Michele Leonhart apparently will melt if forced to respond factually

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Jun 21, 2012.

1. A job with requirements like that isn't a job worth doing. On a positive note, at least he got the head of the DEA to admit on record that the use of medicinal marijuana should be an issue left to the patient and their doctor. Can't wait to see how they take that and run with it.

2. If Eric Holder is being charged with contempt, this bitch should be too. Fry her ass!!! :devious:

3. She's likely going to lose her job anyhow - there's a hell of a lot more to this than just raiding some dispensaries.

4. Obama stepped in for Holder so now he won't be charged with anything. =/

5. Doesn't surprise me. :rolleyes:

6. ^ Yeah, preople need to wake up and realize that Obama isn't the political messiah people thought he was.
    -----
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0ujs8mRkWM]Rep. Steve Cohen Grills DEA Administrator - YouTube[/ame]

She was grilled again and this guy dug in. She's now on record for saying that the issue of medical marijuana should be left to patients and their doctor's, which contradicts the DEA's official position. This fiasco has been a kick in the nuts for prohibition, things are getting interesting for the legalization effort. :smoke:

7. I'd suggest watching the full hearing, which is about an hour an a half long. It's not just about weed. Here's a couple of things I noted:

- She is definitely not done with testifying by any means, it was brought up that much more will be necessary than the 5 minutes alloted to each rep.
    - Rep. Scott stated very bluntly stated that treatment and prevention are much more cost effective for the dollar spent.
    - She was asked why such a large portion of the DEA offices in major cities don't have anyone at the helm - literally open positions that have not been filled.
    - She will be grilled further on the kid that was arrested in San Diego and was left unattended for several days in a holding cell while they locked up shop and went home.
    - She was questioned why, when 3 DEA agents complained about the fast and furious operation giving guns to the cartels they are trying to take down, the agents concerns were ignored.
    - She was asked about priorities, which the first time she said pharmaceuticals, but later said poly-drug organizations (cartels). She didn't seem to mention dispensaries which we all know they have raided the crap out of.
    - She stated proudly that they have extradited 250 traffickers from Mexico, but of course no mention of the 50,000+ dead bodies associated with "the war".
    - She said ONLY the most significant cases are tried in fed court, referring to poly-drug organizations (lie)
    - She said all Sch 1 are addictive (lie)

8. At the least give Leonhart some form of credit for allowing the Reps to get their questions out completely and coherently instead of cutting them off.
    In fact, it almost seemed rude at how much they cut her off.
    I understand this is under time constraints, but as someone who is in favor of complete legalization I do not believe we need to come across as assholes to make our point.

9. [quote name='xdog']I'd suggest watching the full hearing, which is about an hour an a half long. It's not just about weed. Here's a couple of things I noted:

When speaking to Rep Cohen she also said that marijuana to cancer patients should be between their doctor and them,,and when Cohen started reading the DEA pamphlet that calls medical marijuana bunk,,,the speaker called time on him,,he wants another piece of ML also,,

This statement to congress by the Administrator of the DEA,that use of marijuana for cancer patients should be between patients and their doctors is in direct conflict of the CSA and the Re-Authorization Act that her organization follows.:hello:

10. She wouldn't have gotten caught off so much if she would have just answered the questions truthfully.

11. Give her credit for letting the people ask their questions, when they are there and are given time to ask questions? LOL

Pearl covered this...they cut her off because she was dodging and they didn't want to waste their speaking time listening to all her dodging...

Trollololol

12. No she is just saying that becuase it's her job. Not to mention she probably gets large sums of money from big pharma etc... to speak out against weed, do you really think shes just that stupid? money talks and Bullshit gets spewn from her filthy mouth,

13. i wanna plant a kilo of coke on her ass and get her locked up for life. then maybe she'll learn the difference bewteen other drugs and weed

14. Paving the way for further legal "medical" marijuana is a continuation for where they wish to go with cannabis, so that too is consistent with the AIM (rather than stated intent) of the government and Wall Street. She is just leading the way there as she was told to do.

15. Absolutely. It has been acknowledged the only thing that kept the banks afloat in '08 were the laundered drug funds going through the banks. Big pharma is in line to make out like a BANDIT in this pseudo "legal" landscape the government is trying to cultivate. She is serving her keepers well.

Let us also not forget that Ms. Leonhart is a holdover from the Bush years.
    One
    big happy political family in this nation. :cool:

This is awesome theatre to watch, however. :D

16. They'll come up with some bullshit to cover her ass, just you wait.

17. ..and this person is head of the DEA? This person has power? That is scary..Also throw out a bit of sexism and say women shouldn't really be in positions of power. They are too irrational.

18. Get the fuck up out of here man. >_>

19. And selling hard core weapons to the cartels is not irrational? You're sounding pretty irrational there chief - it's a damn good thing we don't have you in charge.

20. im not sexist, but he is correct

women think with emotions over logic, its just flat out true. (there are always exceptions to the rule)

men use logic women use emotions