why you like the unstable genetics, pheno hunting sounds like a lot of fun, especially since you might find that one real special female or male. I need to have something set up indoors to sex some seeds before I try to fuck around with regular seeds though, or else it's a gamble.

• Like Like x 3
  7. I almost forgot about the cobs since i have been so busy. I need to get on getting some corn husks. Id like to follow along if you start a thread and maybe we could do it at the same time and compare results? You read waaaaay more than I did. By the way i still have those 2 small crappy plants we can expierment on harvesting techniques too. I know one i wanted to defoliate completely and let die and dry in ground. The other someone said something about girdleing or something? I dont rememeber. I dont really care if they die. My biggest top cola im watching closely because i bent it over to smell it and it just bent the stem like a super crop. I want to see if that cola gets extra trichome production from the added stress at the last minute. 20181005_124203.jpg 20181005_124211.jpg 20181005_124346.jpg 20181005_124338.jpg 20181005_124627.jpg 20181005_124602.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. Oh damn those are looking yummy bro. Yeah, we have to experiment! I'll start up a cob/alternative dry /cure techniques thread. Side by side will be cool!! I'm super excited

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Looking good MM guess my part of mi is getting nailed with rain tonight I took off to family in IL got some sort of international motocross event in my town this weekend

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  10. Yup, still raining here too. I dont think it will ever stop. Safe travels on your trip man.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  11. I cant take worrying about them anymore. They are getting poured on right now. Tommorow im moving the plants from the garage into the basement and harvesting the rest. Ill probably catch an earful and maybe a beatin' from the wife but she will get over it. Shes already pissed im drying them in the garage haha. She came home and her garage door opener didnt work and all the doors were on lockdown with chains so now she has to walk all the way around the house to our patio door to get in.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Too bad you gotta take em a little early - are you harvesting ALL the remaining plants including the personals?
    She won't beat you that badly bro, the wives know our plants are just the 8 month flavor of the week haha. Won't even hurt, by now you have calluses in all the right places lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Yea i think so. I think i have to. Im starting to see some real worrying signs of bud rot.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Dang bud rot
    I bet the c99 I grew woulda finished in time for you - I took it past what most do. I coulda taken it on 9/17.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dang! I never have had a plant finish that quick

• Like Like x 3
  16. Inspiring thread. It seems I am a local of yours too so I feel awesome that a neighbor is growing outdoors and organically. I am old school so I keep it discreet and indoors as I live in the city. Hasn't stopped me from growing organically as well for patients that appreciate things being kept chemical free(for the most part).

• Like Like x 4
  17. Howdy neighbor! Good to hear from ya. Im going to keep on doing the organic thing forever I think. Its just too easy at this point. I can get some ginormous plants by just having a good well draining soil and top dressing with quality organic nutrients. Add in an IPM and its almost fail proof. Cheaper too. I dont think I even put $300 into this grow. Let just say hypothetically I hit 20 lbs, that comes out to roughly .94 cents per oz. You need to get out in the sun somehow man, adds something to the bud you cant really quantify. Thanks for stopping in.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Whats up guys? Michigan grower here myself just curious how to go about organic growing? Atm im using the advanced nutrients line up. Thanks guys!

Sent from my LGMP450 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  19. Theres so many ways to go about doing it and every one has their opinions on how it should be done/whats best. I can only say what ive done. A couple years ago i dug 3×3×3 holes and added peat and lime and some other amendments to it like compost and sand for drainage. Then I added a dry organic nutrients in the soil and mixed them in. I let that sit a couple weeks and planted. Back then i was making teas and feeding those as well as top dressing. Now all I do is add a few handfulls if gypsum and lime and Dr earth line dry organic nutrients, and alaskas best fertilizer. Then once they get established in the soil i start top dressing every 2 weeks with things like chicken manure compost, more Dr earth, blood/bone meal etc. Ill also sprinkle things like sulphor, gypsum and lime on the soil during the season. Keep them watered and thats pretty much it. Last year I had a 10ft plus plant had 9ft plus this year. I can get well over lb per plant in the center of my garden where there is good sunshine. Then just get your IPM going and youre good. I can help you for that with michigan weather.

• Like Like x 4