Michele Leonhart apparently will melt if forced to respond factually

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Jun 21, 2012.

1. #1 oltex, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
    Michele Leonhart apparently will melt if forced to respond factually
    DrugWarRant / Pete Guither / 06,20,2012

Top DEA agent won’t admit heroin more harmful than marijuana
    During a House Judiciary Subcommittee hearing on Wednesday, Drug Enforcement Administrator Michele Leonhart repeatedly refused to admit that anything was more addictive or harmful than marijuana.

Democratic Rep. Jared Polis of Colorado pressed Leonhart on whether illegal drugs like methamphetamine and crack, as well as legal prescription drugs, caused greater harm to public health compared to marijuana. But within a three minute time-span, Leonhart dodged his questions eleven times.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFgrB2Wmh5s&feature=player_embedded"]Video[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-6yNgGccO0&feature=player_embedded"]Video[/ame]

“Is crack worse for a person than marijuana?” Polis, who has called for an end the prohibition on marijuana, asked.

“I believe all illegal drugs are bad,” Leonhart responded.

“Is methamphetamine worse for somebody’s health than marijuana?” Polis continued. “Is heroin worse for somebody’s health than marijuana?”

“Again, all drugs,” Leonhart began to say, only to be cut off by Polis.

“Yes, no, or I don’t know?” Polis said. “If you don’t know this, you can look this up. As the chief administrator for the Drug Enforcement Agency, I’m asking a very straightforward question.”

Where are the contempt of congress charges for refusing to give an answer about something she is reputed to be an expert in?

2. Lie, cheat and steal. It's the government way.

3. Do you have another link Tex? Seems that one doesn't work for SOME reason as in maybe someone was forced to pull it down. I want to see her and Holder grilled.

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwaXsQY6Eg]"I'm Just Asking You As An Expert Is Heroin Worse For Someone's Health Than Marijuana?" - YouTube[/ame]

5. She can't even form a coherent sentence, and doesn't know how to formulate answers for any questions that deviate from the standard party line. Obviously she has no capacity for intelligent thought, rationalization or comprehension. I think she should be declared brain dead and have her spinal cord removed...it's the humane thing to do at this point. Also, she looks like she's either tripping or zonked out on opium....drug test immediately.

Edit: Also, Polis looks sort of like Good Guy Greg...

6. Polis is a vanguard. Leonhart is a bitch. That african american lady to the back right of her is pure win and kept lol'ing every time leonhart stays "I believe...rabblerabble"

Can't wait for this to show up on the daily show. LMFAO.

7. Polis for President?

8. I am so amazed that the gov can say and do whatever they want with no repercussions except ,, executive priv.....this woman shouldn't even be allowed out of her house , because she is just plain brainwashed and we actually pay her salary.. God help us all..

9. i watched this live and she repeatedly dodged questions then accused polis of being subjective when the science on the matter is very clear and as he said she is the expert in this area she should know all the science behind it

10. #10 cball, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
    look back at time frame 4:20 (ya,nice coincidence huh) look at the two members laughing at the bitches responses...they know he has her against a wall...she can't tell the truth or she will have to face her masters wrath...using cold hard yes/no/admit-ignorance questions and she never answered directly, used party line sound bytes...even lied directly saying pot was addictive like coke and heroin...(enjoying pot, how it makes you feel, the relief you get from it and it becoming a mental habit is not a physical addiction like the others..else you have an addiction to food, oxygen and water...and better quit using them...)

send this to everyone you know, can find, send it to your congressman and senators asking why she can't answer the question when the science is clear...and she is a qualified expert on the science...or is supposed to be...

ask for her to be fired from public service for insubordination, disqualify her from any retirement and unemployment benefits for her violations of the 'company rules'.

[​IMG]

11. Wow - complete refusal to directly answer the questions. Does this qualify for contempt? She just opened the door and requested an ass-kicking.

12. i would've asked why she can directly answer some questions, but not the ones pertaining to marijuana.
    "is this your top priority?"
    "yes"
    OH so you DO know that word.....ok

13. #14 dudeman420, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFC2IZe04EY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFC2IZe04EY[/ame]

the gentlemen from TN , Steve Cohen i applaud him as well

14. She looks like shes all fucked up on some painkillers

15. Did anyone else take a turn smacking the Leonhart pinata?

16. After watching that, I'd say there's going to be several more hearings and that she is on her way out, possibly worse. There's just no excuse for all the bullshit she's being called out for. Her best friend in that room was the 5 minute limit.

I believe she lied when she stated ALL Sch 1 drugs are addictive. She further lied by saying her administration was focusing on "poly-drug" cartels and pharmaceuticals - it's going to be hard to explain what they were doing in so many small-time dispensary raids, most of which are not being prosecuted.

17. Her job is to keep the current budget of the DEA or increase it, not to tell the truth. Government is working, but our government is not set-up for quick change because our founding fathers were not as idiotic as most and didn't think that majority tyranny (mob rule aka as pure democracy) would be a good form of government.

18. She was in a tough spot. You can tell she knows the right answer to the questions, but if she answers them directly she would lose her job. She knew that and Polis knew it too.

Still pretty fucked up though