Michganman 2019

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by michganman, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Pink lemonade mushroom ice tea recipe: take desired amount of mushrooms and chop up and put into small pan. Take lemon juice and cover the mushrooms with a small amount. Let sit for 15 minutes. Add half bottle of water to the pan, bring to a boil and immediately turn down to low heat and let steep for 20 minutes. Strain into a glass with ice and cut 50/50 with pink lemonade. Drink and enjoy with no nasty taste. Perfect for a day when the family is gone and the house is to yourself. 20190629_164336.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. OMG you're a genius

JuJu's legal apartment grow

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Broooooooo I feel ya, I'm busy af too, hopefully I'll get some time after this 1st harvest and I'll come up your way and we can go have some fun at the market and what not show me the softer side of the hood lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. "The softer side of the hood" had me rollin' juju.
    Seems we're all busy, going back to school as a family man has me running around all over town. My plants are gonna suck this year lol.

That tea sounds good MM thanks for the recipe! That cup makes it a booby trap, better finish it all or some kiddo will drink it and grow up real fast lololol

• Like Like x 2
  5. Haha I was cracking up too. Im really not in the hood anymore, Im in a nice family neighborhood, but the hood is only 5 miles away down the street. Before we moved into the house we are in now, my wife and I were really in the hood. In our basement there were tree roots coming through the wall and a giant crack running the entire length. We were worried it would collapse while we were sleeping! A few years after we moved out that house was condemned. One night there at 3 am I heard screaming coming from my neighbors behind my house. I went outside with a shotgun and there were multiple people banging on the house and windows trying to get someone to come outside, saying they were going to kill them. I yelled and told them to shut the fuck up and get out of here and 2 of them jumped the privacy fence and started coming at me. I racked that shotgun and those people hopped that fence so fast it looked like they teleported through it lol. I have so many stories about those days. Glad they are behind us.

Im sure your plants will come out ok man. You'll pull through fine. They just need a little extra love. Those 2 breeders I have of lilly and kali china looked jacked up as well. They got a month or 2 to comeback or its a lost cause.

I drank that tea yesterday when the family was gone, and it was so strong. Then they came back early and I couldnt hold it together lol. I couldnt stop laughing so I stayed in the garden for an hour staring at stuff until I could collect myself. Also I spent some time on my hammock, when all the sudden the strings holding it together snapped and I busted my ass. My neighbor was outside and I just lost it as she was staring at me 20190628_193758.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. So today I noticed my little flying tic tac shaped beetle things are back, I dont even know their name. Im going to hit the whole garden with its first application of 'lost coast plant therapy ' essential oils. Supposed to kill on contact, but Im a little skeptical. 20190701_174614.jpg download (5).jpeg

7. Here’s the ingredients. IMG_2529.JPG
    You can buy peppermint oil at Walmart for $5. I was told rosemary oil was food also. I ordered that off amazon but got peppermint at wal mart. They have aloe also to use as surfactant.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yea I seen the ingredients on the side and saw they were pretty easily accessible anywhere, but I got a few samples for free, one from their website, and one from a grow shop. I haven't paid for anything yet so thats good. I do have some peppermint oil in my cupboard, and I'll pick up some aloe juice as well. Thats what I usually use as a surfactant. I just thought it was odd how little of insects there are this year since I have barely done anything to my plants. Its like they are disappearing. I was back there watering tonight in a tshirt, normally i would be destroyed by mosquitoes. In years past I would cover everything on my body and they would bite my eyelids they were so bad.

Last year I got some leaf septoria and blight back there, and Im concerned its stayed around the area. Got any pointers about that?

9. Those free samples are where it’s at.
    For blight it says green cure or baking soda. And leaf septoria to use neem or cooper. Have you defoliated the inside of the plant or use fans to increase airflow. And don’t foliar at night try in the morning before sun comes up so it dries off quicker. Mosquitos aren’t to bad, I keep seeing tiny grasshoppers on my plants. I just neem/aloe/silica and bt outside and that takes care of bugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Getting there...seemingly a little slow though. Thats ok, they're healthy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Looking good! I defiantly here you on the sloooow going for awhile. Mine are staring to turn on now but fuc. I'm seriously thinking of putting my plastic top on next week maybe help them along a little.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yea, kinda weird how they are just hitting their stride. I made a big mistake 2 nights ago though. In one of my plants i saw a massive wolf spider, and an egg sack with about a 1000 babies on a huge fan leaf. I fucking despise spiders. I went to the grow store and got one of those huge cans of Doctor Doom pyrethrin foggers and went crazy on my plants. I did it just before dark and they still got burnt bad for some reason?? I have used that stuff indoors back in the day and never had a problem. I have not used it in years because it seems over kill and I havent had a need. Now i have some burn marks on them and a few leaves have shriveled up.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah, weird start to the season in MI seems to be the consensus. We'll see what happens...

• Like Like x 1
  14. How do you figure the plastic would help this time of year?

• Like Like x 1
  15. #219 puffnstuff1960, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Night time temperatures down in the high 40s low 50s. during the day is gonna be high 60s low 70s with a couple 80 degree days sprinkled in there Hoping to keep a little heat in there. Be like a greenhouse effect....hopefully anyway.
    I gotta try something I'm about 3 weeks to a month behind due to the cool spring. We never got any real warm weather till last couple weeks of June. It just started staying warm at night first part of this month.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bummer man. My forecast looks like 70s and 80s with 60s at night for a month or so yet. Maybe because I'm next to the big lake over here...

• Like Like x 1