Michele Bachmann wins straw poll

Discussion in 'Politics' started by weednotcrack, Aug 14, 2011.

1. She did have a shit ton of people there. Some of her people went to wait in line in for food in Herman Cain's line because her's was so long.

I also think it helps her cause for being a (semi-decent looking) woman so all of the stupid Iowa folk we have are thinking "she's hot, if I vote for her, she'll go out with me!"

Also for some more optimism, it's only the straw poll. A pretty weak indicator for the actual nomination, which is in turn a weak indicator for who will be the next president.

Just keep up the cause for Ron Paul!

2. It's a tough choice. Romney's clearly more intelligent but if we have to have someone with crazy ass policies in power maybe it'd be better to have someone who is astoundingly stupid and too incompetent to get anything done?

3. Honestly, Bachmann only pulled ahead of RP by 1% on her home turf that's pretty sad.

4. This ^

Bachmann got 28% of the vote.
    Ron Paul got 27% of the vote.

He only lost by 1% lol.

5. lol wheres romney

6. He didn't participate in the Poll or something stupid like that.

7. On her home turf, and despite bribing hundreds of on-the-fence voters with Randy Travis concert tickets (FACT), she beats Ron Paul by < 1%.

Today is a victory for liberty. That dumb cunt isn't going anywhere. She's a fucking retard.

"GOD BLESS IOWA! GOD BLESS AMERICA! DAR DAR DAR!"

Never has uttered a single word of intellectual substance. Not a chance in fuck she wins the nomination.

RON. PAUL. TWO. THOUSAND. TWELVE.

8. #28 myoung7189, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2011
    Romney was on the ballot I think he finished 7th but he wasn't there today which hurt his chances... big time.

9. Yeah he only got 500~ or so votes, does anyone know who this Thaddeus McCotter fellow is? He got 35 votes, and I've never even heard of him lol...

10. Tim Pawlenty and Rick Santorum beat both beat Romney, in addition to Bachmann winning just proves there are many, many dumbed down, hyper-Christian Conservatives floating around Iowa.

11. same difference.. it would be just like having bush or Obama in office..

same wars, fed reserve, drug war, etc etc etc..

12. [​IMG]

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCDWcViZEtc]Cheering "RON PAUL! RON PAUL! RON PAUL!" After Straw Poll Results Announced - YouTube[/ame]

At about 3 min, the crowd starts shouting "RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL"

He only lost by 150 votes, and like Charlie Sheen would say: #Still #Winning

14. Does this crazy woman, bachmann, ever say anything substantive? The only thing I've heard from her is "We have to make Barack Obama a.. ONE.. TERM.. PRESIDENT." Damn, people are dumb.

15. There ya go...try to keep things in a positive light...:p

I feel so much better with the thought things will just stay the same...:bongin::metal::smoking::yay::gc_rocks:

16. I don't like the way you put that cause it implies the behavior of these people who endorse murdering tens of thousands and kicking the sick, poor, the "alien" (as the bible would put it) to the curb is "Christian".

Sorry had to nitpick, being one myself :p.

A true "hyper-Christian" would probably be more of a progressive libertarian than anyone on this forum. Not that I think it should be tied into politics at all.

The rhetoric that comes from the right wing evangelical base most of the time has almost no basis in scripture.

The early church was basically set up like a commune, and Paul on at least one occasion specifically instructed one of the churches to *not* concern themselves with the actions of unbelievers and to just worry about themselves. I'm paraphrasing obviously.

Honestly the behavior of the people you describe is much more in line with that of the "white washed tomb" pharisees that both Christ and Paul are constantly at odds with in the NT. Obsessed with the "law" and trying to force others to follow it all the while being huge hypocrites.

17. HAHAHAHA! I know huh, every time, that is all she ever says :laughing:

18. told you guys its gonna be perry/bachman.

19. This is just the beginning, Paul has to educate the people before he can attain their vote.