Michael Phelps

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Jamrocknw89, Feb 3, 2009.

1. I know it's probably not going to be a huge step forward in our cause but dam it does prove something to the world:

Even 8x gold medalists smoke the bud every once in a while. And it also proves that not all people who smoke weed are unsuccessful.

Get high, get high speeds, Win gold medals! hahaha

Although I'm sure he doesn't do it too often.

2. It has to be turning heads somewhere. I mean, fucking Michael Phelps.

"Jesus, even this kids doing it."

3. Yea i think its a good thing but its too bad he had to "apologize" for his behavior like he was hurting somebody or something.
    My english teacher today talked to us about the "drug epidemic" and how even michael phelps gives in under the pressure and does drugs, like the harmful marijuana! haha it was so ridiculous then he started to preach to us about how we shouldnt do things like go around and buy morphine to get high. wtf people :confused:

4. If he can blaze bowls and win a bunch of olympic medals, if you took away his weed he'd be taking over countries.

Weed=Winning olympic gold medals:D

5. Only if he just got shitface sloppy drunk people wouldn't be on his ass so much:rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. #6 Jamrocknw89, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
    yeah, notice how all the celebrity mutha fuckas and other sports icons (Steeler's QB) who get caught for drunk driving, don't have to apologize for shit and MR. Phelps who is greater than most of those no talent ass clowns, is super critisized for a little bong hit pic? Besides, I think he deserves to party a little, the guy only broke a few world records didn't he?

There's society for ya! Fuckin english teachers, lol.

7. had the same thought today bro.

we got someone big on our side :wave:

8. Yeah, we got a huge guy on our team now! Team Marijuana just drafted Michael fucking Phelps!

But they didn't even really care about his drunk driving, they continuously flashed the bong picture and kept talking about his "bad influence" to children. I do agree that he should be critisized for drunk driving but they made a bigger deal about the marijuana.

9. At dinner tonight, my mom and dad said they were disgusted and that he deserves to lose his sponsorships. My dad said he couldn't believe that Michael Phelps would train so hard and then start putting "those chemicals in his body". Damn I can't wait to move out to my apartment.

10. Phelps probably ingested more chemicals from simply being in China, than he would smokin weed. Not to hate or anything but China is shitty.

11. phelps is my hero, theres no doubt that you can do well in sports and have some bud every once in a while. also joe rogan and his buddies smoke a lot too and theyre always training bjj.
    this is an all time win for potheads

12. Hopefully michael triggered something with this...
    Can't wait for some Michael Phelps Weed strain to come out;)

13. Nice article. Finally someone with a take on this story who isn't on the prohibitionist high horse. In the comments under the article, someone made the EXACT comment that I have been thinking about lately:
    Our current President did it, the President before him did it, the President before him did it.
    Now we have cabinet members who don't pay their taxes, -something any one of us would be in prison for and they were approved regardless because they likely can't find a politician who isn't a crook. Who are the morality police in this world? Crooks who benefit from prohibition! Just like Mr. Phelps, we better not get caught because there are different rules for different people in this society.

14. Think about all the people who knew him who totally knew he blazed way before then

15. I seriously was going to say the same thing. Although that's not a good enough excuse to throw down. Phelps, who's done so much in the ways of getting swimming recognized would be a stronger role model to kids than our president. All the negative media complains about is how kids look up to him. And in this case, there IS proof of him smoking weed unlike Obama.

16. You have Obama openly admitting it. You have Phelps with a waterpipe to his lips with no smoke inside and no confession that there was MJ inside.

There's an article on ESPN about one of the authors there being a "swimming dad" and how this has changed his perception about who should be role models. Damn straight! The kid swims for a living. That doesn't make him a well-rounded individual. How many athletes have to get busted before people stop saying they are role models? They are modern day gladiators in the second coming of the Roman Empire. They are there to keep us dumbed down and occupied. They aren't role models unless you are willing to accept right off the bat they are human and prone to mistakes. Most of the public reaction I have seen OUTSIDE of media people writing scathing criticism is that they don't care. Its a non-issue. It just the idealogues who see this sober society in the sky that think Phelps is a role model. He's human, and I'm glad he's bursting bubbles along with Olympic records. Just another feather in the cap when it comes to drug law reform and adjusting societal expectations so that they're based in reality. :cool: