Michganman 2019

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by michganman, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Thanks man, appreciate it

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fathers day smoke. Durban poison supposedly. Ive never seen it this light color though. Its usually golden. 20190612_214534.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Got half of my trellis up today. Looks pretty amateurish but it will serve its purpose. 20190617_162648.jpg

Took a pic of a helicopter flying over the spot and when i looked at it close I noticed a dragonfly had passed by my camera lens at the same time, making it appear the size of the helicopter. 20190617_165902.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  4. It wont stop raining so I thought I would do a top dress. I mixed up a box of down to earth brand cottonseed meal and a box of kelp meal in a 5 gallon bucket. I have never tried cotton seed meal before but picked it up because I was curious. When I got home I read that its really acidic? So im going to lay some lime down again later. Good thing I prefer top dressing, because I have not watered my plants and would have no chance to feed them. Its rained a lot lately. Another good reason to have fabric pots I guess. In the second pic you can see my accidental living mulch weeds from the cow manure I got. Im thinking that means it wasnt properly composted. It is what it is. 20190620_163612.jpg 20190620_165245.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Just for future reference. 1/10 the weight of the cotton seed meal is needed in lime to neutralize its acidity.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Good looking grow! Here’s some info on stinging nettle and this thread has good info about using plants as fertilizer and what compounds your getting.
    IMG_2488.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. I cant believe the size of my hostas this year. That ruler is 4 ft and I have an easy 6 inches on either siide of it. Next year it will probably overtake my solar lights. Ignore the weeds, thats my wifes job haha 20190621_212406.jpg 20190621_211725.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. I like that info man, thanks. The nettle tea I have in a 5 gallon bucket has been going for quite awhile now. My thoughts were it would still be ok if I mix it with the 300 hundred gallons my resvoir holds. Thinking it would be super dilluted by then. To do any harm but still have some beneficial affect. I know the maple sap I have it steeping in has a ton of vitamins and minerals as well.

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Sypha, Im sorry your health is deteriorating, I know the feeling and have been there. If you can find and watch the documentary called "Heal" I think it would help you.

It blew my mind the first time I watched it. And has helped me a lot. Its all about activating your mind and body to help it heal itself, which it is fully capable of. For years I was on large amounts of xanax and ativan (3mg +) every single day and still having a lot of seizures, now im on my last month of tapering down from that evil substance with only .125mg of ativan with no actual seizures at all. Its amazing what the power of belief and meditation can accomplish. Manifestation/power of attraction is a real thing as crazy as it sounds. Hope you feel better man.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. The girls are so healthy. No complaints yet. No issues with bugs, no deficiencies, no toxicities, soil seems to be doing its job and draining ok. They're a beautiful green. Excited for this years harvest. Its going to be a lot more manageable without having 30+ plants stuffed back there. Now im just relaxing on the hammock with my doggo. 20190625_154748.jpg 20190625_154754.jpg 20190625_154813.jpg 20190625_154822.jpg 20190625_154844.jpg 20190625_154858.jpg 20190625_155203.jpg 20190625_155337.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Got my first poppy bulb! Hopefully many more to come. 20190628_171808.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Congrats MM!
    Do those pods drop more seed? Can it populate the patch again for the next season?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yea, I should be able to just shake the pods and theyll drop seeds for next year, but I think Im going to collect them and start them in those little plantable peat pots next season. That area is so thick with weeds I have to do something to get rid of them first. They would be growing better if they weren't so choked out for space. Plus they should be spaced 1 poppy per square foot to reach their full potential. I have read though, that once they get established in an area, theyll just come back every year on their own, they just take over.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wow, I just realized I joined grasscity 5 years ago on this day. Nice spending time with all you degenerates!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Glad you did one of the coolest blades I've met

JuJu's legal apartment grow

• Like Like x 3
  16. Glad you did one of the coolest blades I've met

• Like Like x 2
  17. Same to you man. I wouldnt mind having a little smoke sesh again, but shit, I am so busy with these kids, work, growing, etc any free time I have I just crash on the couch and sleep anymore haha. I wish we could all come together from across the usa and have a BBQ one evening. Ive been making some killer food on the grill lately. My new specialty is these honey soy ginger chicken thighs, truly delectable.

• Like Like x 4